Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A "new Holocaust" is planned, says Mike Pence

Eldorado

On 09/04/2019 at 1:23 PM, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Will Iran start here : List of Synagogues in Iran:D

Iranian officials always made it clear, we have problem with Zionist regime not with Jewish people and so far they haven't done even one thing to prove otherwise or to prove that they are liars.

Do you know where the largest population of Iranian Jews is in the Middle East ? 

Israel. 

There are only about 9000 jews left in Iran. 

There are more Iranian Jews in Beverly Hills (around 30,000) than there are in Iran. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2019 at 7:30 AM, Vlad the Mighty said:

This is an object lesson in how belligerent, bloodthirsty maniacs of this kind can come to positions of importance in what were once civilized nations.  

I mean Mike Pence, of course. 

Yet, he represents millions of Americans and Israelis who sincerely believe the same thing.  Remember, Vlad, in the age of "social media", reality has plasticity.  Gone are days when facts and evidence were necessary to convince people of anything.  Today we need but say it often enough and loud enough and voila', it's REAL.  

I've grown to respect the opinions of people like yourself who firmly believe that nations like Iran and Russia are no threat to the west.  I'll never agree with that, but I can respect the difference in mindset.  For the sake of fairness, I'd hope you'd agree that the rhetoric coming out of Tehran is a little shrill?  In any given week we hear from government officials or military types about how the Zionist entity is going to be erased- or some other lovely, vigorous adjective - so why is it so strange to imagine that someone could take them seriously?  

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2019 at 1:54 PM, Tatetopa said:

Maybe the president has made America so great and respected again that people were sitting in awe and speechless at his munificent greeting.

Maybe ;) I was rather more reminded of the silence from a bunch of Boots when a Drill Instructor enters a space :w00t:  Of COURSE they hate Trump.  He is a threat to everything they've been building for decades.  FWIW, I don't give a rat's ass what the international community thinks of my country today.  With precious few exceptions, they'd cheerfully gut us and watch us bleed out if it benefitted them.  Call me crazy, but I don't lose sleep over the opinions of people that despise me.  

59 minutes ago, and then said:

Maybe ;) I was rather more reminded of the silence from a bunch of Boots when a Drill Instructor enters a space :w00t:  Of COURSE they hate Trump.  He is a threat to everything they've been building for decades.  FWIW, I don't give a rat's ass what the international community thinks of my country today.  With precious few exceptions, they'd cheerfully gut us and watch us bleed out if it benefitted them.  Call me crazy, but I don't lose sleep over the opinions of people that despise me.  

Most countries want a strong America. Its just that we'd quite like it to be sane as well. 

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Do you know where the largest population of Iranian Jews is in the Middle East ? 

Israel. 

There are more Iranian Jews in Beverly Hills (around 30,000) than there are in Iran. 

i was gonna ask if anyone here knows anyone in Iran, to confirm those addresses are actual active synagogues, not a burned out, destroyed, abandoned building\sites  where synagogues were decades ago.   it doe snot sound realistic to me that Islam regime would leave so many operational. maybe they were there pre 1979 revolution. 

Edited by aztek

6 hours ago, and then said:

....  who firmly believe that nations like Iran and Russia are no threat to the west.  I'll never agree with that, but I can respect the difference in mindset. 

Well, of course they can be a threat but I never understood why the US didn't lay off  of Russia after communism failed the USSR.  Conservs and libs are all the same.  It's "screw the ruskies", and they get no break.

Iran is nasty towards us, understood. But why does Russia have us watching them like a hawk?  What do we expect them to do, invade France?

Crimminy

On 2/17/2019 at 8:52 AM, RoofGardener said:

Yeah.. right. 

Mike Pence is telling the literal truth. But don't take my word for it.. just read ANY statement from the Ayatollah's or the head of the Islamic Republican Guard Corps.

Well maybe the Ayatollah took a correspondence course in "The Art of the Deal".  This was  just his opening position. Or do you need to take every comment from a head of state as gospel truth?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well maybe the Ayatollah took a correspondence course in "The Art of the Deal".  This was  just his opening position. Or do you need to take every comment from a head of state as gospel truth?

Well, repeated statements, by successive heads of the Iranian state, DO  tend to leave a cumulative impression :P 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, repeated statements, by successive heads of the Iranian state, DO  tend to leave a cumulative impression :P 

You bet they do.  Being unpredictable and crazy seems to be a good negotiating strategy.  Of course it might be hard to tell.  One might just be crazy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

You bet they do.  Being unpredictable and crazy seems to be a good negotiating strategy.  Of course it might be hard to tell.  One might just be crazy.

