Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
itsnotoutthere

Shamima Begum: ' IS poster girl'

66 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

RabidMongoose
5 minutes ago, rashore said:

Woah, they can do that? I don't know anything about the laws there in regards to citizenship. Has the UK done that sort of thing often before or no? I'm more familiar with how the U.S. handles citizenship- born citizens can't be revoked, but naturalized ones can be denaturalized. And that happens rarely.

Its illegal but they have announced this afternoon that they have done it.

Lets see if the UK Government has some backbone now?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore
2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Its illegal but they have announced this afternoon that they have done it.

Lets see if the UK Government has some backbone now?

Oh dang. Why/how is it illegal? Because of UK laws, or other UN agreements? I take it this is rather unusual then for the UK to do such a thing.
I am indeed ignorant of international affairs sometimes, sorry about that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
25 minutes ago, rashore said:

Oh dang. Why/how is it illegal? Because of UK laws, or other UN agreements? I take it this is rather unusual then for the UK to do such a thing.
I am indeed ignorant of international affairs sometimes, sorry about that.

UN legislation. We signed up to it implementing into law how we cannot remove citizenship from a person with only one citizenship. She only has one which is British. And they are removing it to leave her stateless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
2 hours ago, rashore said:

Woah, they can do that? I don't know anything about the laws there in regards to citizenship. Has the UK done that sort of thing often before or no? I'm more familiar with how the U.S. handles citizenship- born citizens can't be revoked, but naturalized ones can be denaturalized. And that happens rarely.

I know the Australian Govt is working on introducing new legislation to strip people of their citizenship and prevent them from returning if their crimes are based on terrorism. link

In the article it appears they're modeling it on the UK.

Morrison said the new citizenship stripping powers could pass parliament in the next fortnight but the regime for temporary exclusion orders – modelled on the UK – “may take a little longer”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn

Excellent News. Revoked citizenship. Confirmed by family lawyer.

Her Father did say if he couldn't get her back to the UK he'd leave the UK. Good. Like that makes us worried. Let's crowd fund the airfare for the whole family.

Her family now seeking legal advice. 

Hope Govt wins out. 

About time the Govt showed some backbone. 

All the human rights lawyers and looney left guardian reading hand wringers will be out in force. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Its been announced they are revoking her citizenship.

If the Government stick two fingers up at the UN and go ahead then full respect.

That's cheered me up no end.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Its illegal but they have announced this afternoon that they have done it.

Lets see if the UK Government has some backbone now?

Can you explain why it is preferable to revoke someone's citizenship than to arrest them bring them home in custody and try them?  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
4 hours ago, Setton said:

You are right on all of that unless she is entitled to citizenship elsewhere (whether or not she has taken it up). E.g. Pakistani citizenship only requires one Pakistani great grandparent (I think). So if I had one Pakistani great grandparent, despite being a full British citizen, I could be deprived of my citizenship. I wouldn't technically be stateless as I'd still be entitled to citizenship elsewhere. 

Basically cases like this become a race of 'last one to ditch her deals with it'. 

She didn't necessarily need to get to the British mission itself but she needed to get to a country with a diplomayic presence (either Iraq or Turkey). Once there she would turn herself over to the authorities who would arrange her deportation with the British Embassy. 

And if she'd turned herself over to Iraqi or Turkish authorities, I doubt we'd have heard from her again anytime soon. 

 

Anyway, obviously she is entitled to another citizenship and she won't be coming to the UK now. 

Very curious what happens with the baby though. I imagine he would be dual British/Dutch but might not be entitled to other citizenships his parents are. 

Her heritage might be Pakistani or Bangladesh but unless she’s willingly taken up dual citizenship or a passport then I don’t think she can be deported or have her British citizens rights stripped. That would be racist and defeated in any court. 

Yeah never thought of her dead husbands Dutch nationality. Maybe that could be her call back plan. Anyway I think you’re right that some political horse trading will take place and she’ll quietly e offered another choice. But imo I recon she has a strong case to remain a British citizen. The Met police chief and the head on MI6 also think so. We’ll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Excellent News. Revoked citizenship. Confirmed by family lawyer.

