Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mexico border wall: Trump defends emergency

Unusual Tournament

20 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I wonder how much they were making? I hope it was worth it, but I suspect it was not.

When I was in the Army, I saw a guy taken down at the PX for stealing a music CD. He went to military prison and received a bad conduct discharge. He was a Sergeant with a wife and kid, but REALLY wanted that CD.

So many people make so many bad choices.

Two of the migrants “stated they were going to pay $8,000 to be smuggled into the United States” and were trying to get to Los Angeles and then New Jersey, the complaint said. - From the link.

• Like 4

Someone has gotten killed. With all this incendiary rhetoric going around I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner. Pat yourselves on the back people.

Armed man shot, killed after throwing incendiary devices at Washington ICE detention center

Police in Washington state say an armed man was shot and killed early Saturday after trying to attack a local Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center.

The Seattle Times reported that the unidentified man appeared outside of the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma with a rifle and threw incendiary devices at both the facility and nearby propane tanks, at one point setting a vehicle on fire.

Officers responded to the incident around 4 a.m. and called out to the man before shots were fired. It was not clear how many shots were fired or whether the man fired at police.
cont...
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

The Seattle Times reported that the unidentified man appeared outside of the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma with a rifle and threw incendiary devices at both the facility and nearby propane tanks, at one point setting a vehicle on fire.

Come on, Michelle, the man was just celebrating being in America and was a little late with his 4th of July celebration, is all :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Trump isn't matching Obama deportation numbers

Note: Fiscal years begin October 1 of the previous calendar year; Data: Department of Homeland Security; Chart: Chris Canipe/Axios

Note: Fiscal years begin October 1 of the previous calendar year; Data: Department of Homeland Security; Chart: Chris Canipe/Axios

Immigration and Customs Enforcement has deported more immigrants this fiscal year than any full fiscal year of Donald Trump's presidency, but it has yet to reach Barack Obama's early deportation levels, according to new internal Department of Homeland Security figures obtained by Axios.

https://www.axios.com/immigration-ice-deportation-trump-obama-a72a0a44-540d-46bc-a671-cd65cf72f4b1.html

These were people already here, part of the 11 million or whatever the number that are in the US.  This does not count those apprehended or turned back at the border.

Some credit where credit is due, President Trump is deporting a lot of criminals.

I was surprised by this considering all of the rhetoric. For all of the fear and animus generated around immigrants, I thought the numbers would be a lot higher on this signature issue.   Clinton, (not my hero for other reasons) deported 12 million, Bush deported 10 million and Obama deported 5 million.  Even those libs many people hate were quietly going about getting it done.  President More Talk Than Action needs to pick up the pace even to tie Obama.  Bush and Obama also built more border barriers than the current president.  Chanting does not make it happen.

Edited by Tatetopa
Trouble with graph added address
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Michelle said:

Someone has gotten killed. With all this incendiary rhetoric going around I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner. Pat yourselves on the back people.

Armed man shot, killed after throwing incendiary devices at Washington ICE detention center

Police in Washington state say an armed man was shot and killed early Saturday after trying to attack a local Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center.

Officers responded to the incident around 4 a.m. and called out to the man before shots were fired. It was not clear how many shots were fired or whether the man fired at police.
cont...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Trump isn't matching Obama deportation numbers

Immigration and Customs Enforcement has deported more immigrants this fiscal year than any full fiscal year of Donald Trump's presidency, but it has yet to reach Barack Obama's early deportation levels, according to new internal Department of Homeland Security figures obtained by Axios.

https://www.axios.com/immigration-ice-deportation-trump-obama-a72a0a44-540d-46bc-a671-cd65cf72f4b1.html

These were people already here, part of the 11 million or whatever the number that are in the US.  This does not count those apprehended or turned back at the border.

Some credit where credit is due, President Trump is deporting a lot of criminals.

I was surprised by this considering all of the rhetoric. For all of the fear and animus generated around immigrants, I thought the numbers would be a lot higher on this signature issue.   Clinton, (not my hero for other reasons) deported 12 million, Bush deported 10 million and Obama deported 5 million.  Even those libs many people hate were quietly going about getting it done.  President More Talk Than Action needs to pick up the pace even to tie Obama.  Bush and Obama also built more border barriers than the current president.  Chanting does not make it happen.

Look, even more evidence that Trump is a lesser President than Obama. Can’t even keep up with early Obama. Tut tut tut.

8 minutes ago, acidhead said:

This is what happens when the news media gives carte blanche to the likes of antifa. They are totally complacent.

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Look, even more evidence that Trump is a lesser President than Obama. Can’t even keep up with early Obama. Tut tut tut.

You could choose to look at it that way or consider that President Bush quietly sent back twice as many,10 million as Obama did.

Neither of them needed to whip up their base by causing fear and disgust.  They did not need the spotlight or the camps or the large crowds.  They did not call them "rapists or murderers or their worst people"  There was no commentary on major  TV about them being filthy or disease carriers. 

If you go back to that old Republican icon and California boy, Ronald Reagan, he knew we needed Hispanic field labor to make agriculture prosperous, whether that is a lettuce producer in California or a dairy farmer in Minnesota.

The barriers began construction in earnest under Slick Willie Clinton.  Say what you want  about his womanizing, and crooked money activities, he built several hundred miles of critical barriers in the most frequently crossed areas and deported 12 million illegal immigrants in 8 years.  Barrier building and deportation continued under Bush and Obama.  None of them threatened tariffs on Mexico or made a campaign issue of it, they just got the job done.

A cynic wonders if President Trump wants to do the job or just hold it out there as a bogeyman to keep people in line and convince his followers that he is the only one that can solve the problem, when in fact, the last 3 presidents have done more about it than he has.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

You could choose to look at it that way or consider that President Bush quietly sent back twice as many,10 million as Obama did.