Yeeeeees.... ummm.. good negotiating strategy ? Because Iran DOES have such EXCELLENT relations with major world powers ? 

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeeeeees.... ummm.. good negotiating strategy ? Because Iran DOES have such EXCELLENT relations with major world powers ? 

Relations?   Consider pariah North Korea,  Sanctions, expulsion from the larger community of nations, but nuclear capability and a hard ball leader.  Little Rocket Man.   Two summits with President Trump.  It takes a long time to build trust and friendly relationships.  Being crazy or belligerent gets you noticed quickly.  You may or may not get what you want, but you don't get ignored.

On 4/10/2019 at 3:13 PM, RoofGardener said:

Israel. 

Of course, they had chance and Iran wasn't really great place to be living in (constant foreign interventions in politics, abusive and corrupt Shah) so most of them chose right.

Yeah, something below 9000 by official sources, but it's not about the number, it's about how they live. Is 9000 small number of people? Small enough to ignore their life and fate? Small enough for us to simply forget them? There is no ''only'' when it's about people. Civilization has outgrown such BS, i hope at least.

As i mentioned already, there are reasons. Shah was on good terms with US and west (alto despots generally have good relation$hip$ with everyone, look Brunei for example and who comes to dinner there) and many people were traveling and USA truly was tempting not only for Iranians.

Why are 30000 Iranian Jews in USA instead of Israel? Think about that. Many of them (if not all) are against Zionists and Israel so they basically share the same values as Iran :D

On 4/10/2019 at 9:03 PM, aztek said:

i was gonna ask if anyone here knows anyone in Iran, to confirm those addresses are actual active synagogues, not a burned out, destroyed, abandoned building\sites  where synagogues were decades ago.   it doe snot sound realistic to me that Islam regime would leave so many operational. maybe they were there pre 1979 revolution. 

Iran is open country (i can't wait for chance to visit) and many Americans were in Iran, you have full youtube of personal experiences so you can find about it easily.

20 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

One could go through every official statement made by Ayatollah which considers US or Israel. Thanks twitter :D But neither politicians nor MSM would talk about, for example, Ayatollah message to western youth.

It doesn't fit the narrative.

28 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Why are 30000 Iranian Jews in USA instead of Israel? Think about that. Many of them (if not all) are against Zionists and Israel so they basically share the same values as Iran :D

or maybe the reason is the same why so much more soviet Jews came to USA instead of Israel, and it has nothing to do with Zionism.

Edited by aztek

25 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Iran is open country (i can't wait for chance to visit) and many Americans were in Iran, you have full youtube of personal experiences so you can find about it easily.

i have, and it seems people are much much friendlier than i see in new york, and country looks beautiful, unfortunately the only passport i have is an american one, not a good idea to come to Iran with us passport. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 3:08 PM, STAR LORD said:

What I find odd is that Syria and Iran have formed a lose alliance and Trump is pulling troops out of Syria. An old saying goes. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. 

Something smells fishy and who backs Iran, Russia.  So why is Trump pulling troops?

The US has plenty of Aircraft within striking distance of Iran, why would you want your troops bogged down in a civil war that Assad has clearly won.

9 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Of course, they had chance and Iran wasn't really great place to be living in (constant foreign interventions in politics, abusive and corrupt Shah) so most of them chose right.

Yeah, something below 9000 by official sources, but it's not about the number, it's about how they live. Is 9000 small number of people? Small enough to ignore their life and fate? Small enough for us to simply forget them? There is no ''only'' when it's about people. Civilization has outgrown such BS, i hope at least.

As i mentioned already, there are reasons. Shah was on good terms with US and west (alto despots generally have good relation$hip$ with everyone, look Brunei for example and who comes to dinner there) and many people were traveling and USA truly was tempting not only for Iranians.

Most of the Iranian jews emmigrated (fled) after the revolution ! 

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2019 at 9:09 PM, DodgyDaoist said:

The USSR is no longer, China is a no go, Saddam is gone, Ghadaffi is gone, Assad is no longer relevant, Kim has walled himself in, there are no more boogeymen left - thats not good, we need a new one.

there are ALWAYS boogeymen to be had. you see you need a bad guy in order to show the world that you're a good guy. the bad guy needs to be beatable otherwise there is no purpose fighting a bad guy that will beat you or won't let you win. 

