Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't believe you

Jodie.Lynne

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Who is the bigger fool; the fool that argues or the fool that argues about all the arguing?

Who knows!?  I'd have to argue that that is a foolish argument!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

If it was me, I didn’t use the word stealing, this is habits own take on my post. 

Keep in mind this is a new installment of “how did Mr. Walker give away a million dollars” while feeding a household of 7, paying off debts for the foster families, etc etc. all on a teachers salary in a podunk town.” (To MW, I am paraphrasing which is an acceptable form of quoting). 

Hi Sherapy

Habitat may or may not remember that about 2 yrs ago I questioned Walker's ability to make such donations on a teacher's salary and calculated the annual income of teachers starting from 1970 when wages were 7000.00 per annum and worked up from there. At the time he was claiming to be in the top ten income bracket which I pointed out at that time was exclusively billionaires and that he was more in line with the middle class than top ten.

He has been a single income family for his whole married life and has had farm/acreage property costs, he had a tractor, motorcycle, and a car so one need to pay fuel, license, and maintenance. He also says he was invested in sports and equipment and travel are costs as well as taxes and maintenance of his property which he also built roads on. I never suggested that he was stealing or involved in illegal activities, I may have inferred that he was not being completely honest or exaggerating his generosity which is basically non-points in a discussion such as this.

jmccr8

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

So even a Canadian teacher would not be able to support a family of 7 AND donate a million dollars to charity unless it was over a 50 year period and they never took a vacation.

Australia does not pay as well as Canada, it seems, though the salaries are double that of most teachers in the U.S.

• Like 3

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

So even a Canadian teacher would not be able to support a family of 7 AND donate a million dollars to charity unless it was over a 50 year period and they never took a vacation.

Australia does not pay as well as Canada, it seems, though the salaries are double that of most teachers in the U.S.

Hi Desertrat

Yes, that is where we hit a wall with credibility with him. My mom was a teacher and my dad had a good position with the govt and we didn't live the high life but all our needs were taken care of.

jmccr8

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm doing all the repair work on a teacher friend's house for nothing because her salary is podunk and she's trying to support just 2 kids. 

Hi Piney

That is how I work my charity as well, help those I know to get a step up in life.:tu:

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Desertrat

Yes, that is where we hit a wall with credibility with him. My mom was a teacher and my dad had a good position with the govt and we didn't live the high life but all our needs were taken care of.

jmccr8

My mom was a teacher for 40 years and never made more than 40,000 a year, and that only because she had a masters degree in reading so she got a bit extra for special ed and having a masters degree.  Even now, my friends who are teachers make less than 40, 000 a year, and in the U.S. that does not pay all the bills unless you have no debt, which is unheard of.  :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Over a 40 yr period one would need to give 25,000.00 dollars a year so with a starting income of 7,000.00 dollars income it would not be possible to make such donations.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
spulling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Over a 40 yr period one would need to give 25,000.00 dollars a year so with a starting income of 7,000.00 dollars income it would not be possible to make such donations.

jmccr8

And with a starting salary of 65,000 it would still be difficult with a family of 7 to support.

• Like 4

Why do all of these thread tend to become about Walker?

Haven't we learned by now that Exaggeration is his first name.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe Australian teachers earn 3 times what canadian teachers earn.

I'm in Southern New Jersey. 

15 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Piney

That is how I work my charity as well, help those I know to get a step up in life.:tu:

jmccr8

Well since I lost my loot and licensing with a stiff prison sentence and a pile of cancer bills. I must do something.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why do all of these thread tend to become about Walker?

Haven't we learned by now that Exaggeration is his first name.

I simply stopped reading his post a while ago, now I only see them when he is quoted. I have never regretted that decision.

Ps: I have not put him on ignore. So far I haven't done that to anyone.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I simply stopped reading his post a while ago, now I only see them when he is quoted. I have never regretted that decision.

Ps: I have not put him on ignore. So far I haven't done that to anyone.

I've quit reading his post and have him on ignore. I personally got sick of seeing short novels revolving around how much more intelligent and better he is compared everyone else. I don't know why others choose to bother with him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Well since I lost my loot and licensing with a stiff prison sentence and a pile of cancer bills. I must do something.

Hi Piney

For me, those who give of themselves even though they are in tight times is the greatest gift because they are giving themselves, Kudos to you and you have my admiration.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Piney said:

Oh, ok.  So I know teachers in the U.S. don't earn enough to support themselves much less make HUGE contributions to charity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Oh, ok.  So I know teachers in the U.S. don't earn enough to support themselves much less make HUGE contributions to charity.

What you said about higher education earlier is true too. My sister has a PHD in biology and botany so no high school wanted her because they would have to pay her. Instead she taught in Europe, started a few Montessori schools and then finally taught at a college. Now she tools around studying plants and animals writing papers. 

We had a Montessori school right in this house. Insurance was too high though. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lightly said:

Who knows!?  I'd have to argue that that is a foolish argument!

And I'd have to take you, lightly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Piney said:

I'm doing all the repair work on a teacher friend's house for nothing because her salary is podunk and she's trying to support just 2 kids. 

I know a teacher with a Masters in English, (in California we do have higher salaries) who is single and could not survive on her own without working summers and overtime. She does own a home but she lives on a budget.

Now a Professor is different they do tend to make much more. 

I seriously considered being a teacher and passed as there is no money in it, it is a labor of love.

I would have started at $12.00 dollars an hour. I tutored rich kids instead. 

Now, with the online virtual academies ( non union) it is even lower and it has no benefits.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

I know a teacher with a Masters in English, (in California we do have higher salaries) who is single and could not survive on her own without working summers and overtime. She does own a home but she lives on a budget.

This place is a close to 200 year old monstrosity but she does own it and family members have done all the repairs like me. She also always followed the Quaker rule of simple living and raising much of her own food and we both cook. 

Plus, like me she made money with her hobbies. 

........well, I lost much money with that whole 3 decades of Bigfoot hunting but it was fun comparing notes with @psyche101 about the things we never found. :yes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

$68 thousand is top end and it has to be a masters degree too, you could not support a family of 7 on that. But we are talking years ago so MW’s salary was maybe $60 grand to end on after 30 years. 

Then give millions away, while paying off all your foster kids debt and supporting their kids. 

Of course, this is an exaggeration it was on the heels of AK’s post who was saying the same thing his mother who is a teacher with a Masters and lives pay check to pay check. Walker swooped in as an opportunity to brag implying that he is the one teacher in the world who was the exception. 

He also threw in his siblings are all millionaires, this is his new tale. It is always to boost his ego after he loses an argument, or gets refuted. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi Sherapy

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

He also threw in his siblings are all millionaires, this is his new tale. It is always to boost his ego after he loses an argument, or gets refuted. 

To be fair he has mentioned them before when I was trying to understand the who was who in the criminal element was in his family that he was talking about but that aspect is his inlaws.

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Piney said:

I'm about as far North and West as you can get.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Not if they own medium size stations (livestock farms) they aren't. 

Taxes, paying the help, livestock feed, seed, maintenance ,insurance, propane, electric, petrol and diesel all add up. Mid size places break even and most owners have outside incomes. Only the big corporate farms make millions. 

My place just paid for itself, which is all I wanted it to do and I outright owned it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

I'm about as far North and West as you can get.

Stop in on the Ramapoughs and kick my cousin Chief Vinnie right in the ass. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1