Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mexico border wall: Trump defends emergency

Unusual Tournament

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Because a white supremacist said something you found appealing ??  That was more wishful thinking on his part than it was fact based argument. 

I also find the position that folks of latin origin bringing that culture to California resulting in the end of society to be one wholly ignorant of the history of California and the US in general. Take a road trip folks, you'll be amazed at what you could learn.

I had no idea that you had quoted a "white supremacist"... I just took your quote at face value ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I had no idea that you had quoted a "white supremacist"... I just took your quote at face value ! 

You honestly cant take anything anyone on any side of any issue says at face value anymore.

Perhaps you never could but the dark money tendrils just seem more brazen now than ever.

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You honestly cant take anything anyone on any side of any issue says at face value anymore.

Perhaps you never could but the dark money tendrils just seem more brazen now than ever.

Oh Farmer77.. have you succumbed to the Dark Side ? :o 

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Oh Farmer77.. have you succumbed to the Dark Side ? :o 

What is the dark side?

20 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

What is the dark side?

It is the one with chocolate biscuits ! 

(I was just responding to your post #502)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2019 at 3:45 AM, Farmer77 said:

Those in power being checked claim theyre biased and because you like those in power you agree with them.  Human nature for sure, still rooting on dictatorship at the end of the day.

If they are not bias, then why do the liberal lawsuits always use the same Federal Circuit Courts? The same Judges names coming up again and again?

They go to their favorite courts and hope their favorite judges pick up the case.

20 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

As someone who is considering buying a house in California as we speak I am genuinely baffled by your closing statement there.

are you anticipating its unilateral declaration of independence?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

If they are not bias, then why do the liberal lawsuits always use the same Federal Circuit Courts? The same Judges names coming up again and again?

Oh im not denying that bias exists, both sides of the aisle play the friendly judge game, just denying that that bias is reason to ignore the courts ruling OR to run a misinformation campaign on the American people regarding the checks and balances.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

eh?

1 minute ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

are you anticipating its unilateral declaration of independence?

Nah just lowering my cost of living by a good bit, hopefully while picking up some waterfront property.  My five minute drive to fish has gotten old :D

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/29/trump-border-wall-funding-1484154

Trump appeals order partially blocking border wall funding

I imagine this request will be approved as Trump would have gone to a friendly Federal Circuit Court with his request.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/29/trump-border-wall-funding-1484154

I imagine this request will be approved as Trump would have gone to a friendly Federal Circuit Court with his request.

It's destined to end up in the supremes, if they will hear it.

Im curious to see what a conservative judge's take on it is actually. I think the regime may end up shocked if they went to a constitutionalist thinking party lines would be the deciding force.

Judge shoots down House attempt to block Trump’s border wall emergency

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/03/judge-trump-border-wall-emergency-1352445

In a 24-page opinion, D.C.-based District Court Judge Trevor McFadden said that the court lacked authority to resolve a funding dispute between the executive and legislative branches.

The ruling deals a momentary victory to Trump. A separate Oakland-based federal judge in late May issued a preliminary injunction that blocked the transfer of roughly $1 billion in Defense Department counter-drug funding to cover expansions and enhancement of border barriers.

So seems the temporary injunction is canceled by this judgement?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/03/judge-trump-border-wall-emergency-1352445

It's just one of a bunch of lawsuits sadly.  The article you linked even mentioned the particular separate lawsuit with the (still active) injunction:

"The ruling deals a momentary victory to Trump. A separate Oakland-based federal judge in late May issued a preliminary injunction that blocked the transfer of roughly $1 billion in Defense Department counter-drug funding to cover expansions and enhancement of border barriers."

Edited by Gromdor
bolded separate
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

No the only thing this ruling said was that House dems didnt have standing to bring the suit.

• Like 1

A rather bizarre incident: https://www.foxnews.com/us/american-killed-in-border-shootout-was-attempting-to-smuggle-in-chinese-nationals-officials-say

I'm not a coyote by any means but having a couple of Chinese guys lie in the bed of my pickup while I drive though a Mexican border point in this political climate seems rather foolish.  Never mind the whole, "Screw it, I'm going to go down shooting" bit.

What a lunatic. He refuses to stop for border agents, finally being halted by them driving a car in front of his truck. And then he starts shooting ? 

I mean... what outcome did he EXPECT ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

What a lunatic. He refuses to stop for border agents, finally being halted by them driving a car in front of his truck. And then he starts shooting ? 

I mean... what outcome did he EXPECT ? 

Was he drunk or on meth, or just stupid?

This is almost as bad as that lady that stabbed herself and blamed Trump.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Was he drunk or on meth, or just stupid?

This is almost as bad as that lady that stabbed herself and blamed Trump.

The balloon lady or a different one?

20 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The balloon lady or a different one?

This is a different one, in the USA @Gromdor

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-women-stabs-self-tells-police-she-was-tired-of-living-in-trumps-country

There was a UM article or post about it....but I can't find it now :( 

• Like 1