Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't believe you

Jodie.Lynne

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Here's something to think about. Since God can not be known or defined. Then all believers are worshiping false gods. Every single one of them. 

I like to read how you came to your statement that "God can not be known or defined."

You are now requested to do some critical thinking on how you think as to come to your sweeping statement that "God can not be known or defined."

Dear readers of this thread, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to read from Xeno, how he came to make the sweeping statement that "God can not be known or defined."

I am very disappointed that in addition to not doing intelligent thinking at all, members here are into in particular the un-intelligent thinking manner of un-critical employment of their brain.

Here is how to think on God exists or not, critically:

1. Define your concept of God, and please abstain from saying that God is a flying spaghetti monster, as from one Bertrand Russell who in bad faith wants to insist that God is no different from an orbiting teapot in space - no matter how he in greater bad faith seeks to justify his bad faith by talking about methodology of correct thinking.

2. Once you have come to concur with fellow humans who are intelligent and engaged in critical thinking, on the concept of God, namely, that God is first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning . . .

3, You go forth into the realm of existence that is outside of your brain, to search for evidence pointing to the existence of God.

4. No need to go far and wide and long and high and deep, just look at the nose on your face, touch it, as you see yourselves in the mirror.

5. There, the nose is one piece of evidence for the existence of God, considering that your nose is not falling off uncertainly, until you reach the disintegration of your body in death.

Now, let us all sit back and await with bated breath for atheists to present their intelligent and critical exposition on how there is no God.

26 minutes ago, oslove said:

I like to read how you came to your statement that "God can not be known or defined."

You are now requested to do some critical thinking on how you think as to come to your sweeping statement that "God can not be known or defined."

Dear readers of this thread, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to read from Xeno, how he came to make the sweeping statement that "God can not be known or defined."

I am very disappointed that in addition to not doing intelligent thinking at all, members here are into in particular the un-intelligent thinking manner of un-critical employment of their brain.

Did you copy paste this from another thread you posted in with the same response to another person?  Is it "bated breath" or "baited breath"? 

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Did you copy paste this from another thread you posted in with the same response to another person?  Is it "bated breath" or "baited breath"? 

Probably. Best to ignore him, as it seems there is no potential for an actual discussion. The results will always be, "you're unintelligent", something like that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Probably. Best to ignore him, as it seems there is no potential for an actual discussion. The results will always be, "you're unintelligent", something like that. 

Yeah, I noticed that.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Essan said:

and yet all I have to do is say sorry on my death bed and I go to heaven. 

Yes, but you have to really, really, REALLY mean it!

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Here's something to think about. Since God can not be known or defined. Then all believers are worshiping false gods. Every single one of them. 

Philosophically god is defended as infinite perfection to establish that god is beyond human comprehension. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oslove said:

Dear readers, Let us sit back and press the ignore button on this poncy prat who is such a pontificating self-aggrandizing git, that I smell the bitter tang of sock puppetry at best, and troll kin at worst.

Avoid the Xmas rush, and join the BLOCK party now.

This has been a PSA from the Unintelligent Posters, Yearning for Opulent, Useful Responses Society. UPYOURS, for short.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Philosophically god is defended as infinite perfection to establish that god is beyond human comprehension. 

Yet perfection is a concept, not a real thing. So god is an idea.

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

that I smell the bitter tang of sock puppetry at best, and troll kin at worst.

I get the feeling that some of the obvious trolls are someone who used to post here a lot before getting permanently banned. I can't say because I have no proof or evidence. But I do seem to be the target of this "trolling" effort. 

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Yet perfection is a concept, not a real thing. So god is an idea.

No argument from me on that, just letting you know that Philosophically (across the board) god is defined as infinite perfection. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sherapy said:

No argument from me on that, just letting you know that Philosophically (across the board) god is defined as infinite perfection. 

Why do you think I call God an idea.:tu:

Isn't that what all of these discussions are about. The idea of god. An individuals or group concept of deity. Since we have no evidence said being exist, we have no god to really discuss. Only what people think god is or should be. It's all make-believe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Depends.

You been eatin' sardines?

Harte

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why do you think I call God an idea.:tu:

Isn't that what all of these discussions are about. The idea of god. An individuals or group concept of deity. Since we have no evidence said being exist, we have no god to really discuss. Only what people think god is or should be. It's all make-believe.

Right, we cannot prove/disprove  god, but we can argue for or against many aspects of infinite perfection. 

When I took Philosophy it was required, the professor assigned many papers where we had to do both. 

The point isn’t to prove god but to use facts when arguing for or against to support the idea of god. 

Most of the posts on here from the religious bunch are silly to say the least.

You would love Philosophy 

https://www.straighterline.com/online-college-courses/humanities/introduction-to-philosophy/

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Yes, but you have to really, really, REALLY mean it!

Because He'll know if you really really mean it.

6FnI.gif

Harte

4 minutes ago, Harte said:

Depends.

You been eatin' sardines?

Harte

That's what I was thinking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You would love Philosophy 

Who knows. Maybe I'm a natural philosopher?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

No thanks I'm cheap. I'll just make it up as I go.

Now that's philosophy!

Harte

• Haha 5

Careful.

Philosophers have provided several "proofs" of the existence of God.

Harte

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

In many ways, I've always felt that philosophy was just a poetic/catchy version of common sense.

You can sign up for a free trial and just sample the course, 

It is the best of the best minds in humanity. 

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You can sign up for a free trial and just sample the course, 

It is the best of the best minds in humanity. 

Nah, I'm kinda iffy about something that wants a lot of my info. Plus I saw psychology not philosophy listed in the free trial. 

Edited by XenoFish