Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't believe you

Jodie.Lynne

3 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Is this relevant to the ongoing discussion or the premise of the topic conveyed in the OP? 

Or are you just preachy preachy preachin?

Just a quick one for ye, if Jesus died for all our sins ( past, present and future). If no body ever sins, would his death have been in-vein? Which leads to another question, if we don't sin is not sinning a sin because we let Jesus die in-vein?

Man is hopelessly depraved without Christ and entirely incapable of not sinning. If Christ did not die and rise again, all men would be on the path to Hell with no chance of escape. Accepting Jesus Christ as the atonement for sin is the only way for sinful man to escape the wrath of God and become a child of God.

I apologize if I am somewhat off topic. But I thought this thread was to debate the existence of God?

Horus you mean. Because it's highly likely that the story of Jesus is just another take on the Horus myth.

• Thanks 1

Well there would always be all those ancient pagans who sinned Pre-Jesus.

1 minute ago, Sword of the LORD said:

Man is hopelessly depraved without Christ and entirely incapable of not sinning. If Christ did not die and rise again, all men would be on the path to Hell with no chance of escape. Accepting Jesus Christ as the atonement for sin is the only way for sinful man to escape the wrath of God and become a child of God.

I apologize if I am somewhat off topic. But I thought this thread was to debate the existence of God?

Mankind is depraved with God as well. Blood on their hands due to religious wars. Catholicism has a pedo problem. Religiously motivated terrorist love blowing themselve up in crowds for the glory of God. 

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Mankind is depraved with God as well. Blood on their hands due to religious wars. Catholicism has a pedo problem. Religiously motivated terrorist love blowing themselve up in crowds for the glory of God. 

There are only two kinds of people is this world, lost and saved. Both kinds are sinners, the only difference being the latter have all their sins (past, present, future) forgiven. 

Just now, Sword of the LORD said:

There are only two kinds of people is this world, lost and saved. Both kinds are sinners, the only difference being the latter have all their sins (past, present, future) forgiven. 

So nothing more than the illusion of spiritual catharsis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sword of the LORD said:

The topic of the thread is why do you bother arguing for or against the existence of a God.

We human were horrendous, horrible blood thirsting beings before Jesus was apparently around, and his existence has nothing to abate our thirst. Then, now or forever. Most of the horrendous acts carried out by us were draped under the guise of, proclaiming his will.

But anyways welcome to the forums, and stop preaching.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

So nothing more than the illusion of spiritual catharsis. 

Nothing illusory about it my friend. Man is utterly depraved and incapable of pleasing God outside of Christ. The moment a man believes of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, all of their sins are forgiven and God imputed to them the righteousness of Christ. 

Just now, Sword of the LORD said:

Nothing illusory about it my friend. Man is utterly depraved and incapable of pleasing God outside of Christ. The moment a man believes of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, all of their sins are forgiven and God imputed to them the righteousness of Christ. 

So you're an idol worshipper. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

The topic of the thread is why do you bother arguing for or against the existence of a God.

We human were horrendous, horrible blood thirsting beings before Jesus was apparently around, and his existence has nothing to abate our thirst. Then, now or forever. Most of the horrendous acts carried out by us were draped under the guise of, proclaiming his will.

But anyways welcome to the forums, and stop preaching.

Thank you for the welcome. But the verses I quoted above were indeed for the purpose of proving the existence of God. I reccommend that you read 1 John.

Just now, XenoFish said:

So you're an idol worshipper. 

By there very nature, all false religions are idol worship. 

Worshipping Almighty God who was made manifest in human flesh is as far from idolatry as one can get. 

34 minutes ago, Sword of the LORD said:

1 John: 7-8 There are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, the blood, and the water: and these three agree in one.

Blondie:

In the sun I'm waiting for the day
Having fun in warm far away
Moonlight nights water seems so clear
Oh city lights while I'm still waiting here
In the sun it's for everyone
In the sun were gonna have some fun
In the sun were gonna shoot the tube
I'll do it for you my paka lola luau love

Edited by toast

9 minutes ago, Sword of the LORD said:

Thank you for the welcome. But the verses I quoted above were indeed for the purpose of proving the existence of God. I reccommend that you read 1 John.

Again:

9 minutes ago, Sword of the LORD said:

The topic of the thread is WHY do you bother arguing for or against the existence of a God.

Quoting scripture is no way of proving anything. 

Also, I've read enough 'holy' books to know they are all full of contradictory nonsensical crap. That includes Jewish, Islamic, Christian, Hindi, Buddhism and quite a bit more.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sword of the LORD said:

By there very nature, all false religions are idol worship. 

Worshipping Almighty God who was made manifest in human flesh is as far from idolatry as one can get. 

All religions are false. Created by people. Old ideas crafted with new ones. An ever evolving memetic virus. Your religion is just as false as the rest. Your god is just an idea. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Again:

Quoting scripture is no way of proving anything. 

It is if that Scripture is inspired by the Holy Ghost. Remember, it is the Spirit who bears witness in the earth.

12 minutes ago, Sword of the LORD said:

What a manipulative, controlling god that must be to require such and separate people based on what myth they believe.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

What a manipulative, controlling god that must be to require such and separate people based on what myth they believe.

That's how cults work. "We" are chosen, "They" are evil.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sword of the LORD said:

It is if that Scripture is inspired by the Holy Ghost. Remember, it is the Spirit who bears witness in the earth.

You can't know that it is, either can anyone else. Tell me who wrote these scriptures?

And once again, why are you arguing for the existence of God?

Edited by danydandan

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

All religions are false. Created by people. Old ideas crafted with new ones. An ever evolving memetic virus. Your religion is just as false as the rest. Your god is just an idea. 

Your assumptions are incapable of verification. Have you traversed the entire length and breadth of creation in order to arrive at your conclusion? Saying there is no God is just as valid as saying there are no new species of animal awaiting scientific discovery. 

They didn't know what mental illness was in those days. So any crazy could claim divine inspiration.

Your assumptions are incapable of verification

As are yours! 

• Like 4

Your assumptions are incapable of verification. Have you traversed the entire length and breadth of creation in order to arrive at your conclusion? Saying there is no God is just as valid as saying there are no new species of animal awaiting scientific discovery. 

Have you?  Your assumptions are as incapable of verification as any one else's.

1 minute ago, Sword of the LORD said:

Can you show me physical proof of god. Where god came from? What created God? Where did gods creator come from? What is god made of? What is God's creator made of? 

I could go on and on.

• Thanks 1

Saying there is no God is just as valid as saying there are no new species of animal awaiting scientific discovery. 

Creationism-O-Meter is ringing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2