Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shamima Begum: ' IS poster girl'

itsnotoutthere

Shamima Begum - the schoolgirl who fled London to join the Islamic State group in Syria - has said she never wanted to be an IS "poster girl".

Ms Begum told the BBC she wants the UK's forgiveness, adding: "I actually do support some British values."

She said it was "wrong" innocent people died in the Manchester attack, but added: "It's a two-way thing... kind of retaliation" because IS was targeted.

Link :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47276572

Anybody got some good ideas what to do with her......I've got a few.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Sorry, I darent put into words on a public forum what I think should happen.  I cannot be in the slightest bit sympathetic.  She is not a victim.  She made choices.  She says at 15 she was able to make up her own mind.  She can’t now claim she was a silly 15 year old schoolgirl back then.  I certainly don’t want her back in Britain, nor any of those that went out to fight for IS whatever their colour or creed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

She sucks and blows. On the one hand she condemns certain actions; on the other she justifies them. The UK may have no choice but to allow her to return. If that's the case, she should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and be made an example of. I'm not at all convinced rehabilitation is possible in her case. I think life just got hard for her where she's at now, which is most likely the primary reason for her return. It most certainly isn't a change of ideology.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Shamima Begum - the schoolgirl who fled London to join the Islamic State group in Syria - has said she never wanted to be an IS "poster girl".

Ms Begum told the BBC she wants the UK's forgiveness, adding: "I actually do support some British values."

She said it was "wrong" innocent people died in the Manchester attack, but added: "It's a two-way thing... kind of retaliation" because IS was targeted.

Link :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47276572

Anybody got some good ideas what to do with her......I've got a few.

Bring back the death penalty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i think the concern should be for the welfare of her baby and ultimately her actions are the cause for that concern, i am not sure how a 15 year old got out there in the first place !! its scary, you just don't know whats going on in someones else's head,  but at the end of the day the public's safety should be the most important concern here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

She sucks and blows. On the one hand she condemns certain actions; on the other she justifies them. The UK may have no choice but to allow her to return. 

Good luck to her getting to a UK embassy or consulate. Think the nearest one is in Baghdad. Only a few tens of thousands of angry militia between her and there, ready to shoot anyone who crosses the border. 

1 hour ago, lolaivanna said:

i think the concern should be for the welfare of her baby 

If we're to believe her, the baby has already been born. That baby is innocent and a British citizen. I say arrange transport for the baby to get back to the UK and go into care and leave her where she is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Setton said:

Good luck to her getting to a UK embassy or consulate. Think the nearest one is in Baghdad. Only a few tens of thousands of angry militia between her and there, ready to shoot anyone who crosses the border. 

If we're to believe her, the baby has already been born. That baby is innocent and a British citizen. I say arrange transport for the baby to get back to the UK and go into care and leave her where she is. 

Hang on bring the baby back. We never brought her other two babies back why bring this one back? She's married to a Dutch jihadi, who chops people's heads off. The baby can go to Holland. 

She, her and her baby should never step foot on British soil. The law needs changing. British citizenship needs to be revoked and the ability to make persons stateless. 

Don't be surprised if the media don't play a part in getting her back to Britain, she turns up on the French coast "outta the blue"  before later being pulled out dinghy in the Channel and then back for trial and exclusives . All for a story. Wouldn't put it past the **** stirring media. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Hang on bring the baby back. We never brought her other two babies back why bring this one back? She's married to a Dutch jihadi, who chops people's heads off. The baby can go to Holland. 

We didn't know about the other ones. That baby has done nothing wrong. A child isn't responsible for its parents' crimes. 

But yes, Holland would also be fine. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Isn't the baby Syrian.

You were born outside the UK

British citizenship is normally automatically passed down one generation to children born outside the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-british-parent

By contrast:

Syrian nationality is determined solely by the father's nationality, while the place of birth is irrelevant. In other words, birthright citizenship is not recognized since being born in Syria does not grant an automatic right to become a national. 

So no. 

Edited by Setton
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

We didn't know about the other ones. That baby has done nothing wrong. A child isn't responsible for its parents' crimes. 

But yes, Holland would also be fine. 

She left the UK for in her words to live the life of a moslem, she joined ISIS, her "husband" is one of the head choppers, now that the Moslem way of life doesn't suit her she wants to return to the UK to take full advantage of our benefits system. namely the NHS who in her words will look after her baby. according to todays papers in a interview the Manchester Arena bombing was justified. 

in my view she should be left to rot in the moslem hell hole. hopefully the news comes in the coming days both are dead, and good bloody riddance.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Setton said:

actually she's a British citizen too. not a duel citizen but a full British citizen. all she has to really do to get back to the UK is go over the border into Turkey and the Turks will deport her back to the UK for not having a visa. a person cannot have their citizenship revoked if they are a full citizen. the UK would be forced to accept her no matter what. there will be conditions like monitoring and regular reporting to the police but ultimately she cannot be refused entry into the UK. she can be inprisoned if found guilty of terrorism, thou.   

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

actually she's a British citizen too. not a duel citizen but a full British citizen. all she has to really do to get back to the UK is go over the border into Turkey and the Turks will deport her back to the UK for not having a visa. a person cannot have their citizenship revoked if they are a full citizen. the UK would be forced to accept her no matter what. there will be conditions like monitoring and regular reporting to the police but ultimately she cannot be refused entry into the UK. she can be inprisoned if found guilty of terrorism, thou.   

The Turks will throw her into an hell hole of a prison that's why she want's the UK to come and get her.

• Like 4

Just now, hetrodoxly said:

The Turks will throw her into an hell hole of a prison that's why she want's the UK to come and get her.

maybe. maybe not. wasn't it the Turks that supplied and trained IS and flooded Europe with Syrian refugees? 

