Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange music playing out of nowhere

iDa_

I just signed up to this website so I'm new hello. I wanted to tell you guys about this thing that started to happen maybe almost 8 months ago, it was summer and i was alone at home, I was just about to go to bed when I heard this strange music play.

:huh:

• Like 1

Hi iDa_ .... welcome to UM :st

Could you narrow down the area where the music was coming from? What sort of music was it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you were in bed and starting to fall asleep then it could have been a hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucination. 

• Like 4

it could have been a paracusia an auditory hallucination. I have also heard sounds in my parents house that seemed to be coming from a radio somewhere only there was no radio.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 2

If it was in proximity to a street it could have been a loud car radio. If the wind is right, it can carry the sound 100-200 yards.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Impedancer said:

it could have been a paracusia an auditory hallucination. I have also heard sounds in my parents house that seemed to be coming from a radio somewhere only there was no radio.

I like this one and on hot summer nights I can lay out under the ceiling fan and hear all kinds of tunes from it's faint buzzing. Even when you know what it is it still is entertaining.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Were there any appliances on at the time?  Sometimes, washers and dryers have a rhythm in completing their tasks, pretty catchy too at times.  :)

It's that pesky Mexican Mariachi band playing agan ;-)

Yet another 'hit and run' poster! :rolleyes: sheesh!

• Like 1

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 4:23 PM, Impedancer said:

Had that happen in an abandoned hotel, no electricity was in the building and we couldn't find any radios or even really pinpoint where the music was coming from.  We searched the entire room where it seemed to be coming from the loudest to no avail.  This was back in the early to mid nineties and there were at least one, maybe two others that were with me at the time.

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:07 PM, iDa_ said:

I just signed up to this website so I'm new hello. I wanted to tell you guys about this thing that started to happen maybe almost 8 months ago, it was summer and i was alone at home, I was just about to go to bed when I heard this strange music play.

:huh:

So.

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:07 PM, iDa_ said:

I was just about to go to bed when I heard this strange music play.

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 5:02 AM, SecretSanta said:

If you were in bed and starting to fall asleep then it could have been a hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucination. 

?

I just was thinking my guitar amp (crappy one) used to get radio occasionally.  Do you have anything like a baby monitor in your room

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, openozy said:

?

What?

They could have already been in bed, laying down. But since they haven’t been back I guess we’ll never get any more info. 

29 minutes ago, openozy said:

I was just about to go to bed when I heard this strange music play.

3 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

What?

They could have already been in bed, laying down. But since they haven’t been back I guess we’ll never get any more info. 

6 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

What?

Do you even read the OP's story or are you just on auto pilot.

1 minute ago, openozy said:

Do you even read the OP's story or are you just on auto pilot.

Yes, of course I read it. Going to bed could mean literally going into bed or turning over and going to sleep. 

But like I said, the OP hasn’t been back so well never know.

Well, i have this phenomenon happen, oddly both in my beloved hovel i was in 46 years and this new old joint we are now in,

While this might mean zero i was in the music , band nightclub biz and have some hearing loss from that, my wife hears good, but just cant ever make out the song,

Its faint, music, never can find the source and its not like a ghetto car driving by jamming out,

I havent looked into it much but im thinking it might be like an old crystal radio or something playing it the coils of an appliance, my wife who has a PhD in related fields wanted to track it down she feels its something prosiac but unusual.

Sounds are brain signals, as well as colors, lights, smells and so on.

The source of sounds is our own brain.

Brain signals, like sounds, can be generated without any external physical source.

• Like 1