Neither of them needed to whip up their base by causing fear and disgust.  They did not need the spotlight or the camps or the large crowds.  They did not call them "rapists or murderers or their worst people"  There was no commentary on major  TV about them being filthy or disease carriers. 

If you go back to that old Republican icon and California boy, Ronald Reagan, he knew we needed Hispanic field labor to make agriculture prosperous, whether that is a lettuce producer in California or a dairy farmer in Minnesota.

The barriers began construction in earnest under Slick Willie Clinton.  Say what you want  about his womanizing, and crooked money activities, he built several hundred miles of critical barriers in the most frequently crossed areas and deported 12 million illegal immigrants in 8 years.  Barrier building and deportation continued under Bush and Obama.  None of them threatened tariffs on Mexico or made a campaign issue of it, they just got the job done.

A cynic wonders if President Trump wants to do the job or just hold it out there as a bogeyman to keep people in line and convince his followers that he is the only one that can solve the problem, when in fact, the last 3 presidents have done more about it than he has.

Well take this latest raid.  It's for a mere 2000 with reputed criminal records out of the 11 million.  Yet, he announces it before hand?  Obama or Bush would have just arrested them and deported them without giving them a chance to hide/arming up, advertising it, or making it into a clown show.  And while we are talking about mismanagement-  why don't we have a head of ICE or Homeland Security yet?  How is he planning on doing anything meaningful when half the leadership is missing?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

But look how many on the left in these Sactuary cities are speaking out, full of righteous indignation, showing who they really are and who rates their time and attention, not caring that these criminals in their midst appear more important than the citizens that should be their 1st priority, anxious to get their news bite FaceTime and never realizing how this appears to their constituents. Frankly, it's kinda genius....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Well take this latest raid.  It's for a mere 2000 with reputed criminal records out of the 11 million.  Yet, he announces it before hand?  Obama or Bush would have just arrested them and deported them without giving them a chance to hide/arming up, advertising it, or making it into a clown show.  And while we are talking about mismanagement-  why don't we have a head of ICE or Homeland Security yet?  How is he planning on doing anything meaningful when half the leadership is missing?

I may be mistaken, but didn't someone with ICE leak the information first?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Michelle said:

I may be mistaken, but didn't someone with ICE leak the information first?

Yes and no.  Trump announced the publicly announced the raids and then the details of the raid for practically every city was leaked by ICE to various groups.  I mean ICE even tweeted which cities would be raided and exempted New Orleans because of the hurricane: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/14/politics/ice-raids-undocumented-immigrants/index.html

"The level of detail in the information that came out publicly (last month) was way beyond these general comments the President is making," he said. -From the link.

• Like 4

On 14-7-2019 at 5:18 AM, acidhead said:

Interesting.. Willem seems to be a (rather recent) Dutch erm.. immigrant. :o

Wonder how this would have been interpreted if this immigrant hailed from, say, Mechico?

(RIP Willem van Spronsen)

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Wonder how this would have been interpreted if this immigrant hailed from, say, Mechico?

If he was here illegally, then it wouldn't have mattered where he came from.

17 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

(RIP Willem van Spronsen)

It'd still be a dumba$$ thing to do.

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

If he was here illegally, then it wouldn't have mattered where he came from.

Not true.  There are over half a million illegal immigrants from Europe here in the US and nothing is done to deport or curtail them unless they get caught in a serious crime.  They also have easier paths to citizenship.  Melania Trump is a perfect example, Elon Musk another. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Not true.  There are over half a million illegal immigrants from Europe here in the US and nothing is done to deport or curtail them unless they get caught in a serious crime.  They also have easier paths to citizenship.  Melania Trump is a perfect example, Elon Musk another. 

Hey, I gotta' be the contrarian, Gromdor!

Not long ago where I am, an illegal Irish immigrant went on vacation back to Ireland. He did an interview on a local TV show and talked about his life in America where he ran his construction business, and of course, discussed the fact that he was in America, illegally.

The next WEEK, he was captured by ICE and deported. No questions asked, do not pass GO, just GONE.

How ya been Grom? I don't get in here as much (whimper). But I still enjoy it when I do.

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Hey, I gotta' be the contrarian, Gromdor!

Not long ago where I am, an illegal Irish immigrant went on vacation back to Ireland. He did an interview on a local TV show and talked about his life in America where he ran his construction business, and of course, discussed the fact that he was in America, illegally.

The next WEEK, he was captured by ICE and deported. No questions asked, do not pass GO, just GONE.

How ya been Grom? I don't get in here as much (whimper). But I still enjoy it when I do.

Hmm.  Was it this guy? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40332646

I guess I stand corrected.  Perhaps I should have said, "That don't brag about being illegal in media."

Did see this in the article:

"Jerry, Millar and Cunningham all acknowledged that, as white men, they can fly under the radar of those who associate unauthorised immigrants with Mexico and Central America.

Cunningham recalled local police and immigration officials not questioning his status during stops. He felt that he was given a pass because of his Irish accent. He wondered if the officers would have treated him differently if he were black or brown."

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

majority of them on expired visas, it is completely different from coming here illegally.

and no they do not have any easier way to get citizenship, to say they do is a racist lie. my wife took that exam, the rules are the same for white, black,. brown, yellow,..... absolutely identical,

Edited by aztek

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

majority of them on expired visas, it is completely different from coming here illegally.

and no they do not have any easier way to get citizenship, to say they do is a racist lie. my wife took that exam, the rules are the same for white, black,. brown, yellow,..... absolutely identical,

Your wife came here illegally and was still able to get citizenship?