Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't believe you

Jodie.Lynne

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You'd know all about "ill informed words". You're full of them. Don't expect sympathy for your mental problems. Been there, done that, more than once. You're nothing special and it doesn't earn you a pass, here.

Ouch. :cry:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I've heard that speech from every one of my family members, and really most people I know. I'm used to it by now. No worries. ;)

6880062.jpg

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

I've heard that speech from every one of my family members, and really most people I know. I'm used to it by now. No worries. ;)

6880062.jpg

How does that affect you?

6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

How does that affect you?

Well obviously it hurt, and used to cause me to withdraw even more from the world and become a hermit essentially. But now days I've become more adept at brushing it off and moving on.

I'd say that's mainly because now I have some really close friends online who love and accept me for who I am, like you. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

the internet with platforms like this are what often helps me to heal and grow as a person.

AK, you are an unsung hero. I want you to know that. I get where you're coming from. Kudos to you for not letting anyone keep you from your goals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I do wish there was a middle finger emoji, but that's more than what hammer's childish performance on this deserves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't be hating on hammer or anyone else guys. Wouldn't have happened if I hadn't derailed the thread in the first place. :lol:

He isn't called Hammer for no reason. 

He is called Hammer because he brings the ****ing Boom.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Well obviously it hurt, and used to cause me to withdraw even more from the world and become a hermit essentially. But now days I've become more adept at brushing it off and moving on.

I'd say that's mainly because now I have some really close friends online who love and accept me for who I am, like you. ^_^

Even when people try to encourage you to achieve something you insult them. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I do wish there was a middle finger emoji, but that's more than what hammer's childish performance on this deserves.

In what way is it childish? Oh, please share your pithy, if nuanced bogan wisdom with us.

16 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

In what way is it childish? Oh, please share your pithy, if nuanced bogan wisdom with us.

This:

What do you want to bet you're talking to someone under a roof he didn't pay for using electricity he doesn't pay for, typing on a computer bought with someone else's money?

... is childish.  As well as illogical, I'd explain how but you won't understand it.

1 minute ago, Liquid Gardens said:

As well as illogical, I'd explain how but you won't understand it.

He's right though. Why not explain to the rest of us ill informed knuckle draggers.

Just now, Liquid Gardens said:

This:

... is childish.  As well as illogical, I'd explain how but you won't understand it.

From his subsequent response, evidently I hit the nail on the head. It was gestalt summation of the gist of his posts. He evinces a phenomenal lack of real-world experience. It was quite logical in substance and an accurate observation. Is it my lack of tact that you find childish? There is method to my madness. Naked honesty can be quite therapeutic. I know this from personal experience on the receiving end.

• Thanks 2

You know what Liquid Garden. Don't bother. Lord Harry got exactly what he set out to do. He started that political fire in this thread and so many of us fueled it. An this was the results.

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

You know what Liquid Garden. Don't bother. Lord Harry got exactly what he set out to do. He started that political fire in this thread and so many of us fueled it. An this was the results.

I didn't say you were a knuckle dragger man, why so defensive?  The point is that his criticisms against capitalism include statistics and graphs and arguments that relate to knowledge about the economy, politics, and history.  Whether he's John Galt or a welfare queen has nothing to do with those arguments, it's irrelevant and a logical fallacy.  You don't have to live in a capitalist or communist country to know enough to make valid arguments about it, you don't have to be a minority to argue why they should have rights, etc.

But you're right, I agree with this nonsense being Lord Harry trolling fault.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

why so defensive?

Because I'm a self made man and when the idea that I owe someone a hand out crosses my path I get defensive. I've got no problem helping those who are trying to help themselves. I have no issue with those who have to be on assistance. I have issues with those who do nothing and expect everything. I'm just a hard working man who rides that line between a blue and white collar life. I believe in effort and seeking some level of achievement. Basically people trying. 

I caught it before and stupidly fell into it later. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

I didn't say you were a knuckle dragger man, why so defensive?  The point is that his criticisms against capitalism include statistics and graphs and arguments that relate to knowledge about the economy, politics, and history.  Whether he's John Galt or a welfare queen has nothing to do with those arguments, it's irrelevant and a logical fallacy.  You don't have to live in a capitalist or communist country to know enough to make valid arguments about it, you don't have to be a minority to argue why they should have rights, etc.

His grandiose vision of a utopian society were put in juxtaposition, in critique, with real-world examples of failed attempts at such. His comments on work ethics and labor and reward drew the real heat. Sort of skimmed over that, didn't you?

• Thanks 2

Nihilism was a great form of escapism for me, but underneath it all, I'm very much an objectivist. Considering that I am an apparent selfish sociopath. All because I don't concern myself with what my neighbor does. And I'm not a fan of altruism. 

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Nihilism was a great form of escapism for me, but underneath it all, I'm very much an objectivist. Considering that I am an apparent selfish sociopath. All because I don't concern myself with what my neighbor does. And I'm not a fan of altruism. 

You're not a selfish sociopath, you're an objective realist. You make people squirm with facts they'd rather not address.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You're not a selfish sociopath, you're an objective realist. You make people squirm with facts they'd rather not address.

There is no reality were it's all rainbows and kitty cats all the time. Life is an ugly chaotic mess and we've only got a finite amount of time to do something. Whatever that something is. Hell, success for some people is just getting out of bed in the morning or finishing a to-do list before days end. 

• Like 1

Idealism is an ice flavor that tastes real sweet, till you get a taste of reality, then idealism is bitter.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Idealism is an ice flavor that taste real sweet, till you get a taste of reality, then idealism is bitter.

Idealism is best expressed in loving, where sweet nothings really matter.

• Like 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Idealism is best expressed in loving, where sweet nothings really matter.

It's great for those of a romantic heart. Not much good for anything else. 

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

So you decided to get back up, and in the process you have nurtured resilience.

Geez, reading what you have been through from your Dad is heart wrenching.

I think your temper has saved your life, probably caused you some issues too, Lol  you can definitely set boundaries, as you mature ( no offense meant ) your anger will refine itself into advocating for other's it already is in some ways. 

I sure appreciated your help yesterday, and want to tell you if you ever need a friend pm me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1