Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't believe you

Jodie.Lynne

1 hour ago, albie said:

You clearly have been there. You clearly have had your faith dented by someone like me. :) That makes me happy.

I have always been there. I never felt more free, or more closer to God and the truth the day I realized I believed things I couldn't possibly know.

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I have always been there. I never felt more free, or more closer to God and the truth the day I realized I believed things I couldn't possibly know.

If your belief gives meaning and value to your finite existence, no one can fault you. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If your belief gives meaning and value to your finite existence, no one can fault you. 

Xen, where the hell have you been bro??

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Xen, where the hell have you been bro??

I needed a break. Wasn't going to be back till November. 

31 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I needed a break. Wasn't going to be back till November. 

I feel ya. Its good to see ya back. I was concerned. I PM'ed a while back and got nothing, then I saw that you hadn't even seen it. Good to know you are still alive. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I feel ya. Its good to see ya back. I was concerned. I PM'ed a while back and got nothing, then I saw that you hadn't even seen it. Good to know you are still alive. :tu:

Yeah, kinda surprised by it. Even a few of my "enemies" were concerned. Just don't expect much snark out of me. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Yeah, kinda surprised by it. Even a few of my "enemies" were concerned. Just don't expect much snark out of me. 

I never saw you as an enemy X. I wouldn’t have spent so much time arguing with you if I didn’t like you. :tu:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 2/18/2019 at 10:07 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

"Why continue to try?"

Because sometimes, with the right people, the experience can be somewhat educational. Other times it's like getting your teeth pulled by a drunk dentist without any anesthesia.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@XenoFish I was starting to wonder where you went too! I like the new rick icon. 

• Thanks 1

When I argue with people over spiritual things it is either for

1) I am concerned they will do something dumb with their belief ( this happens a lot when randoms asking for help about things)

2) Sometimes I am honestly just bored at work or wherever lol

3) At the end of the day I WANT to be convinced. I would much like there to be a god or afterlife of some sort. So when the poster is intelligent I debate because deep down I want them to convince me lol. 

It has not happened, but cheers for hoping lol. 

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 9:11 PM, HerNibs said:

Regarding UFOs, ghosts and the paranormal - same situation - pony up the evidence.

What evidence would you accept?  Every photo/video and audio clip can be faked.

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

When I argue with people over spiritual things it is either for

1) I am concerned they will do something dumb with their belief ( this happens a lot when randoms asking for help about things)

I'd have to agree with this. I think having a spiritual belief is all well and good if it makes you (in general) a better person. It's when people take their religion or spirituality way to serious and go to far with it. 

2) Sometimes I am honestly just bored at work or wherever lol

I'm guilty of this as well. 

3) At the end of the day I WANT to be convinced. I would much like there to be a god or afterlife of some sort. So when the poster is intelligent I debate because deep down I want them to convince me lol. 

I can disagree with this either. I just don't expect it to ever happen.

It has not happened, but cheers for hoping lol. 

• Like 1

What I don't get is the need to prove a religious or spiritual belief. When those beliefs are more philosophical and/or psychological in nature. If a person happens to believe in god, goes on faith that their god exist, why try to use science to validate their belief? Seems counter productive, as if they don't really believe. If said spiritual / religious belief encourages them to become a better persons, amplifies their better qualities, maybe instills some humanity in them, is there really a problem with that? 

I think the issue comes down to the fanatics on both end of the spectrum. The rabid atheist and the fanatical faithful. I don't think anyone likes either. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What I don't get is the need to prove a religious or spiritual belief. When those beliefs are more philosophical and/or psychological in nature. If a person happens to believe in god, goes on faith that their god exist, why try to use science to validate their belief? Seems counter productive, as if they don't really believe. If said spiritual / religious belief encourages them to become a better persons, amplifies their better qualities, maybe instills some humanity in them, is there really a problem with that? 

I think the issue comes down to the fanatics on both end of the spectrum. The rabid atheist and the fanatical faithful. I don't think anyone likes either. 

I 100% agree with the bolded.

And for the above I am curious about that as well. If a believer would like to offer perspective on that question I would appreciate it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Will Due said:

Do you hate God?

9 hours ago, Will Due said:

Accuse another of what you're doing.

Q.E.D.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Will Due said:

Do you hate God?

If you believe in god you should and if you dont your a horrible person.

Thread cleaned.

Please keep the discussion civil. Avoid name calling and flame-baiting.

Thank you.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Do you hate Atheist?

No.

But I know you love me. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

No.

But I know you love me. :lol:

Not one bit. Back on the Bliss of Ignorance list you go Will. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, albie said:

I don't like the idea of God, no. As I said, look at the world. If this is the work of a God then should we be extolling him/her?

240 women are raped daily in England and Wales according to one documentary I saw recently. According to the NSPCC 1 in 5 kids are abused in some manner. 

Nice world, God. Good work. 

This is so true. My soufflet failed to rise, and I got two flat tyres in a week, I'd be pretty confident God is responsible, but how would I know for sure ? Thanks in advance for any help.

