Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't believe you

Jodie.Lynne

13 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Then you have been pampered, congratulations. I’ve seen my share and usually starting with a disagreement/fight/etc. for the most asinine reasons. 

cormac

Nothing to do with being pampered, it just is not a typical profile of violent offenders, and any suggestion to the contrary is typical disingenuous "team" BS. The nitwits would have us believe crime isn't largely drug-related, its "faith" related ! Stop telling lies.

Edited by Habitat

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Not in the States. as @Jodie.Lynne will tell you.

Christian Right Neos and NOA Black Muslims are the most violent of folks here. 

Most violent crime involves drugs, not "prayers", people who "prey", not those that "pray" !

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Most violent crime involves drugs, not "prayers", people who "prey", not those that "pray" !

Cite your source for this nonsense.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Nothing to do with being pampered, it just is not a typical profile of violent offenders, and any suggestion to the contrary is typical disingenuous "team" BS. The nitwits would have us believe crime isn't largely drug-related, its "faith" related ! Stop telling lies.

Who said anything about “typical”? You suggested they don’t exist because, as you stated:

I have met plenty of annoying Christians, but never a threatening or menacing one.

Needless to say you don’t remotely speak for what’s out there, but then I’d expect no less from “Team Sphincter-talkers”. 

cormac

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

absolutely agree!! good words, Hab;)

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Yes, common sense observation, most violent crime involves drugs and theft, not religious devotion !

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Who said anything about “typical”? You suggested they don’t exist because, as you stated:

Needless to say you don’t remotely speak for what’s out there, but then I’d expect no less from “Team Sphincter-talkers”. 

Cormac

The simple point seems to elude you, Christians are not a significant threat to life and limb, on the scale of violent offenders, well and truly down the list.

5 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

why is it nonsense? 

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

most violent crime involves

desperation, by people who feel they have no other option. Regardless of religiosity.

Shall I compile a list of heinous crimes committed by those who claim to be religious?

John Wayne Gacy, leaps to mind..... 

Crime

10 Heinous Crimes Committed By Religious Fanatics

https://listverse.com/2016/12/07/10-heinous-crimes-committed-by-religious-fanatics/

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 1

Just now, Jodie.Lynne said:

desperation, by people who feel they have no other option. Regardless of religiosity.

Shall I compile a list of heinous crimes committed by those who claim to be religious?

John Wayne Gacy, leaps to mind..... 

Thanks for confirming my description of you as a cherry-picker, and no, plenty of violent crime does not involve desperation, and is completely unnecessary.

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

1st on my list=Christians

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

why is it nonsense? 

Because he is talking out of his ****, to promote his agenda that theists are better people.

• Thanks 1

Because he is talking out of his ****, to promote his agenda that theists are better people.

Nowhere have I ever said that, at all. But it is past obvious that your agenda involves all the ills of the world, being dumped at the door of "religion". Get over your obsession.

so are you suggesting that drugs (& i feel a need to add alcohol here) are not a major reason for crime in basic normal life?

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Nowhere have I ever said that, at all. But it is past obvious that your agenda involves all the ills of the world, being dumped at the door of "religion". Get over your obsession.

You sir, are a narcissistic, self-aggrandizing prole. Afraid that you will die, unmourned, unloved, unrecognized for your "great and deep knowledge" of the universe and its workings.

You post fiats, and are astounded that the masses don't fall prostrate at your feet to hear your words of wisdom.

You are a truly sad individual, and I feel a deep sadness as I watch you devolve into a wretched ball of denial as the world passes you by.

You may think that I dislike, or hate you. You couldn't be farther from the truth though, as I pity you, and hope that you come to realize how sad and desperate you sound as you try to grasp greatness in your feeble fingers.

May your beliefs bring you comfort in your waning days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

so are you suggesting that drugs (& i feel a need to add alcohol here) are not a major reason for crime in basic normal life?

Not at all. BUT, impairment is NOT the major factor in criminal behavior.

Crimes are committed at ALL levels of society. A person making $100,000 dollars may commit a crime, but it will rarely involve violence or a weapon.

A person making $20,000 a year may commit a crime that involves weapons, drugs, and violence, because they don't have other options.

Google this: What is the average salary of embezzlers, VS the average salary of burglars, hold-up men, robbers. And who takes a bigger haul of loot? Pending capture and penalties, of course.

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 1

Just now, Jodie.Lynne said:

You sir, are a narcissistic, self-aggrandizing prole. Afraid that you will die, unmourned, unloved, unrecognized for your "great and deep knowledge" of the universe and its workings.

You post fiats, and are astounded that the masses don't fall prostrate at your feet to hear your words of wisdom.

You are a truly sad individual, and I feel a deep sadness as I watch you devolve into a wretched ball of denial as the world passes you by.

You may think that I dislike, or hate you. You couldn't be farther from the truth though, as I pity you, and hope that you come to realize how sad and desperate you sound as you try to grasp greatness in your feeble fingers.