Her Father did say if he couldn't get her back to the UK he'd leave the UK. Good. Like that makes us worried. Let's crowd fund the airfare for the whole family.

Her family now seeking legal advice. 

Hope Govt wins out. 

About time the Govt showed some backbone. 

All the human rights lawyers and looney left guardian reading hand wringers will be out in force. 

 

 

Steve that’s a political decision not a legal one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

UN legislation. We signed up to it implementing into law how we cannot remove citizenship from a person with only one citizenship. She only has one which is British. And they are removing it to leave her stateless.

If so, and I don't know the facts, then good on 'em!  It's past time for a government to stand against the insanity of simply allowing these killers back into their nations so they can inspire more deadly attacks on its citizenry.  Laws can be changed for such circumstances and it should be no burden on the public when such a case is proven to prevent them from coming back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
27 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Her heritage might be Pakistani or Bangladesh but unless she’s willingly taken up dual citizenship or a passport then I don’t think she can be deported or have her British citizens rights stripped. That would be racist and defeated in any court. 

Yeah never thought of her dead husbands Dutch nationality. Maybe that could be her call back plan. Anyway I think you’re right that some political horse trading will take place and she’ll quietly e offered another choice. But imo I recon she has a strong case to remain a British citizen. The Met police chief and the head on MI6 also think so. We’ll see.

She went into the field willingly and was part of a war against her home country.  That makes her a Traitor, plain and simple.  She should be tried on that evidence when she sets foot back on British soil.  If convicted she should be executed.  If the UK doesn't treat its traitors that way then she should be put in the darkest hole in the United Kingdom and cut off forever from doing any further mischief.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Excellent News. Revoked citizenship. Confirmed by family lawyer.

Her Father did say if he couldn't get her back to the UK he'd leave the UK. Good. Like that makes us worried. Let's crowd fund the airfare for the whole family.

Her family now seeking legal advice. 

Hope Govt wins out. 

About time the Govt showed some backbone. 

All the human rights lawyers and looney left guardian reading hand wringers will be out in force. 

 

 

If someone starts a crowdfund send me a link, I'll chip in :w00t:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Her heritage might be Pakistani or Bangladesh but unless she’s willingly taken up dual citizenship or a passport then I don’t think she can be deported or have her British citizens rights stripped. That would be racist and defeated in any court. 

Sorry but you're wrong on this. HMG has the right to strip any citizen of citizenship provided it will not render them stateless. And they have. 

Quote

Yeah never thought of her dead husbands Dutch nationality. Maybe that could be her call back plan. Anyway I think you’re right that some political horse trading will take place and she’ll quietly e offered another choice. But imo I recon she has a strong case to remain a British citizen. The Met police chief and the head on MI6 also think so. We’ll see.

That was their thinking IF they couldn't find another citizenship she was entitled to. Now they have. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee

 

Call me suspicious but I find it strange that all this is getting so much publicity from the MSM
(aka Enemy of the People)..... for a couple of years now anything to do with Islam, especially
anything that puts Islam in a negative light, has been brushed under the carpet lest the Natives
become restless.... topics like ... Anti Brexit, anti Trump and '''Enemy Russia''' are much preferred
subjects for the 'Plebs' to soak up day after day... 

I'm wondering if a teenager and new born baby are being used as a test case to create a legal
precedent - when the Government's decision to revoke citizenship is challenged and the ruling
overturned... it can be used for all the others returning from Syria and Iraq... ?

I hope my suspicions are wrong - we'll see how it goes...

 

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
6 hours ago, and then said:

If someone starts a crowdfund send me a link, I'll chip in :w00t:

I hope they bloody stay away from Ireland. We enough terrorists here as it is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam

We can not trust this girl. Who is to say she is not going to come back and cause havok here like so many others have.

We have let in too many west hating muslims though our gates because of  our naive sympathy for them and look where it has got us, haters living here, breeding  and bringing up their children the same way. ENOUGH. We want no more west haters here.

