Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
itsnotoutthere

Seven MPs leave Labour

22 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

itsnotoutthere

Seven MPs have resigned from the Labour Party in protest at Jeremy Corbyn's approach to Brexit and anti-Semitism.

They are: Chuka Umunna, Luciana Berger, Chris Leslie, Angela Smith, Mike Gapes, Gavin Shuker and Ann Coffey.

Ms Berger said Labour had become institutionally anti-Semitic and she was "embarrassed and ashamed" to stay.

 

link:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47278902

Wow...Brexit win win.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
RabidMongoose
27 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Seven MPs have resigned from the Labour Party in protest at Jeremy Corbyn's approach to Brexit and anti-Semitism.

They are: Chuka Umunna, Luciana Berger, Chris Leslie, Angela Smith, Mike Gapes, Gavin Shuker and Ann Coffey.

Ms Berger said Labour had become institutionally anti-Semitic and she was "embarrassed and ashamed" to stay.

 

link:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47278902

Wow...Brexit win win.

Berger has been a right burger hasn't she?

She goes against her party and as such people are mean back to her. She portrays it as anti-Semitism and bullying, in reality its just people giving the cry baby who cant get her own way a hard time.

I best not say that too loud, she might re-join Labour. The weaker the Labour Party the better! lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom

I thought that you were talking about our, (AU) Labour party there for a minute, which looked like a landslide vote to get back in to cause a man made recession and destroy what is left of our coal fired power stations for dodgy wind and solar.

My mistake carry on.

B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
1 minute ago, tmcom said:

I thought that you were talking about our, (AU) Labour party there for a minute, which looked like a landslide vote to get back in to cause a man made recession and destroy what is left of our coal fired power stations for dodgy wind and solar.

My mistake carry on.

B)

Oh God, the Reds are ruining down under too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Oh God, the Reds are ruining down under too.

So above as below.

:lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn

These are the worst kind of politician, they won their seats as labour.

They should now run by elections. The fact none of them are shows they like their cushy number. And not willing to put it to there local constituents.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton

Three tories gone to join them. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47306022

What's the majority looking like now, I wonder? 

ETA: It's 2 with Sinn Feinn not taking seats. 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, stevewinn said:

These are the worst kind of politician, they won their seats as labour.

They should now run by elections. The fact none of them are shows they like their cushy number. And not willing to put it to there local constituents.

So some of the MPs who dont respect the Democratic will of the British people have left their parties to start a new one.

They say their parties weren't listening to them? Well yes thats correct, because the majority of people voted to leave the EU. Unless these MPs live in London then they come from areas where the majority of people voted to leave. Are they really expecting now to get re-elected?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spud the mackem
1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

So some of the MPs who dont respect the Democratic will of the British people have left their parties to start a new one.

They say their parties weren't listening to them? Well yes thats correct, because the majority of people voted to leave the EU. Unless these MPs live in London then they come from areas where the majority of people voted to leave. Are they really expecting now to get re-elected?

They obviously were elected by the people who are Labour supporters , in their constituencies , so to back out of the Labour Party means that they no longer support Labour , and have resigned , in which case they should not be allowed to carry on in Parliament as people did not vote for them to be outside the party and retain being an M.P. . How easy is it to form a new party and carry on , these people are anti - democratic and are remainers so if their wards are" leaver" strong as you have said ,they have as much chance of remaining an M.P. as I have of going to the moon on a bike. I guess that they want to be M.P's and keep their pay as M.P.'s until the next election.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
On 18/02/2019 at 5:19 PM, stevewinn said:

These are the worst kind of politician, they won their seats as labour.

They should now run by elections. The fact none of them are shows they like their cushy number. And not willing to put it to there local constituents.

I agree and from what I read, they are considering doing so. 

But, under our system, we don't vote for a party, we vote for an individual, based on that individual's campaign promises (which may or may not follow a party line).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron2016
3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

So some of the MPs who dont respect the Democratic will of the British people have left their parties to start a new one.

They say their parties weren't listening to them? Well yes thats correct, because the majority of people voted to leave the EU. Unless these MPs live in London then they come from areas where the majority of people voted to leave. Are they really expecting now to get re-elected?

