Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Captain Risky

Mexico border wall: Trump defends emergency

694 posts in this topic

DieChecker
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Sounds like the CBP needs more border patrol agents, more judges, more housing, heck more everything.  Pity we can't send money that way for fear Trump will divert it to his vanity wall.

Talk radio was saying that the CBP plans to release a large number of them into places like El Paso, Yuma, and San Diego.

Time for the FEMA camps?

acidhead

This is crazy

• Haha 2

acidhead

DieChecker
6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I think that was last fiscal year. Federal budgets renew in October I believe.

Still seemed pretty funny to me...

DieChecker
5 hours ago, acidhead said:

This is crazy

Why are they running? It's not like they're going to be made into fog food. They'll still likely get to claim asylum, or whatever, and be released back into the general population.

Probably they believe the stories that ICE and the police want to kill them all. After all, this country is run by "racists" right?

Setton
11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Probably they believe the stories that ICE and the police want to kill them all. After all, this country is run by "racists" right?

Probably because their experience is with corrupt countries where that is the case. 

• Like 1

travelnjones

Says the chicken to the pig

• Haha 1

RoofGardener
11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Why are they running? It's not like they're going to be made into fog food. They'll still likely get to claim asylum, or whatever, and be released back into the general population.

Probably they hoped to run to a Democrat controlled county, where they would get Amnesty and protection from prosecution ? 

• Haha 2

Gromdor
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Probably they hoped to run to a Democrat controlled county, where they would get Amnesty and protection from prosecution ? 

Ah, they succeeded then.  Sheriff Urbino “Benny” Martinez of Brooks County TX is a Democrat. 

Edit to add.  Not that he had competition.  Brooks County is a Democrat County since 1911: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_County,_Texas

While the state of Texas has become a stronghold of the Republican Party in the 21st century, Brooks County rests in the oldest extant Democratic stronghold in the state. It has never voted for a Republican presidential candidate since its creation in 1911.

No Republican has received more than 35% of the vote in the county since Richard Nixon in his 1972 landslide, and no Democrat since George McGovern that same year has received less than 65%. McGovern is one of only two Democrats, the other being Adlai Stevenson in 1956, to have received less than 60% of the vote in Brooks County since it first participated in presidential elections in 1912.

The only instance of Brooks County having ever cast its votes for a Republican was in 2010, when Comptroller Susan Combs won it during her reelection, as no Democrat filed to run.

Edited by Gromdor

RoofGardener
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Ah, they succeeded then.  Sheriff Urbino “Benny” Martinez of Brooks County TX is a Democrat. 

Edit to add.  Not that he had competition.  Brooks County is a Democrat County since 1911: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_County,_Texas

While the state of Texas has become a stronghold of the Republican Party in the 21st century, Brooks County rests in the oldest extant Democratic stronghold in the state. It has never voted for a Republican presidential candidate since its creation in 1911.

No Republican has received more than 35% of the vote in the county since Richard Nixon in his 1972 landslide, and no Democrat since George McGovern that same year has received less than 65%. McGovern is one of only two Democrats, the other being Adlai Stevenson in 1956, to have received less than 60% of the vote in Brooks County since it first participated in presidential elections in 1912.

The only instance of Brooks County having ever cast its votes for a Republican was in 2010, when Comptroller Susan Combs won it during her reelection, as no Democrat filed to run.

Well then, there you go ! They spawned out of the truck hoping to find the County office ! :D 

Edited by RoofGardener

acidhead

Earl.Of.Trumps
On 3/28/2019 at 3:54 PM, Gromdor said:

and no Democrat since George McGovern that same year has received less than 65%. McGovern is one of only two Democrats, the other being Adlai Stevenson in 1956, to have received less than 60% of the vote in Brooks County since it first partic

Yes, Grom and all. And would you like to know why the democrat George McGovern did so relatively poorly that year? 

It's the same reason why McGovern only took ONE state in that entire election against Nixon, and it is NOT because of Nixon. It's because of a man who ran for president and split the democrat vote. He was a wonderful life long Democrat,, from Alabama actually.  Ya.. He had a favorite saying of his own back then, I'll share it with you:   " Segregation now, Segregation forever".  Seemed to have had disputes with school buses loaded up with darkies being driven to the white schools in Selma, too.  Ya. But he's a fighter!