We have had their lies to the toll of our dead!! 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
11 hours ago, rashore said:

Oh dang. Why/how is it illegal? Because of UK laws, or other UN agreements? I take it this is rather unusual then for the UK to do such a thing.
I am indeed ignorant of international affairs sometimes, sorry about that.

It's not illegal. He's just enjoying some miss-informed flag waving. 

It is illegal to render someone stateless. As she is entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship, however, removing her British citizenship does not make her stateless. It makes her Bangladeshi. 

Not many people seem to understand this (including her lawyer) but it doesn't matter whether she holds a Bangladeshi passport or has visited the country or whatever. She is entitled to citizenship there and is therefore not stateless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
7 hours ago, and then said:

She went into the field willingly and was part of a war against her home country.  That makes her a Traitor, plain and simple.  She should be tried on that evidence when she sets foot back on British soil.  If convicted she should be executed.  If the UK doesn't treat its traitors that way then she should be put in the darkest hole in the United Kingdom and cut off forever from doing any further mischief.

yes she is a traitor. yes she should be punished. what you would like done to her is kinda poetic but i don't think your form of punishment is right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
1 hour ago, Setton said:

Sorry but you're wrong on this. HMG has the right to strip any citizen of citizenship provided it will not render them stateless. And they have. 

That was their thinking IF they couldn't find another citizenship she was entitled to. Now they have. 

but isn't Shamina stateless now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
50 minutes ago, Setton said:

It's not illegal. He's just enjoying some miss-informed flag waving. 

It is illegal to render someone stateless. As she is entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship, however, removing her British citizenship does not make her stateless. It makes her Bangladeshi. 

Not many people seem to understand this (including her lawyer) but it doesn't matter whether she holds a Bangladeshi passport or has visited the country or whatever. She is entitled to citizenship there and is therefore not stateless. 

so let me get this straight. Shamina is now a Bangladeshi because her parents were? so any person from immigrant parents that does something wrong can be deported BUT if your parents were born in the UK you cannot lose your citizenship. so how many generations does it take before you're just as British as everyone else? 

Edited by Captain Risky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

so let me get this straight. Shamina is now a Bangladeshi because her parents were? so any person from immigrant parents that does something wrong can be deported BUT if your parents were born in the UK you cannot lose your citizenship. so how many generations does it take before you're just as British as everyone else? 

you take her and her spawn,

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly

She's named her baby after Abdullah ibn al-Jarrah a famous jihadist who beheaded Jews, he even murdered his own father, it says it all really.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
11 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Excellent News. Revoked citizenship. Confirmed by family lawyer.

Her Father did say if he couldn't get her back to the UK he'd leave the UK. Good. Like that makes us worried. Let's crowd fund the airfare for the whole family.

Her family now seeking legal advice. 

Hope Govt wins out. 

About time the Govt showed some backbone. 

All the human rights lawyers and looney left guardian reading hand wringers will be out in force. 

We need to deport her family too.

While we dont know what has gone on behind closed doors resulting in their daughter going off to join ISIS there is something clearly wrong. At the minimum they have been promoting values to their children at odds with the ideals of a Western Society. That in itself is enough for me, put them all on a plane and get rid.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
11 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

We need to deport her family too.

While we dont know what has gone on behind closed doors resulting in their daughter going off to join ISIS there is something clearly wrong. At the minimum they have been promoting values to their children at odds with the ideals of a Western Society. That in itself is enough for me, put them all on a plane and get rid.

there was reports her father was attending radical seminars and would take her with him.

its clear the whole lot of them need rounding up and airdropped.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
4 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

but isn't Shamina stateless now?

No, because she is entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship. 

4 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

so let me get this straight. Shamina is now a Bangladeshi because her parents were? so any person from immigrant parents that does something wrong can be deported BUT if your parents were born in the UK you cannot lose your citizenship. so how many generations does it take before you're just as British as everyone else? 

Not any person. It depends where those parents were from. It has nothing to do with UK law. It is Bangladeshi law that states anyone of Bangladeshi heritage is entitled to their citizenship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.