Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't believe you

Jodie.Lynne

4 hours ago, danydandan said:

I would have assumed it was, FDS.

Food, Drink & Sex.

Close.  Guess again.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:46 PM, Mr Walker said:

My point was precisely this. Without faith (but with the rest of our self aware intelligence warning us of dangers and risks),  we would never get out of bed, let alone cross a street, or drive a car, or go in an aeroplane 

Hi Walker

I get out of bed because of my eyeballs opened and maybe I don't worry/think about things that much.

jmccr8

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

I get out of bed because of my eyeballs opened and maybe I don't worry/think about things that much.

jmccr8

I think he is projecting, that he couldn’t function without faith.

We sure we know we can and do. 

I think MW should use his faith to get out and live his life. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sherapy said:

For me, I can’t even fathom how a god would eternally punish and make laws that could be broken. Not much of a god, especially the way human’s have set it up is that this god is beyond human understanding and comprehension. 

Also this god has been defined as all good, either god is all good, incapable of harm, the smartest... or the idea is in error. 

In fact, evidence is ruining religion, it is getting harder and harder to fear monger/sell the idea. 

This god to shall pass. IMHO

All religion is based on a lie.  As the lie begins to unravel...it gets harder and harder to promote the lie.  There will always be those however who will not question the lie because they simply believe it to be true and that is their choice.  But you are right...all Empires pass...and all civilizations pass...and all Gods pass.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After his latest futile attempt to equate a reasonable expectation, with faith, I've decided to finally block the 'wunda from down unda".

Webster defines 'faith as:

1a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty lost faith in the company's president

b(1) : fidelity to one's promises

(2) : sincerity of intentions acted in good faith

2a(1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God

(2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion

b(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return

(2) : complete trust

3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction especially : a system of religious beliefs

Definition (2)b(1) sums up the religious view: belief for which there is no proof.

Theists, especially dishonest or disingenuous, ones, often try to equate their religious 'belief' with reasonable expectations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

After his latest futile attempt to equate a reasonable expectation, with faith, I've decided to finally block the 'wunda from down unda".

Definition (2)b(1) sums up the religious view: belief for which there is no proof.

Theists, especially dishonest or disingenuous, ones, often try to equate their religious 'belief' with reasonable expectations.

Love “The wunda from down unda” 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Ignoring him is futile, since everyone here and their pet ferret will still quote him, ad infinitum.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Who are you trying to kid ? Answer: Yourself ! Oh,wait, I forgot, you don't have the nagging doubts, you just have this extreme curiosity about people who have "faith", and wonder what that would feel like, of course you do ! :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Ignoring him is futile, since everyone here and their pet ferret will still quote him, ad infinitum.

yeah, but at least it will cut down on a little of the garbage.

Were I a mod, I'd curtail quoting an entire post to respond to one sentence.

But, who am I? I'm just an aardvark....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

yeah, but at least it will cut down on a little of the garbage.

Were I a mod, I'd curtail quoting an entire post to respond to one sentence.

But, who am I? I'm just an aardvark....

"Now, you are lost in the dream with the rest of us."

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

That is why I don’t and he could change, call me Pollyanna, but I have seen some amazing turn arounds. 

Paranoid Android is a case in point. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

"Now, you are lost in the dream with the rest of us."

more like a friggin nightmare.....

• Haha 1

Just now, Sherapy said:

That is why I don’t and he could change, call me Pollyanna, but I have seen some amazing turn arounds. 

You are a better human than me my friend.

That particular cheetah couldn't (or won't) change his spots, even if you gave him five gallons of checkered paint!

• Haha 1

Just now, Jodie.Lynne said:

You are a better human than me my friend.

That particular cheetah couldn't (or won't) change his spots, even if you gave him five gallons of checkered paint!

Remember Zero from back i the day, we used to call him Zero Effect, he was similar said his parents needed to tie him up and put him in the closet, we called him Zero Effect cuz he just advocated for abuse etc. then one day he changed  made a public post thanked all of us, do you remember him? 

Jod’s people do change girl. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sherapy said:

Yes, some people do. BUT, they have to first see a reason for change, and then they have to WANT to change. MW seems quite happy with his version of reality, and has no desire to change his opinion. For whatever reason. If it works for him, en sh'Allah, then it is right. For him.

But YOU, Shere, ma cheri, continue to be the beacon of light, and tolerance. You make me aspire to be better. >HUGS<

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Yes, some people do. BUT, they have to first see a reason for change, and then they have to WANT to change. MW seems quite happy with his version of reality, and has no desire to change his opinion. For whatever reason. If it works for him, en sh'Allah, then it is right. For him.

But YOU, Shere, ma cheri, continue to be the beacon of light, and tolerance. You make me aspire to be better. >HUGS<

Aw shucks you are most likely right my friend, I am most

likely wrong on this one. 

Although, I see cracks in the fundation at times, 

Edited by Sherapy

43 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Paranoid Android is a case in point. 

Well, a case, at any rate, of extreme flip-flops.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

more like a friggin nightmare.....

Well, it certainly was for Navarre and Isabeau. Personally, the only one who can give me nightmares is me.

Who's Jod ?

~

9 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Close.  Guess again.

Drugs, Sex and Rock 'n' Roll.

Got it. 

Unless you're Country Music fan, if that is the case, that sucks and I feel sorry for you. 

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Remember Zero from back i the day, we used to call him Zero Effect, he was similar said his parents needed to tie him up and put him in the closet, we called him Zero Effect cuz he just advocated for abuse etc. then one day he changed  made a public post thanked all of us, do you remember him? 

You certainly have, in the course of our meetings, here, you who profess no Faith yet move as if the object of someone else's, as the arrow springs from the bow, no hesitation, no doubt. For you a Sonnet.

When, in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man’s art and that man’s scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least;
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
(Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth) sings hymns at heaven’s gate;
       For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings
       That then I scorn to change my state with kings.   Sonnet 29
(And if I should, perchance, reach Heaven's Gate, a hymn for you of my own device I will sing....)

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I don't know Sher, I think people just find out who they really are, their conflict within themselves, which is projected outward, comes from not accepting it.

Once we accept who we are, I think the projection and internal conflict ends. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

Once we accept who we are, I think the projection and internal conflict ends. 

It can be both. You should've seen my interactions back when I started here. 

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Jodie Lynne.

~

[00.03:00]

Jodie, Jodie... Jodie Lynne... 

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1