Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mexico border wall: Trump defends emergency

Unusual Tournament

15 hours ago, and then said:

Then the problem is our politicians more so than the illegals.  The fence should be around DC...along with some minefields and AAA batteries.

And who is it that puts those politicians back in office time after time.  It is voters who have been bribed.  "Sure I voted for him. He may be crooked as a snake but he got us a military depot and 200 jobs, that's all I care about," some might say.  We need to take some responsibility for our own duplicity in this. Has gotten to the point that people care more about their their district than the big picture of the country?  The politicians we elect are reflections of our own character to a large extent.

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

And who is it that puts those politicians back in office time after time.  

lol, you really think it is you?? lmao. the system is build to give you an illusion of usefulness, relax, you can't do anything either way, the system was build so you feel guilty for everything they do. you can deny it all you want, but look around......

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, you really think it is you?? lmao. the system is build to give you an illusion of usefulness, relax, you can't do anything either way, the system was build so you feel guilty for everything they do. you can deny it all you want, but look around......

Are you so done and cynical that you think it is all a joke? You think we are powerless victims?  What becomes of a nation when its's citizens don't care or believe it should continue to exist? 

• Like 2

President Bill Clinton

• Sept. 26, 1993: Prohibiting Certain Transactions Involving UNITA (a political party in Angola), revoked 2003;
  • Sept. 30, 1993: Measures to Restrict the Participation by United States Persons in Weapons Proliferation Activities, revoked 1994;
  • June 30, 1994: Continuation of Export Control Regulations, revoked 1994;
  • Aug. 19, 1994: Continuation of Export Control Regulations, revoked 2001;
  • Sept. 29, 1994: Measures to Restrict the Participation by United States Persons in Weapons Proliferation Activities, revoked 1994;
  • Oct. 25, 1994: Blocking Property and Additional Measures With Respect to the Bosnian Serb- Controlled Areas of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina, revoked 2003;
  • Nov. 14, 1994 (still in effect): Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction, continued in November 2018;
  • Jan. 23, 1995 (still in effect): Prohibiting Transactions with Terrorists Who Threaten to Disrupt the Middle East Peace Process, continued in January 2018;
  • March 15, 1995 (still in effect): Prohibiting Certain Transactions with Respect to the Development of Iranian Petroleum Resources, continued in March 2018 and expanded in August 2018;
  • Oct. 21, 1995 (still in effect): Blocking Assets and Prohibiting Transactions with Significant Narcotics Traffickers, continued in October 2018;
  • March 1, 1996 (still in effect): Regulation of the Anchorage and Movement of Vessels with Respect to Cuba, modified by President Obama in 2016 and again by President Trump in February 2018;
  • May 22, 1997: Prohibiting New Investment in Burma, terminated in October 2016;
  • Nov. 3, 1997 (still in effect): Blocking Sudanese Government Property and Prohibiting Transactions with Sudan, continued in October 2018;
  • June 9, 1998: Blocking Property of the Governments of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (Serbia and Montenegro), the Republic of Serbia, and the Republic of Montenegro, and Prohibiting New Investment in the Republic of Serbia in Response to the Situation in Kosovo, revoked in 2003;
  • July 4, 1999: Blocking Property and Prohibiting Transactions with the Taliban, revoked in 2002;
  • June 21, 2000: Blocking Property of the Government of the Russian Federation Relating to the Disposition of Highly Enriched Uranium Extracted from Nuclear Weapons, expired 2012;
  • Jan. 18, 2001: Blocking Property of the Government of the Russian Federation Relating to the Disposition of Highly Enriched Uranium Extracted from Nuclear Weapons, revoked in 2004.

President George W. Bush

• June 26, 2001 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Persons Who Threaten International Stabilization Efforts in the Western Balkans, continued in June 2018;
  • Aug. 17, 2001 (still in effect): Continuation of Export Control Regulations, continued August 2018;
  • Sept. 14, 2001 (still in effect): Declaration of National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks, continued in September 2018;
  • Sept. 23, 2001 (still in effect): Blocking Property and Prohibiting Transactions with Persons who Commit, Threaten to Commit, or Support Terrorism, continued in September 2017;
  • March 6, 2003 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Zimbabwe, continued in March 2018;
  • May 22, 2003 (still in effect): Protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Property in Which Iraq has an Interest, continued in May 2018;
  • May 11, 2004 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Certain Persons and Prohibiting the Export of Certain Goods to Syria, continued in May 2018;
  • July 22, 2004: Blocking Property of Certain Persons and Prohibiting the Importation of Certain Goods from Liberia, revoked in November 2015;
  • Feb. 7, 2006: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Côte d'Ivoire, terminated in September 2016;
  • June 16, 2006 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Certain Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Belarus, continued in June 2018;
  • Oct. 27, 2006 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, continued in October 2018;
  • Aug. 1, 2007 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Persons Undermining the Sovereignty of Lebanon or Its Democratic Processes and Institutions, continued in July 2018;
  • June 26, 2008 (still in effect): Continuing Certain Restrictions With Respect to North Korea and North Korean Nationals, continued in October 2018.