 

Here is a list of the 11 MPs.

 

Four were against their own Constituencies

Tory - Anna Soubry - Remainer - Constituency voted Leave.

Tory - Sarah Wollaston - Remainer - Constituency voted Leave.

Labour - Angela Smith - Remainer - Constituency voted Leave.

Labour  Gavin Shuker - Remainer - Constituency voted Leave.

 

Three were in safe London Constituencies

Labour - Joan Ryan (London)Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

Labour -  Chuka Umunna (London) - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

Labour - Mike Gapes - (London) - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

 

The last four were also in Remain Constituencies

Tory - Heidi Allen - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

Labour - Luciana Berger - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

Labour -  Chris Leslie - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

Labour Ann Coffey - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

 

 

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
11 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Here is a list of the 11 MPs.

Four were against their own Constituencies

Tory - Anna Soubry - Remainer - Constituency voted Leave.

Tory - Sarah Wollaston - Remainer - Constituency voted Leave.

Labour - Angela Smith - Remainer - Constituency voted Leave.

Labour  Gavin Shuker - Remainer - Constituency voted Leave.

 

Three were in safe London Constituencies

Labour - Joan Ryan (London)Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

Labour -  Chuka Umunna (London) - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

Labour - Mike Gapes - (London) - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

 

The last four were also in Remain Constituencies

Tory - Heidi Allen - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

Labour - Luciana Berger - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

Labour -  Chris Leslie - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

Labour Ann Coffey - Remainer - Constituency voted Remain.

Well four of them just ruined their chances of getting re-elected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Well four of them just ruined their chances of getting re-elected.

Luciana Berger is a local MP in Liverpool, on the local BBC radio merseyside lunch time phone in. Members from her labour party constituency were trying to deselect her weeks ago, and not because she's Jewish but because they've seen nothing of her for over 4 months. She hasn't travelled back from parliament to reported back to the local party. 

Anna Soubry is another her local group have attempted to deselect her.

Its clear these are MPs who know the game is up. They know they've gone in the next election in 2022. The cushy number their on £77,300 salary a year. They just don't want to give up. 

This is why none of them will hold a by election, such questions as whose going to fund their campaign in said by election. Their former party financed it all before and supplied the foot soldiers to put leaflets through the letter boxes. 

The list of MPs are all remainer cranks. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
12 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Luciana Berger is a local MP in Liverpool, on the local BBC radio merseyside lunch time phone in. Members from her labour party constituency were trying to deselect her weeks ago, and not because she's Jewish but because they've seen nothing of her for over 4 months. She hasn't travelled back from parliament to reported back to the local party. 

Anna Soubry is another her local group have attempted to deselect her.

Its clear these are MPs who know the game is up. They know they've gone in the next election in 2022. The cushy number their on £77,300 salary a year. They just don't want to give up. 

This is why none of them will hold a by election, such questions as whose going to fund their campaign in said by election. Their former party financed it all before and supplied the foot soldiers to put leaflets through the letter boxes. 

The list of MPs are all remainer cranks. 

 

Legally they arent required to hold a by-election.

While people usually vote for a party in an election, it doesnt change how its an individual person standing for a seat and its the person which gets elected. As independents they no longer answer to the Tories or Labour or Tory and Labour members. Members cannot de-select an MP which doesnt belong to their party. They will lose their party offices in their local town/city but Parliament will give them the funding from the tax payer for new ones. £77,300 per year is a lot of money for a person even if they like all the luxuries in life. If needed someone could live off that for 7 years easy so they arent going to be voluntarily resigning anytime soon.

But unless they can get like 50 MPs to join I expect them to disappear at the next election. No doubt they will be allowed back in the Tory and Labour party but they will be punished upon their return. They will be prevented for standing again for a while so that they learn their lesson. You never know, some might cross the floor again and go back if it looks like this rebellion is going to fail.

Focusing back on Brexit it was announced earlier today that we made a £16bn surplus last month! The national debt is shrinking and we are doing well despite this type of politician claiming us leaving the EU is going to doom us all.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

There could be another by-election in Wales, too.