On ‎2‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:13 PM, Will Due said:

Do you hate God?

God is a vile character.  A blood thirsty tyrant who has an insatiable appetite for death.

15 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

character

Do you hate character?

On 2/18/2019 at 10:07 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

Why do YOU continue to argue this issue?

That's rather simple. It's all about an ancient message with a similar effect of "there's bomb there". Preaching the gospel means to spread the message such that people who are willing to listen will take measure to avoid a possible bomb.

I also speculate that it's actually the atheists who are on the illogical side of the coin. I don't feel bad to remind them where their line of reasoning is flawed. Who's more logical in the bomb situation, the one refuses to run but insist on seeing the evidence, or the one who chooses to trust the source is reliable enough to make a run? Logically at least, you should focus on whether the source is a reliable one or not. Christianity is made from claims of eyewitnesses who martyred themselves to testify what is said.

======

Evidence is a joke. It's an educated line of reasoning but fallacious. One the biggest delusion ever existed in the history of humanity.

99.99% of us don't have the evidence when we know for a fact that black holes exist (it's already about science, not to mention other kinds of truth). We know for fact that black holes exist not because they are made evident to us. We know for a fact that black holes exist because our scientists are the reliable and credible source of information for us to put faith in their words (about black holes in this case).

You can verify the existence of black holes yourself simply because science as a kind of truth is about a repeatable phenomenon. Not everything can repeat in this world for your verification. History is an example which is hardly subject to your verification. Did Nanjing massacre happen in WWII? The Chinese claim a casualty of 300,000 while denied by the Japanese. In your line of fallacious reasoning, then the Japanese must be right due to the lack of sufficient evidence. However, by the very nature of history (unlike science), evidence is scarcely available. The Chinese may be right, after all the witnessing/testimonies but not evidence are provided.

In a nutshell those demanding evidence in order to believe is living in a BIG delusion. Humans mostly rely on faith in a credible source, not evidence, to get to a truth/fact of any kind.

When a friend told you that he had a big meal on Christmas, that remains the only way such a fact can convey. Demanding evidence for this historical event itself is a joke. You have 3 meals a day, 1000 meals a year. So by age 31 you already had more than 30,000 meals in your life. Show us the evidence of the food contents of any single 1 of them. If you can't, nor can the 7 billion humans in this world. You can't gather any evidence of 30,000 x 7 billion meals of today's humans by assuming an average age of 30! 

Evidence? What is it, other than a joke? Continue to live in dreams!

Edited by Hawkins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Hawkins said:

That's rather simple. It's all about an ancient message with a similar effect of "there's bomb there". Preaching the gospel means to spread the message such that people who are willing to listen will take measure to avoid a possible bomb.

I also speculate that it's actually the atheists who are on the illogical side of the coin. I don't feel bad to remind them where their line of reasoning is flawed. Who's more logical in the bomb situation, the one refuses to run but insist on seeing the evidence, or the one who chooses to trust the source is reliable enough to make a run? Logically at least, you should focus on whether the source is a reliable one or not. Christianity is made from claims of eyewitnesses who martyred themselves to testify what is said.

======

Evidence is a joke. It's an educated line of reasoning but fallacious. One the biggest delusion ever existed in the history of humanity.

99.99% of us don't have the evidence when we know for a fact that black holes exist (it's already about science, not to mention other kinds of truth). We know for fact that black holes exist not because they are made evident to us. We know for a fact that black holes exist because our scientists are the reliable and credible source of information for us to put faith in their words (about black holes in this case).

You can verify the existence of black holes yourself simply because science as a kind of truth is about a repeatable phenomenon. Not everything can repeat in this world for your verification. History is an example which is hardly subject to your verification. Did Nanjing massacre happen in WWII? The Chinese claim a casualty of 300,000 while denied by the Japanese. In your line of fallacious reasoning, then the Japanese must be right due to the lack of sufficient evidence. However, by the very nature of history (unlike science), evidence is scarcely available. The Chinese may be right, after all the witnessing/testimonies but not evidence are provided.

In a nutshell those demanding evidence in order to believe is living in a BIG delusion. Humans mostly rely on faith in a credible source, not evidence, to get to a truth/fact of any kind.

When a friend told you that he had a big meal on Christmas, that remains the only way such a fact can convey. Demanding evidence for this historical event itself is a joke. You have 3 meals a day, 1000 meals a year. So by age 31 you already had more than 30,000 meals in your life. Show us the evidence of the food contents of any single 1 of them. If you can't, nor can the 7 billion humans in this world. You can't gather any evidence of 30,000 x 7 billion meals of today's humans by assuming an average age of 30! 

Evidence? What is it, other than a joke? Continue to live in dreams!

My question to that is why does God need you to do it? 

If the threat of hell is so bad (I'm assuming that was what your "bomb" was) and that God is so loving and caring about us, then why does he need other humans to tell people about it? Why not do it to each of us individually? Does he not care about us enough? 

• Like 1