Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

The Disgusting Food Museum now open!

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

“There were a couple of foods that scored really highly in everything. One of the highest was definitely Casu Marzu, a cheese from Sardinia.You take a pecorino wheel and slice the top off, and hundreds of cheese flies will come and lay eggs on the cheese. The eggs hatch into larvae and they eat the cheese and poo it out. We then eat the larvae and the cheese that’s been through their digestive system.”

Full article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/features/gross-grub-behind-scenes-museum-devoted-worlds-disgusting-food/

A few more pics...

At the Museum: https://disgustingfoodmuseum.com/

Edited by Eldorado
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Impedancer

Thanks everytime i see that chokolate bar im going to picture this in my mind. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks

Just 24 vomits so far? They would have had twice that from me alone. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simbi Laveau
57 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

“There were a couple of foods that scored really highly in everything. One of the highest was definitely Casu Marzu, a cheese from Sardinia.You take a pecorino wheel and slice the top off, and hundreds of cheese flies will come and lay eggs on the cheese. The eggs hatch into larvae and they eat the cheese and poo it out. We then eat the larvae and the cheese that’s been through their digestive system.”

Full article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/features/gross-grub-behind-scenes-museum-devoted-worlds-disgusting-food/

A few more pics...

At the Museum: https://disgustingfoodmuseum.com/

Marzu cheese is so beloved. Italians are just so tacky in everything they do. They cannot help it. :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simbi Laveau

Gotta say, I've seen penis wine. You can buy it in Chinatown here. Ive had Chinese snake wine. Numerous times.

It's made with 9 venomous snakes.

mouse wine...uuugghhh

Edited by Simbi Laveau
.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1

Maggots are one of my favorite little critters. I race them all the time, much to the chagrin of responding officers. I would eat those little guys in a heartbeat. Adorable and crunchy.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simbi Laveau
1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Maggots are one of my favorite little critters. I race them all the time, much to the chagrin of responding officers. I would eat those little guys in a heartbeat. Adorable and crunchy.

*vomits*

Nope.. Maggots... Nope 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
7 minutes ago, Simbi Laveau said:

*vomits*

Nope.. Maggots... Nope 

They're so cute and squiggly and squishy. The puppies of the insect larva world.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simbi Laveau
2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

They're so cute and squiggly and squishy. The puppies of the insect larva world.

Nope.... Nnnooooppeee

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Impedancer

As a Swede im supposed to like Surströmming which is fermented herring but i dont, tried it once never again and if you want to try it be sure to open the can outside cause the thing stinks, it reeks like an old septic tank.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.