Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't believe you

Jodie.Lynne

lol just reading yesterdays posts about people hating politics. i had heard of this phenomenon but never seen it in action with real people.How can ANYONE in a democratic country  deliberately close their minds and words to politics. It defines our lives And, indeed, the connection between political beliefs and religious beliefs is a natural human connection  if democracy is too hard for peole then the y could try moving to a place like china or saudi Arabia :)

ps in Australia, registration and voting is compulsory .I am a conscientious objector to compulsory voting and so, in my life, have never voted .BUT I have a great interest in politics.

Tomorrow is our national election, and the results will shape our nation for the next 4 years or so 

I will be throwing a party to watch the whole show on TV after the polls close  which hopefully will last for about 4 to 6 hours, if its a close contest   Much more exciting and significant than any other  competition, including sporting ones 

On 16/05/2019 at 11:12 AM, Aquila King said:

Say no more:

Ah ha. Yes logical.  Remove high energy, protein foods, such as meat,  and a bloke will lack the energy and will.

Almost makes sense.  

Please don’t take the bait offered above.  Please be a smarter fish than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Beyond definition? Lol.  JK.  

Perfect is without flaw or highly functional in a precise way in one sense.  It’s like the Earth.  We all know it will end one day, because everything with a beginning has an ending.  But, what’s happened in between?  Like our skin - the largest organ in our body- it constantly renews itself.  But these are time periods long beyond us and our ability to observe.  The universe keeps remaking itself.  Star die and bring forth other stars and planets, and even some of the elements in our own bodies.  This happens everywhere all the time in an expanse so enormous we can’t even understand it.  I think that’s perfect.  

If you or anyone else happens to think I’m missing something, feel free to share.  I listen.

I think you're trying to define something that's at best completely subjective, and at worst just straight-up doesn't exist.

On 16/05/2019 at 11:15 AM, XenoFish said:

I'd figure someone who is celibate would have some major anger issues. I guess they can't "Oh, god" in the private moments.:lol:

Been celibate for 20 years.

No anger. 

I think it might depend on the cause of the celibacy, and whether you resent it or not.

Sex actually  seems to be commonly linked to violence and abuse. Maybe because the testosterone involved affects both areas    (sex drive and temper) 

22 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Something might matter for a moment, but those moments pass. In the end none of it will matter. It'll only be one event in a massive collection of cause and effect. 

Every event matters and contributes to the massive collection which is made up from, and would not exist without, many individual events 

Edited by Mr Walker

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I think you're trying to define something that's at best completely subjective, and at worst just straight-up doesn't exist.

Please elaborate and be specific about the last part....the first part would take little convincing.

@Mr Walker

I just want you to know that deep down in my heart of hearts, with the utmost level of genuineness and sincerity, I really could not give any less of a **** what your opinion is. 

:)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

@Mr Walker

I just want you to know that deep down in my heart of hearts, with the utmost level of genuineness and sincerity, I really could not give any less of a **** what your opinion is. 

And I should be any less a man  than you are?  :) 

Funny thing is my last post to you   agreed with you, and i liked at least one of your posts  But then as you don't care ........ :) 

Edited by Mr Walker

Just now, Aquila King said:

@Mr Walker

Not bad....a little harsh.  How about this....Mr. Walker, would you please stop talking about yourself so much, and would you mind not talking so much in general?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Guyver said:

Please elaborate and be specific about the last part....the first part would take little convincing.

There's no objective evidence of anything "perfect," plus most people can't even seem to adequately define it objectively. Perfection seems to merely be a human invention.

4 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

And I should be any less a man  than you are?  :) 

Funny thing is my last post to you   agreed with you, and i liked at least one of your posts  But then as you don't care ........ :) 

That's right. I don't care. I don't care if you agree, and I don't care if you disagree. I don't care about your opinion on anything, and just about damn near everyone else on this forum has expressed the same sentiments towards you.

So it would be nice for once to be able to scroll through these boards without seeing walls of text that nobody cares about that are all about merely inflating your own ego.

Nobody cares. Shut up and go home.

27 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Not bad....a little harsh.  How about this....Mr. Walker, would you please stop talking about yourself so much, and would you mind not talking so much in general?

lol nice tone, but no :) 

My last personal  comment ( about celibacy) referenced the only person i can speak of with authority (myself)   it responded to a post which suggested that celibacy was linked to anger. I find that to be untrue and also tha t sex and anger often go together.

That does not invalidate the other opinion, just offer a different one and indeed, i believe that celibacy  and more significantly  a ban on marriage might be one reason for the degree of paedophilia in the catholic church 

I have been posting less, but there have been some excellent posts in this thread  which invited response, and i have the same right as any to give an opinion 

Edited by Mr Walker

Reminds me of the Banjo scene in Deliverance.

6 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

That's right. I don't care. I don't care if you agree, and I don't care if you disagree. I don't care about your opinion on anything, and just about damn near everyone else on this forum has expressed the same sentiments towards you.

So it would be nice for once to be able to scroll through these boards without seeing walls of text that nobody cares about that are all about merely inflating your own ego.

I don't care :)

And no, only a small group, who have very different values, beliefs, and opinions to my own, have actually taken it personally  It would not be a discussion forum if everyone with whom you disagreed,  took their ball and went home .

There is a lot of stuff here that i have no interest in like the colour of a persons  hair,  preferences in music, memes  etc but i just  ignore it and go for the good stuff   

Ps "walls of text"?  Been a long time since i wrote what i consider a wall of text (over a 1000 words)   but then, some people think that more than 10 words is too long,  and too hard to follow

Edited by Mr Walker

3 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

You don't care so much that you continue to converse with him. Just put him on ignore and go your happy little way. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Asking such a thing has been done too many times to no avail.

Just now, XenoFish said:

Asking such a thing has been done too many times to no avail.

This is like waking up, over and over again, with the radio playing I Got You, Babe.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

There's no objective evidence of anything "perfect," plus most people can't even seem to adequately define it objectively. Perfection seems to merely be a human invention.

What’s wrong with perfect the way I described it?  The way things are.  OMG.  The patterns are everywhere.  There’s so much to it.  

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

This is like waking up, over and over again, with the radio playing I Got You, Babe.

That’s nice.  But also creepy.  FWIW.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

What’s wrong with perfect the way I described it?  The way things are.  OMG.  The patterns are everywhere.  There’s so much to it.  

I'll settle for copacetic, myself.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

That’s nice.  But also creepy.  FWIW.

Groundhog's Day, Bill Murray, deja vu.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aquila King said:

I'd love to see some statistics and/or studies to prove most of mankind to be better than our base instincts, cause sometimes it's hard to believe such a simple notion to be true...

We have rules and laws based on intellectual concepts, values, principles, and beliefs.  

So, if we kill another deliberately,  it is murder or manslaughter.  If we take another person sexually without informed consent, it is rape 

We have the same base instincts as all primates, but when an ape, chimpanzee, or monkey  kills its rival, and all its rival's children, and takes the female by force, we see nothing wrong in that, because the ape is just following it's basic instincts.

Most people follow the rules and laws, showing that we can control our primate instincts 

6 minutes ago, Guyver said:

What’s wrong with perfect the way I described it?  

Because it's only one of countless other individual definitions of "perfection." It suggests that perfection is merely subjective.

7 minutes ago, Guyver said:

The way things are.  OMG.  The patterns are everywhere.  There’s so much to it.  

Are you seriously arguing the universe is perfect?...

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

The ragged people.

I thought it meant cellar rats