Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

East Coast solar project generates fury

Michelle

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It was 0 vs 0.  Small claims court would not have solved the root problem and the judge can't rule for damages in excess of the small claims.  And to to be blunt, the poor old people in these small Iowa towns live from one social security check to the next.  Even an $80 deviation is a horrible financial blow to them. 

lol,  so they would sue for 6500 and get that amount, next time they get flood, sue them again. or  have a contractor install a drainage and bill gas station, if they do not pay, small claims again, there are so many ways to go about it, and you telling me they could not do anything?? that i definitely do not buy. 

Just now, aztek said:

lol,  so they would sue for 6500 and get that amount, next time they get flood, sue them again. or  have a contractor install a drainage and bill gas station, if they do not pay, small claims again, there are so many ways to go about it, and you telling me they could not do anything?? that i definitely do not buy. 

You know, maybe that might work.  But the average poor person with no money and experience with the court system doesn't think like you.  And if they tried what you suggested and failed, they would be out of food or electricity.

Sadly, it happens just as I said more often than not.  You not believing it is a separate issue.  It's not really on me to try and show you how your beliefs diverge from reality, though.  I'm more interested in solving the root problem than trying to pop other's world view bubbles.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2019 at 12:15 AM, Gromdor said:

You know, solar panels can be placed on a raised surface.  There is no reason why they can't develop the land underneath and put the solar panels on top.   Of course, they would be more visible from a distance that way. 

It happens here and there.

https://www.nrel.gov/state-local-tribal/blog/posts/solar-sheep-and-voltaic-veggies-uniting-solar-power-and-agriculture.html

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 1