In the long term, she can't be prevented from returning to the UK.  If they want to stop her, the best they can do is delay her entry using a Temporary Exclusion Order.

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

In my opinion we shouldn't wipe out the Islamic State.

We should let them have a city with farm land around it so it can sustain itself in isolation. This means we then have somewhere to deport people like Shamima Begum and somewhere which acts as an attractor to Islamic Fundamentalists helping remove them from our society. It should be a one way trip from which no one (and their new born babies) can ever come back from.

We should invite Trump to build a wall around it and if they step out of line we can drop some bombs on them.

8 hours ago, stevewinn said:

She left the UK for in her words to live the life of a moslem, she joined ISIS, her "husband" is one of the head choppers, now that the Moslem way of life doesn't suit her she wants to return to the UK to take full advantage of our benefits system. namely the NHS who in her words will look after her baby. according to todays papers in a interview the Manchester Arena bombing was justified. 

in my view she should be left to rot in the moslem hell hole. hopefully the news comes in the coming days both are dead, and good bloody riddance.

Did you miss the part where I said she should be left there? 

And why should a British child be left to die? Because of who its parents are? I hope my country is a little more civilised than that. 

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

actually she's a British citizen too. not a duel citizen but a full British citizen.

Where did I say she wasn't? 

all she has to really do to get back to the UK is go over the border into Turkey and the Turks will deport her back to the UK for not having a visa. a person cannot have their citizenship revoked if they are a full citizen. the UK would be forced to accept her no matter what

Actually they can. If they are entitled to citizenship of another country (regardless of whether they have claimed it). I'm sure people will be looking into her family history already. 

And yes, as I said, she has to make it to a British diplomatic presence. The nearest one to her is Iraq. But if she wants to take her chances going for Turkey, she won't fare any better. 

there will be conditions like monitoring and regular reporting to the police but ultimately she cannot be refused entry into the UK. she can be inprisoned if found guilty of terrorism, thou.   

No and that's what will happen IF she makes it to the UK. She won't. If she does, she'll go straight to prison for membership of a proscribed group. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Setton said:

No and that's what will happen IF she makes it to the UK. She won't. If she does, she'll go straight to prison for membership of a proscribed group. 

That would get thrown out, UK law only applies on UK territory.

21 minutes ago, Setton said:

Where did I say she wasn't? 

Actually they can. If they are entitled to citizenship of another country (regardless of whether they have claimed it). I'm sure people will be looking into her family history already. 

And yes, as I said, she has to make it to a British diplomatic presence. The nearest one to her is Iraq. But if she wants to take her chances going for Turkey, she won't fare any better. 

Oh okay. i saw this excellent news article where they sorta spelt it out but if you have better information I'm prepared to listen. the thing is thou that the UN charter on citizenship clearly states that a person cannot be stateless. she was born a full UK citizen. she has no duel nationality. so i would think that the UK government has little choice than to deal with her. i saw her in an interview and she looks embarrassed and remorseful. don't get me wrong she's a retard for going off to Syria and if she comes back to the UK she'll have to be monitored closely but what other choice does the UK have. and does she really need to make it back to a British mission? i would have thought that all she has to do is make it to a third country and get deported. she's a British national so thats where they'll send her. not back to Syria and like you said probably straight to prison.  

Its been announced they are revoking her citizenship.

If the Government stick two fingers up at the UN and go ahead then full respect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

If the Government stick two fingers up at the UN and go ahead then full respect.

Wow that’s pretty serious now. I’m sure she’ll appeal. Amazing how a tweet from Trump can move things.

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

That would get thrown out, UK law only applies on UK territory.

Which is where she would be. Even if they couldn't get her on membership, there's a whole host of other charges she was guilty of before she even set off. 

All academic now anyway. 

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Oh okay. i saw this excellent news article where they sorta spelt it out but if you have better information I'm prepared to listen. the thing is thou that the UN charter on citizenship clearly states that a person cannot be stateless. she was born a full UK citizen. she has no duel nationality. so i would think that the UK government has little choice than to deal with her

You are right on all of that unless she is entitled to citizenship elsewhere (whether or not she has taken it up). E.g. Pakistani citizenship only requires one Pakistani great grandparent (I think). So if I had one Pakistani great grandparent, despite being a full British citizen, I could be deprived of my citizenship. I wouldn't technically be stateless as I'd still be entitled to citizenship elsewhere. 

Basically cases like this become a race of 'last one to ditch her deals with it'. 

. i saw her in an interview and she looks embarrassed and remorseful. don't get me wrong she's a retard for going off to Syria and if she comes back to the UK she'll have to be monitored closely but what other choice does the UK have. and does she really need to make it back to a British mission? i would have thought that all she has to do is make it to a third country and get deported. she's a British national so thats where they'll send her. not back to Syria and like you said probably straight to prison.  

She didn't necessarily need to get to the British mission itself but she needed to get to a country with a diplomayic presence (either Iraq or Turkey). Once there she would turn herself over to the authorities who would arrange her deportation with the British Embassy. 

And if she'd turned herself over to Iraqi or Turkish authorities, I doubt we'd have heard from her again anytime soon. 

Anyway, obviously she is entitled to another citizenship and she won't be coming to the UK now. 

Very curious what happens with the baby though. I imagine he would be dual British/Dutch but might not be entitled to other citizenships his parents are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Woah, they can do that? I don't know anything about the laws there in regards to citizenship. Has the UK done that sort of thing often before or no? I'm more familiar with how the U.S. handles citizenship- born citizens can't be revoked, but naturalized ones can be denaturalized. And that happens rarely.

• Like 1