President Barack Obama

• Oct. 23, 2009: Declaration of a National Emergency With Respect to the 2009 H1N1 Influenza Pandemic, was never terminated or continued;
  • April 12, 2010 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Somalia, continued in 2018;
  • Feb. 25, 2011 (still in effect): Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related to Libya, continued in February 2018;
  • July 24, 2011 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Transnational Criminal Organizations, continued in July 2018;
  • May 16, 2012 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security, or Stability of Yemen, continued in May 2012;
  • June 25, 2012: Blocking Property of the Government of the Russian Federation Relating to the Disposition of Highly Enriched Uranium Extracted from Nuclear Weapons, revoked in 2015;
  • March 6, 2014 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine, continued in March 2018;
  • April 3, 2014 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Certain Persons With Respect to South Sudan, continued in March 2018;
  • May 12, 2014 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Central African Republic, continued in May 2018;
  • March 8, 2015 (still in effect): Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela, continued in March 2018;
  • April 1, 2015 (still in effect): Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities, continued in March 2018;
  • Nov. 22, 2015 (still in effect): Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Burundi, continued in November 2018.

President Donald Trump

• Dec. 20, 2017: Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption;
  • Sept. 12, 2018: Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States Election;
  • Nov. 27, 2018: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Nicaragua.
  • Haha 1

What are we looking at above @Myles ?

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Are you so done and cynical that you think it is all a joke? 

yes it is a joke, and i'm not done or cynical, i just do not  take shows seriously. i also can tell apart a show form reality

You think we are powerless victims? 

those who depends on voting process to change their lives,  no doubt are. 

What becomes of a nation when its's citizens don't care or believe it should continue to exist? 

what does that have to do with election illusion?   gvmnt is NOT the nation.

Edited by aztek

1 hour ago, aztek said:

what does that have to do with election illusion?   gvmnt is NOT the nation.

Sorry I don't quite get that. , if the government represents its citizens, it may not BE the nation but it is the organization of the citizenry into a nation that allows us to deal with other nations isn't it?

1 hour ago, aztek said:

those who depends on voting process to change their lives,  no doubt are. 

You change your own life, but you also choose who speaks for you  when you don't have a direct voice in what affects you.  That is everything from city or county officials all the way up to congress.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Sorry I don't quite get that. , if the government represents its citizens, it may not BE the nation but it is the organization of the citizenry into a nation that allows us to deal with other nations isn't it?

You change your own life, but you also choose who speaks for you  when you don't have a direct voice in what affects you.  That is everything from city or county officials all the way up to congress.

yea big IF, they really do NOT represent our best interests. that is a reality, yes they deal with other nations, but it has nothing to do with you. 

you do that,  i do not believe they re[present me, and i also build my life the way, that no matter who is elected i do not care, they do not affect my life. 

Edited by aztek

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I'm just guessing but I would say national emergencies called and the President that called them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I'm just guessing but I would say national emergencies called and the President that called them.

Thats what I thought too but there seem to be some missing (not sure on that) so I thought id ask, kinda figured he might have an argument to lay out too.

Edited by Farmer77

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats what I thought too but there seem to be some missing (not sure on that) so I thought id ask, kinda figured he might have an argument to lay out to.

I haven't analyzed them all but comparing those to our open border, there is no comparison.  I don't see anything that should approach the seriousness of a national emergency.  Instead of blocking property, we should be protecting American lives.

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 6:03 PM, acidhead said:

And Trump had them all ground up into mystery meat and sold in Chicago, right? What!!! They were not all murdered? Wait... Trump hates these people, right? So surely bad things are happening to people like this somewhere. Surely..... because... Hatred of Trump... 