A Welsh Conservative MP has been charged in connection with allegations over false expenses claims.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47320171

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EBE Hybrid

There seems to be a lot of allegations of anti-Semitism being made against the Labour party in the news, but not much information given regarding the nature of the anti-Semitic behavior.

Can anyone elaborate, is this real anti-Semitism or some kind of witch-hunt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado
5 minutes ago, EBE Hybrid said:

There seems to be a lot of allegations of anti-Semitism being made against the Labour party in the news, but not much information given regarding the nature of the anti-Semitic behavior.

Can anyone elaborate, is this real anti-Semitism or some kind of witch-hunt?

There's a handy BBC Guide!  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45030552

Labour Party members have also been yelling abuse at one another on social media but not enough of them have been getting "disciplined" when going over the top. (I think) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47203397

Meanwhile.... another Labour MP quits party..... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47330079

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
22 minutes ago, EBE Hybrid said:

There seems to be a lot of allegations of anti-Semitism being made against the Labour party in the news, but not much information given regarding the nature of the anti-Semitic behavior.

Can anyone elaborate, is this real anti-Semitism or some kind of witch-hunt?

Are you aware that in the General Election which saw David Cameron get elected there was controversy over a Nazi Labour Party candidate?

In the past she had tried creating her own party and had gone out knocking on peoples doors asking if they would vote for her. Sounds normal? Well she was dressed in the full Nazi uniform while doing it. They put the pics of that Labour Party candidate in the papers after she got elected as an MP and the Labour Party let her stay as one.

I will try to dig around to find her name again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EBE Hybrid
11 hours ago, Eldorado said:

There's a handy BBC Guide!  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45030552

Labour Party members have also been yelling abuse at one another on social media but not enough of them have been getting "disciplined" when going over the top. (I think) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47203397

Meanwhile.... another Labour MP quits party..... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47330079

But if the MPs in question have been sacked, isn't the anti-Semitic element of the party being dealt with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EBE Hybrid
11 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Are you aware that in the General Election which saw David Cameron get elected there was controversy over a Nazi Labour Party candidate?

In the past she had tried creating her own party and had gone out knocking on peoples doors asking if they would vote for her. Sounds normal? Well she was dressed in the full Nazi uniform while doing it. They put the pics of that Labour Party candidate in the papers after she got elected as an MP and the Labour Party let her stay as one.

I will try to dig around to find her name again.

I remember that, she was kicked out of the party, wasn't she?

Can't see what more could have been done about her, although it does indicate that one should do a bit of a background check on your candidates!

All the same I don't think that constitutes a whole party as being anti-Semitic, that would indicate that the Conservative party is full of deviants committing bizarre sexual acts with pigs heads!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado
1 hour ago, EBE Hybrid said:

But if the MPs in question have been sacked, isn't the anti-Semitic element of the party being dealt with?

It's Labour Party members who are fighting one another, so you'll need to ask one who's involved in it all. If there are still Labour MPs quitting it's obviouslly not being dealt with too well.  The Party is still a mess.

 

Edited by Eldorado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EBE Hybrid

I must admit to questioning some of Corbyns' choices. Allowing Diane Abbott any air time will probably make Labour unelectable.

I don't envy Theresa May at the moment, I suspect that she'll become a sacrificial lamb, I think any PM responsible for managing Brexit would become unelectable.

The next PM will probably have a poisoned chalice as managing the first post Brexit government is likely a thankless task and unlikely to get much public support.

Perhaps the current Labour party fiasco is a tactical move, ensuring that they're unelectable at the next general election before putting strong candidates forward at the election after the next, although they seem to be lacking credible faces at the moment, Yvette Cooper would probably make a credible and media friendly party leader though.

Potential Conservative leaders are short on the ground too, I think Boris, whilst popular with some will have lost credibility due to his post referendum image when it appeared that he couldn't believe the result and avoided getting involved with the Brexit process after being the leave campaigns poster boy, Micheal Gove comes across as duplicitous and 'snakey'.

The near future of UK politics doesn't seem to have any credible leaders.

Interesting times!

 

Too many "credibles" in this post, I need a thesaurus!

Edited by EBE Hybrid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.