Yup, Democrat George Wallace whooped McGovern's ass everywhere in the country. He was such a wonderful Democrat  and the Dems couldn't get .enough of him.

Hi Grom  <grin>.  How are ya. 

Gromdor
28 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yes, Grom and all. And would you like to know why the democrat George McGovern did so relatively poorly that year? 

It's the same reason why McGovern only took ONE state in that entire election against Nixon, and it is NOT because of Nixon. It's because of a man who ran for president and split the democrat vote. He was a wonderful life long Democrat,, from Alabama actually.  Ya.. He had a favorite saying of his own back then, I'll share it with you:   " Segregation now, Segregation forever".  Seemed to have had disputes with school buses loaded up with darkies being driven to the white schools in Selma, too.  Ya. But he's a fighter!

Yup, Democrat George Wallace whooped McGovern's ass everywhere in the country. He was such a wonderful Democrat  and the Dems couldn't get .enough of him.

Hi Grom  <grin>.  How are ya. 

So, Dem's couldn't get enough of him is why he did so poorly?  I would have to say Dems and the rest of America rejecting him is why he did poorly.  

Earl.Of.Trumps

So, Dem's couldn't get enough of him is why he did so poorly?  I would have to say Dems and the rest of America rejecting him is why he did poorly.  

Let's put it this way... he sucked LOL - but,,  he was the best democrats had.  I think he took seven states in that election. 

McGovern took one. Just ONE!  Now, a little trivia for ya.. what was the ONE state that McGovern took in that election?  

After the election, people in that state got bumper stickers that read - " DON'T BLAME ME. I'M FROM **STATE**"  

Gromdor
10 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Let's put it this way... he sucked LOL - but,,  he was the best democrats had.  I think he took seven states in that election. 

McGovern took one. Just ONE!  Now, a little trivia for ya.. what was the ONE state that McGovern took in that election?  

After the election, people in that state got bumper stickers that read - " DON'T BLAME ME. I'M FROM **STATE**"  

What!?  The only state he took is my dearly beloved state?  I don't believe it.  Just because my state rep- Steve King (R) has a confederate flag and regularly makes racist comments doesn't mean the guys that repeatedly voted him in hold those beliefs!  Iowa voted for Trump even!  That should prove that we don't have biased people, right?  <sarcasm>

Eldorado

Some releated news...

"Military funds being used for border wall in Arizona, New Mexico."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/04/24/military-funds-being-used-for-border-wall-in-arizona-new-mexico/

Further info...

"...the Pentagon’s list of construction projects that could be cut to fund a border wall."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/03/18/border-wall-milcon-cuts-list-is-in-is-your-base-on-it/

• Like 1

aztek

that wall is getting build no matter what liberals try

• Haha 1

Eldorado
7 minutes ago, aztek said:

that wall is getting build no matter what liberals try

And Mexico will pay for it!  lol

• Haha 1

aztek
3 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

And Mexico will pay for it!  lol

they already do. indirect cost will be huge

• Haha 1

ExpandMyMind
On 4/11/2019 at 4:40 AM, Gromdor said:

What!?  The only state he took is my dearly beloved state?  I don't believe it.  Just because my state rep- Steve King (R) has a confederate flag and regularly makes racist comments doesn't mean the guys that repeatedly voted him in hold those beliefs!  Iowa voted for Trump even!  That should prove that we don't have biased people, right?  <sarcasm>

Wow. You live in King's state. RIP.

Gromdor
20 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Wow. You live in King's state. RIP.

Yup, in his district. He is my representative.  My city got gerrymandered in a while back due to Iowa's declining population.  Career politician, authored no worth while law, and kicked from every committee.  

ExpandMyMind

Yup, in his district. He is my representative.  My city got gerrymandered in a while back due to Iowa's declining population.  Career politician, authored no worth while law, and kicked from every committee.  

I've been reading about him over the past year. He's probably the worst elected person in your country, fighting for the spot with that Republican that the Guardian recently revealed was inciting violence against 'ANTIFA'. 

Myles

Somewhat related.

Massachusetts judge and court officer accused of helping an illegal immigrant flee an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent waiting to take him into custody were indicted Thursday by a federal grand jury for obstruction of justice and three other counts, officials said.