14 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

And who is it that puts those politicians back in office time after time.  It is voters who have been bribed.  "Sure I voted for him. He may be crooked as a snake but he got us a military depot and 200 jobs, that's all I care about," some might say.  We need to take some responsibility for our own duplicity in this. Has gotten to the point that people care more about their their district than the big picture of the country?  The politicians we elect are reflections of our own character to a large extent.

This is true, and to the best of my knowledge, has always been true, everywhere. Politicians pander to those who elect them. Always.

I agree those people should also own what their representative does.

But I also agree with aztek that everyone is going to find themselves negatively affected by government in some way, and the best way to deal with it is live the way you want to, inside the law, and ignore the stupid that does not directly affect you.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Oops.  Sorry Farmer, I forgot to include that these are the National Emergencies declared by each president since Clinton.

• Thanks 1

Looks like the Senate put the SMACK down on the Green New Deal (Vote was 57 to 0). Not a single Democrat Senator voted for it.

I'd imagine it would look bad saying we can't find 5 billion for a wall, but we can spend hundreds of trillions....

I also saw that the House failed to bypass Trump's emergency order. So, does that mean Trump can go ahead. I realize there are some States that are suing, but do those suits have to be settled before construction begins? I'd imagine such a question will go through the courts pretty fast, and we'll see Trump's Wall being worked on by May.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-congress-emergency/us-house-fails-to-override-trump-veto-upholding-border-wall-emergency-idUSKCN1R70ZN

Just 14 Republicans joined 234 Democrats in voting to override, one more Republican than had bucked Trump in a previous House vote on the border wall emergency. One Democrat and two Republicans did not vote.

With the 248-181 tally, Trump is now likely to continue scouring federal accounts for money he wants redirected to building a border wall, which he says is needed to curb illegal immigration and drug trafficking.

26 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Seems like the problem is getting much worse with Trump's fixing.

I guess it's a trend: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/us/politics/us-trade-deficit.html

Good news is he is planning of fixing Obamacare next........

Well, you see it as a problem Gromdor, that's your problem. .  To those in the know, this is just part of the President's genius master plan to discredit the fake news and the liberals.  It will be revealed that it is their fault that his plans are not working.  We will have to eliminate Medicare and cut Social Security because those are liberal programs designed to destroy the country.. Eventually, the administration will be able to expose economics as fake news, just like climate change.  Another victory

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, you see it as a problem Gromdor, that's your problem. .  To those in the know, this is just part of the President's genius master plan to discredit the fake news and the liberals.  It will be revealed that it is their fault that his plans are not working.  We will have to eliminate Medicare and cut Social Security because those are liberal programs designed to destroy the country.. Eventually, the administration will be able to expose economics as fake news, just like climate change.  Another victory

Pshaw.  Next you'll be telling me that his administration wants to cut Special Olympics too!

Ah wait..... https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/espn-personalities-take-to-social-media-to-defend-special-olympics-after-betsy-devos-proposal-would-cuts-its-funding

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Pshaw.  Next you'll be telling me that his administration wants to cut Special Olympics too!

Ah wait..... https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/espn-personalities-take-to-social-media-to-defend-special-olympics-after-betsy-devos-proposal-would-cuts-its-funding

Indeed yes.  It is the boot of tyranny on the necks of true conservative Americans, treating non-contributing, welfare dependent,  disabled citizens as if they had feelings and joys and were as worthy as anybody else of being served and striving to excel. That $18 MILLION (doesn't say billion)  dollars that the concerned Betsy DeVos will save at current rates will build a couple of hundred yards of border fencing.

Not on topic, but is Betsy somehow related to Rich DeVos the  famous Amway guy?

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Indeed yes.  It is the boot of tyranny on the necks of true conservative Americans, treating non-contributing, welfare dependent,  disabled citizens as if they had feelings and joys and were as worthy as anybody else of being served and striving to excel. That $18 MILLION (doesn't say billion)  dollars that the concerned Betsy DeVos will save at current rates will build a couple of hundred yards of border fencing.

Not on topic, but is Betsy somehow related to Rich DeVos the  famous Amway guy?

I know Erik Prince, the Blackwater guy is her brother. Dick DeVos is her husband I believe.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Sounds like the CBP needs more border patrol agents, more judges, more housing, heck more everything.  Pity we can't send money that way for fear Trump will divert it to his vanity wall.

Talk radio was saying that the CBP plans to release a large number of them into places like El Paso, Yuma, and San Diego.

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Doubtless they believe a Wall is coming, and so are trying to come across before it gets done. Why else would they rush the border, other then fear it will be harder soon? Is the economy in Mexico turning bad maybe?