On 4/12/2019 at 7:06 AM, aztek said:

i have, and it seems people are much much friendlier than i see in new york, and country looks beautiful, unfortunately the only passport i have is an american one, not a good idea to come to Iran with us passport. 

ridiculous aztec... no need for a visa just rock-up to a border post and flash your passport. I'm sure they treat you well...

On 2/18/2019 at 5:09 AM, DodgyDaoist said:

The USSR is no longer, China is a no go, Saddam is gone, Ghadaffi is gone, Assad is no longer relevant, Kim has walled himself in, there are no more boogeymen left - that's not good, we need a new one.

So we have no need to worry about the thousands of nukes that Russia still has?  And China's massive defense spending is no big deal? Just curious, can you even imagine something that you'd consider a real threat?  That's a serious question, BTW.  I'm really curious.  

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

there are ALWAYS boogeymen to be had. you see you need a bad guy in order to show the world that you're a good guy. the bad guy needs to be beatable otherwise there is no purpose fighting a bad guy that will beat you or won't let you win. 

So your opinion is that humans have somehow reformed and wars are no longer possible by "bad people"?  Because that is the most logical take from your view.  

On 4/11/2019 at 4:21 PM, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

The US has plenty of Aircraft within striking distance of Iran, why would you want your troops bogged down in a civil war that Assad has clearly won.

I agree that we don't need to keep so many stationed in the area but those who do stay act like the same kind of "tripwire" as the troops in South Korea.  There aren't nearly enough to credibly defend the country but the enemies of SK know that attacking them would yield a really poor outcome.  IMO the situation in Syria is FAR from over.  Yes, Assad, Putin, and Khamenei have crushed the enemies of Syria.  But the cost to Syria was to become a puppet state for Iran and Russia.  The presence of IRGC and their 40K Shia militia indicate the Iranian plans to consolidate a new front against Israel.  They openly call for the destruction and removal of the "Zionist Entity" and are quickly attempting to create another Hizballah-type force in the north.  Netanyahu has made it clear that this is a bridge too far and Israel will spend its youngest and finest to stop what would become a potentially existential threat.  BTW, I really doubt that Israel will make the first move against Iranian forces inside Iran.  However, if the Mullahs decided to throw the dice and use their proxies to begin launching thousands of missiles into Israel, all bets will be off.  I suspect the IDF would respond to that with a level of destruction in southern Lebanon and the Golan area that will amaze the world.  

1 hour ago, and then said:

So your opinion is that humans have somehow reformed and wars are no longer possible by "bad people"?  Because that is the most logical take from your view.  

reformed? no i don't think so. honestly, and i could be wrong, but if a country has nuclear weapons then how can they lose? they might win or draw but as long as they have and are prepared to use then the concept of M.A.D will make war between nuclear powers obsolete. BUT that doesn't stop a country like the U.S. from going to war with another non-nuclear power. we've seen it before. i can get to your country but you can't get to mine so war with me is pointless since i will win so do as i say. Iraq, Syria, Libya and so forth. its this type of impunity that makes looking for a bad guy to beat up on important. and thats what it really is. The stronger fighting the weaker allies of their real enemies. enemies that M.A.D has made fighting obsolete. 

Edited by Captain Risky

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

reformed? no i don't think so. honestly, and i could be wrong, but if a country has nuclear weapons then how can they lose? they might win or draw but as long as they have and are prepared to use then the concept of M.A.D will make war between nuclear powers obsolete. BUT that doesn't stop a country like the U.S. from going to war with another non-nuclear power. we've seen it before. i can get to your country but you can't get to mine so war with me is pointless since i will win. Iraq, Syria, Libya and so forth. its this type of impunity that makes looking for a bad guy to beat up on important. and thats what it really is. The stronger fighting the weaker allies of their real enemies. enemies that M.A.D has made fighting obsolete. 

You implied in your answer in post #43 that all "bad guys" were "made up" to keep people in fear.  Dude, it was a ridiculous statement by you and Dodgy Daoist.

13 minutes ago, and then said:

You implied in your answer in post #43 that all "bad guys" were "made up" to keep people in fear.  Dude, it was a ridiculous statement by you and Dodgy Daoist.

by and large, yes. but the bad guy needs to be beatable. can't have nuclear weapons. and made useless for the real enemies like Russia and china. destroy "bad guy's" before they get nuclear weapons. just like whats going on in Iran. i know you're pro Israel (and i am to a certain extent) but there will be many wars fought in the Middle East to stop weapons of mass destruction inundating the region. its easier to sell a war if there's a bad guy. and there are a chit load of potential bad guys lined up already. 

Edited by Captain Risky