Newton District Court Judge Shelley M. Richmond Joseph and the court officer, identified in court documents as Wesley MacGregor, face several charges stemming from an April 2, 2018 incident in which the pair allegedly helped Jose Medina-Perez get out of the courthouse via a back door in order to elude the ICE agent who sought Medina-Perez.

“This case is about the rule of law. The allegations in today’s indictment involve obstruction by a sitting judge, that is intentional interference with the enforcement of federal law, and that is a crime," U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts Andrew Lelling said Thursday.  Joseph and MacGregor were both charged with obstruction of justice, aiding and abetting; obstruction of a federal proceeding, aiding and abetting and conspiracy to obstruct justice, Lelling said. MacGregor was also charged with perjury before a federal grand jury.

"As public servants, all of the officers in the court make a promise — a promise to serve the people’s interest above all else. Today we know this promise has been broken,” said Peter Fitzhugh, special agent in charge of the Homeland Security Investigations in Boston, who led the investigation.

Medina-Perez, a twice-deported illegal immigrant with a fugitive warrant for drunken driving in Pennsylvania, had been in Joseph's courtroom in order to be arraigned on drug charges, the Boston Globe previously reported.

Medina-Perez was the subject of an ICE detainer -- a written request to hold an individual wanted for deportation for up to 48 hours -- and an ICE agent was waiting in the lobby of the courthouse to detain Medina-Perez after the arraignment, officials said. But during the hearing, Joseph asked Medina-Perez’s attorney “ICE is going to get him?,” according to courtroom recordings obtained by the Boston Globe in December and released in court documents Thursday.

Medina-Perez's lawyer was also heard telling Joseph “ICE will pick him up if he walks out the front door. But I think the best thing for us to do is clear the fugitive issue and release him on a personal, and hope that he can avoid ICE...That's the best I can do.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/massachusetts-judge-who-helped-illegal-immigrant-escape-ice-arrest-indicted-federal-authorities-say

• Like 1

DieChecker
38 minutes ago, Myles said:

Somewhat related.

Massachusetts judge and court officer accused of helping an illegal immigrant flee an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent waiting to take him into custody were indicted Thursday by a federal grand jury for obstruction of justice and three other counts, officials said.

Newton District Court Judge Shelley M. Richmond Joseph and the court officer, identified in court documents as Wesley MacGregor, face several charges stemming from an April 2, 2018 incident in which the pair allegedly helped Jose Medina-Perez get out of the courthouse via a back door in order to elude the ICE agent who sought Medina-Perez.

“This case is about the rule of law. The allegations in today’s indictment involve obstruction by a sitting judge, that is intentional interference with the enforcement of federal law, and that is a crime," U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts Andrew Lelling said Thursday.  Joseph and MacGregor were both charged with obstruction of justice, aiding and abetting; obstruction of a federal proceeding, aiding and abetting and conspiracy to obstruct justice, Lelling said. MacGregor was also charged with perjury before a federal grand jury.

"As public servants, all of the officers in the court make a promise — a promise to serve the people’s interest above all else. Today we know this promise has been broken,” said Peter Fitzhugh, special agent in charge of the Homeland Security Investigations in Boston, who led the investigation.

Medina-Perez, a twice-deported illegal immigrant with a fugitive warrant for drunken driving in Pennsylvania, had been in Joseph's courtroom in order to be arraigned on drug charges, the Boston Globe previously reported.

Medina-Perez was the subject of an ICE detainer -- a written request to hold an individual wanted for deportation for up to 48 hours -- and an ICE agent was waiting in the lobby of the courthouse to detain Medina-Perez after the arraignment, officials said. But during the hearing, Joseph asked Medina-Perez’s attorney “ICE is going to get him?,” according to courtroom recordings obtained by the Boston Globe in December and released in court documents Thursday.

Medina-Perez's lawyer was also heard telling Joseph “ICE will pick him up if he walks out the front door. But I think the best thing for us to do is clear the fugitive issue and release him on a personal, and hope that he can avoid ICE...That's the best I can do.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/massachusetts-judge-who-helped-illegal-immigrant-escape-ice-arrest-indicted-federal-authorities-say

Quite a precident if they are found guilty. Possibly opening a door to indictment of mayors of sanctuary cities for obstructing justice.

• Like 1