Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Writing Prompts

GoodReality

Anybody have any ideas for some short stories or something you'd want another to write about? 

We could have our own "workshop" type thread and benefit from any critiques/praise. I don't know how many writers frequent this forum, but the forum already has some good topics to explore literary-wise. 

I have many stories, but I lack the disciplin to write them. Do you aspire to be a ghostwriter?

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I have many stories, but I lack the disciplin to write them. Do you aspire to be a ghostwriter?

I would be up for ghostwriting, but in general, I aspire to explore my own creativity through writing. That's not to say I wouldn't have the opportunity to do that while ghostwriting. I mostly write fictional stories, but creative non-fiction highly interests me. I am by no means a professional. However, I'd be happy to talk more with you about your stories

Edited by GoodReality

1 minute ago, GoodReality said:

I would be up to for ghostwriting, but in general, I aspire to explore my own creativity through writing. That's not to say I wouldn't have the opportunity to do that while ghostwriting. I mostly write fictional stories, but creative non-fiction highly interests me. I am by no means a professional. However, I'd be happy to talk more with you about your stories

I'll PM you next week, Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

I have stories as well....but if I told you, then I'd have to....

• Like 2

Along the paths end, beside a lost gem, the leman left his heart where she began to run.

No longer sensing the jewel of his senses, he thus lost them all.

Blind to sight and source, inner vision suffered worst. Deaf not mute the touch of skin to any surface or sensation,  was also unable to allow any sensible perambulation. 

This is what we call falling in love and losing reality's navigation. From shore to heights across seas and soils. We will become one with the land the lost...found friends, fae smile, "oh you were the one chasing me."

"Follow."

"Led into gold."

Edited by Clarakore
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

I am always intrigued by unexplained disappearances (of people), and ghost stories. 

Might as well combine the two. I'll give it a go when I get some more time 

35 minutes ago, GoodReality said:

Golden roads of heaven are symbol that we are all together at once...unity sans division. So that is love symbolized by gold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

I look forward to that!  

I never like rehashing the past because my life needs to move forward in some type of functional manner. Nobody believed me, not even those that I thought I held closest. I just know that I’m not the only one. Someone else will need to see this when it happens and everyone casts them out to drown in their own distress.

Florida is a different beast than the rest. If you’ve ever set foot in the great sunny state, you know what I’m referring to. There’s something in the air that gives you a sense of vibrant invincibility for better or worse. Every vacationer wants to explore the beaches and take in everything that the coast has to offer without heading the signs. The sun should not be that intoxicating. The waves should not put you in a trance of bliss. The animals that lurk the bush should not be so inviting with their whimsical movements.

My friend Peter, an amateur botanist, and I wanted to take in the views of something brighter than our normal lives in Minnesota. I love to travel the states when my work allows and Peter had recommended the panhandle.

“Where in Florida though?” I asked because my geographical knowledge of the state was bit sub-par.

“I’d be up for the Miami or maybe the Keys. Wait, what about the Everglades? That place would make for some great pictures for my blog.”

“Really? You’re going to base our vacation time off some views for your blog?”

“It’s not just that. The Everglades would be something we’d get to tell everyone about. What place in the world is even like it?”

With that, we planned to travel in July for a week of time that we had both saved up for.

Here's a rough intro to it. To give some hints, I'm thinking of tackling the phenomenon of the state park disappearances. Any recommendations/critiques? 

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2019 at 11:17 PM, Goddess of the Mist said:

@GoodReality I am fascinated with the state park disappearances phenomenon.  Actually, I'm not sure if "fascinated" is the right word ~ I find them completely eerie!  But wow, yes - that would be an excellent topic.  I liked the intro a lot.  The only part I got a little confused on was when you mentioned "panhandle" because I was thinking the panhandle of Florida (probably because that's where I live), but I realized you must have meant the entire state of Florida being the panhandle of the U.S.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Non-Floridians would probably not notice this.  Anyway, I say - run with it! :)

Ah yeah, that's a mess up. I meant the US, but it's still not right because the rest of the state is a peninsula I believe. Thanks! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I woke up from a dream a few days ago, and though "Wow, that's a great story!". But I fell asleep again.
When I got up later, I remembered most of it, but it didn't seem as great anymore.

Well here goes nothing:

In the dream I had a keycard to a secret terminal. Once I accessed the terminal and used the keycard, I could write anything, hit enter, and it would become reality.
In my dream I was focused on my own needs and wishes, but when I think deeper about it, the keycard gave me omnipotens.
Now, that has potential!

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Thanks 1