Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Israel accuses Poland of Holocaust collusion

9 posts in this topic

Eldorado

"Poland has pulled out of a planned trip to Jerusalem and scuppered an international summit the same day officials were due to arrive, after Israel’s foreign minister accused Poles of hatred against Jews and complicity in the Holocaust.

Israel Katz, who was appointed acting foreign minister on Sunday, said Poles “suckle antisemitism with their mother’s milk”. Speaking on another radio show on Monday morning, he accused all Polish people of harbouring “innate” antisemitism.

Full UK Guardian report: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/18/polish-israel-visit-holocaust?CMP=twt_b-gdnnews

At Haaretz: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-visegrad-summit-in-israel-canceled-says-czech-prime-minister-1.6942500

• Thanks 1

Imaginarynumber1

Image result for hitler poland meme

• Haha 1

odas

Good for Poland. Enough is enough.

Dark_Grey

Never forget the 600 trillion. 

Spoiler

Seriously. You downplay the holocaust and you will have to answer for it. Stalin? Mao? Barely note worthy.

and then

Funny thing about true genocides like the one against the Jews in the 30s and 40s is that the evil that caused them didn't disappear.  Its time is coming around again and it's obvious for anyone who knows what to look for.  The open hatred and even support within various governments - including the U.S., it seems - of anti-Semitism, is growing.  The Jews aren't alone in it this time though.  We have hatred against Muslims, racial hatred, political hatred between various elements.  Yes, indeed, we are ramping up to have quite the party around the world.  I doubt the laughter will follow the one that's coming.

odas
7 minutes ago, and then said:

Funny thing about true genocides like the one against the Jews in the 30s and 40s is that the evil that caused them didn't disappear.  Its time is coming around again and it's obvious for anyone who knows what to look for.  The open hatred and even support within various governments - including the U.S., it seems - of anti-Semitism, is growing.  The Jews aren't alone in it this time though.  We have hatred against Muslims, racial hatred, political hatred between various elements.  Yes, indeed, we are ramping up to have quite the party around the world.  I doubt the laughter will follow the one that's coming.

True but that is not the point at point. ALL of polish people cannot be accused and held responsible for the Holocoust. Some of them, yes. But they are already six feet benith the surface. This is a different generation, government. Are we going to held accountable a child that was born a minute ago for what happened 70-80 years ago? No. That is why applaud the Polish government. No race, nationality, religion can be wholy held accountable for the actions of a few. I learned my lesson and it is time for Israel to learn their lesson too. WE were not born when the ones before us did what they did.

• Like 2

and then
23 minutes ago, odas said:

True but that is not the point at point. ALL of polish people cannot be accused and held responsible for the Holocoust. Some of them, yes. But they are already six feet benith the surface. This is a different generation, government. Are we going to held accountable a child that was born a minute ago for what happened 70-80 years ago? No. That is why applaud the Polish government. No race, nationality, religion can be wholy held accountable for the actions of a few. I learned my lesson and it is time for Israel to learn their lesson too. WE were not born when the ones before us did what they did.

I happen to agree with you on this one.  People who hate others because of their differences are not limited to any specific country or region.  The Poles were virulent anti-Semites at that time but so were many other Europeans and Russians.  Had it not been a common characteristic at the time, Germany would have had a much worse time trying to murder all European Jews.  My point is that the underlying hate and need to blame one group for the problems of the world still exists today and it is taking us all back down a road into darkness.  

ETA:  I can add that many Americans and Brits fell into that category as well.

Edited by and then

aztek

what a load of b.s. not even all Muslims hate Jews, let alone entire population of Poland.  

RoofGardener

Well, this Yisrael Katz seems to have been a prize pillock ? 

• Like 1