Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scene from a film, I think....

itsnotoutthere

Ok, weird one I know, but I have this image stuck in my head and I can't remember what film it is from.

This is going to be a real challenge, as there is very little to go on. Sci-fi film I think. Here goes.

The image is of one of the characters in the film having to put his arm into a container (could be toilet) containing blue liquid to retrieve something, and in the following scenes in the film his arm is stained blue.  ......and that's all you've got to go on.

Any takers?

Only one movie comes to my mind but i can't remember it's name, trying to find some info but i am having problems. 

There was this toilet scene in which one guy (one of main actors) got into fight and almost by accident one of the opponents fell down, hit his head and it fall off. After further inspection with his buddies they realize how body was full of blue stuff so not real humans and then they like realize how people have been changed and they found them selves in the middle of it, surrounded by blue inside things. Must be some low budget crap which i find attractive and i watched them all :D 

Does this toilet scene i described reminds you of it?

And one more thing, is that blue affected guy central part of the story in a way that he gets like infected and try to survive? Or that blue stuff on his hand might be just his interaction with what i described above?

I assumed it was some new movie like from year 2010. I really watched so many of those movies and this is all i can think of right now.

No....sorry....can’t pull it.  But unfortunately I’m reminded of the bathroom scene from Scarface.

A sci fi film featuring a chemical toilet?  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

The image is of one of the characters in the film having to put his arm into a container (could be toilet) containing blue liquid to retrieve something, and in the following scenes in the film his arm is stained blue.  ......and that's all you've got to go on.

Did you try searching Youtube using key words? 

ROFL.. I tried googling it. 

Guess what came up at the top of the results list ? 

This thread :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

ROFL.. I tried googling it. 

Guess what came up at the top of the results list ? 

This thread :D 

Probably because I spent the last 30 minutes searching for variables of movie blue arm/hand sci fi etc...

6 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Abyss :

tumblr_inline_nbxg22R2Au1seskow.gif

Excellent,

That didn't take long. You're a goddam genius.

It just popped into my head as a 5 second sequence, driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Only one movie comes to my mind but i can't remember it's name, trying to find some info but i am having problems. 

There was this toilet scene in which one guy (one of main actors) got into fight and almost by accident one of the opponents fell down, hit his head and it fall off. After further inspection with his buddies they realize how body was full of blue stuff so not real humans and then they like realize how people have been changed and they found them selves in the middle of it, surrounded by blue inside things. Must be some low budget crap which i find attractive and i watched them all :D

The one you were thinking of is The World's End with Simon Pegg.

• Thanks 1

Onlooker beat me to it - immediately I knew it was the Abyss - one of my favorite films (although the theatrical cut was screwed up - the extended version is the one!!)

Best line:

"Probably shouldn't have married her then, huh?"

One of my favs too, only the extended cut,  ive seen it so many times with my detailed mind i bet i know all the lines by heart, and bloopers too...if aliens come here or are here those would be the ones i hope for, my luck aliens will be a cross between mars attacks and war of the worlds....well, i guess both did die easily.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, the13bats said:

if aliens come here or are here those would be the ones i hope for

Yep, I just loved the seawater alien / probe and the final message.... 

As a pretty keen skin/scuba diver, I also loved the underwater sequences / drama - that 'death' and the use of the oxygenated liquid - geez, that stuff really preyed on my fear of drowning.  After the film, I looked up that topic and discovered that poor rat actually did breathe the fluid... obviously they didn't use it on the actors (and technically, it doesn't solve all the problems with deep diving, so it's not really practical anyway..).

Anyway, I digress...

Added PS - I believe the rat scene was removed from the UK version.  It was a somewhat inhumane thing to do...

Edited by ChrLzs

This is one of those things a person has to pick and choose what is fact and what is at least not really exactly the way it was,

When the film came out it was a flop, my belief was it was too long but the theatrical ending didnt leave you uplifted and perhaps with tear or two but it left you saying huh? They should have left it longer and meaningful.

The rat scene caused a lot of flack, a rat used in the film died not too long afterward and some insisted or embelished that they killed rats to make a movie, if you dig you can find in early articles they ( i have zero clue the credibility of sources )  denied using breathing fluid  but rather held a poor rat under colored water cutting short of it drowning, this is bs and i was pleased they later admitted it was real ( colored )  breathing fluid but the rat got so freaked out it kept filling the tank with poo, so we see the choppy version but it clearly shows the rat beathing the fluid, and they had drs treat the rat as the fluid clears the lungs of protective mucus, and yeah it was cruel and could have been done without trama to a rat.

Harris contrary to some stories didn't say he would never talk about the abyss, he as others are in the making of film

Harris, biehn  and Mastrantonio all basically had breakdowns over nearly dying on set. Harris went as far as punching cameron in the face and quitting, but my take from harris in hindsite hes happy he did it like a conquest  and to me its his best work.

The abyss is a timeless film with a wonderful lesson and a shame that it didnt get the recognition it deserves.

Edited by the13bats
stupid typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, the13bats said:

so we see the choppy version but it clearly shows the rat breathing the fluid, and they had drs treat the rat as the fluid clears the lungs of protective mucus, and yeah it was cruel and could have been done without trauma to a rat.

As an aside, I believe at least one brave scientist has voluntarily used the breathing fluid and apparently nearly died..  Although it's not clear if it was from a heart attack / freaking out (that would be me..) or from effects from the liquid.  It has also been used as a medical treatment for newborns on a couple of occasions, with success - but of course newborns have just come from a liquid environment...

After I first watched the film, I dug up all that information that you relate above, and then rewatched it - if anything it made even more compelling to know that the fear you see in the actors eyes is very real...

You mean the rat actors breathing the stuff..yeah and i believe it did kill the poor rat who died soon after....