May your beliefs bring you comfort in your waning days.

That is basically a commentary on yourself, not me. It is as plain as day that there is a group of people here,  who could be loosely profiled, as mainly American, brainwashed by religious dogma at a young age, rejected it but unable to get fully  over it, rebounded to the extreme of demonizing anything that smacks of religion, are obsessed with the OT because it supplies fuel to their goal of discrediting religion, and assume anyone that disagrees with their extremist view, is a "proselytizer". And that really is sad. What it really signifies, is that they do give a nod to religion, by obsessing about it, were it otherwise, it would not be a subject they would even bother discussing.

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

You mean cooked up numbers by an anti-religion website ? I don't care what people profess after being jailed for violent crimes, game over, but I'd be very confident stone-cold killers on the loose don't  "worship" in churches that much.

Hi Habitat

Your opinion has been duly noted and should you ever decide to give proper rebuttal I would be most interested.

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

The simple point seems to elude you, Christians are not a significant threat to life and limb, on the scale of violent offenders, well and truly down the list.

How do you know? Would you consider an inmate in a Federal Prison a violent offender and if so how do YOU know what percentage identify as Christian? 

cormac

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Habitat

Your opinion has been duly noted and should you ever decide to give proper rebuttal I would be most interested.

jmccr8

9 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

How do you know? Would you consider an inmate in a Federal Prison a violent offender and if so how do YOU know what percentage identify as Christian? 

cormac

I'd suggest you people take less notice off what people say after the doors of the slammer closes, and what they actually do, prior to conviction, in terms of religious affiliations. I'm sure the parole people would be quite familiar with reformed characters who "found God" in jail. A  shame they never did, earlier.

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'd suggest you people take less notice off what people say after the doors of the slammer closes, and what they actually do, prior to conviction, in terms of religious affiliations. I'm sure the parole people would be quite familiar with reformed characters who "found God" in jail. A shame they never did, earlier.

In other words you DON’T know. Thanks for that. 

Besides, Christians are just as capable of screwing up as anyone else. Can you show evidence the Parole Board keeps records of religiously reformed inmates or are you making that up as well?

cormac

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

In other words you DON’T know. Thanks for that. 

Besides, Christians are just as capable of screwing up as anyone else. Can you show evidence the Parole Board keeps records of religiously reformed inmates or are you making that up as well?

cormac

What a goose, are you trying to tell me, for example, the thousands killed by handgun wielding young thugs in the drug trade, who were on their way home from church ? Give yourself an uppercut, and knock some sense into yourself !

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

What a goose, are you trying to tell me, for example, the thousands killed by handgun wielding young thugs in the drug trade, who were on their way home from church ? Give yourself an uppercut, and knock some sense into yourself !

So you’re making crap up as to what religious, or not, affiliation those thugs belonged to. Sounds about right coming from you. You either have “some” facts to back that up or you don’t. So far it appears you don’t. 

cormac

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I have to disagree, from personal experience. I know many non-religious folk who join together for any number of social events, from helping to clean up a park, to helping at homeless shelters, to helping and teaching new players in a variety of tabletop games. I will admit that there are some religious folk mixed in, but these are basically secular events, and a participants religious convictions aren't a priority.

Hela, a year ago my daughter and a bunch of her friends donned costumes and visited the children's wards at Albany Medical Center. None of them are practicing any particular faith, nor was it a 'sponsored event' by an organization. Just a bunch of nerdy good people who got together to make the kids smile & forget their pain for  awhile.

True. BUT... What percentage of people go to clean up the park? What percentage go work at soup kitchens and homeless shelters? Point being, it is not really a high percentage. Even in the hippie North West, we only see several thousand people turn up to clean the beaches on clean up days, out of, what, 3 million...

I did say it can be done secularly, but I just don't see it done often, or by many. The thing I most often is sports related activities, and even then the people are watching their kids, or the game, and not actually loving on each other and socializing. Or at least not much.

So, I guess my question is: Who is the better human? The one who does good because they are expected to/are working for an afterlife reward? Or the ones who do it because it is what they choose to do, without expectation of praise or reward?

If you judge off actions. Then it is the actions that actually matter. Belief, or non-belief, should be ignored. Is a surgeon that beats his wife and kids performing any less a service to someone he operates on, then someone who serves in a soup kitchen in their off hours? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Harte said:

From Peter:

For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,

“‘The Lord said to my Lord:
    “Sit at my right hand
35 until I make your enemies
    a footstool for your feet.”’[f]

Acts 2:34

Harte

I think that (sit at my right hand) is probably a euphemism for "God is with you", for a time when David was alive, and thus hadn't been to Heaven. Clearly if his enemies were to be a footstool, he was still on Earth. That he didn't go to Heaven was probably a call toward Elisha and Enoch, since David is being called a Prophet here.

Or, at least my take on it. ;)

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1