Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't believe you

Jodie.Lynne

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Have you noticed how often that happens?

It's your animal magnetism hun, you attract animals...

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

It's your animal magnetism hun, you attract animals...

I attract trolls.:td:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I attract trolls.:td:

LOL trolls are animals too!

Okay, let's have a rational discussion. Part of the reason believers continue to try and prove the existence of God is because their Scriptures command evangelization. 

Just now, Sword of the LORD said:

Okay, let's have a rational discussion. Part of the reason believers continue to try and prove the existence of God is because their Scriptures command evangelization. 

You mean indoctrination. No amount of scripture will prove anything. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

You mean indoctrination. No amount of scripture will prove anything. 

But according to believers, Scripture is divinely inspired. Which means God can speak through Scripture and reveal Himself to a man's spirit. 

• Like 2

But according to believers, Scripture is divinely inspired. Which means God can speak through Scripture and reveal Himself to a man's spirit. 

The key word is believe. Just because someone believes something, doesn't make it a fact or even real. That's what leads to Jonestown. It also leads to terror cells. Belief is what keeps flat earthers and anti-vaxxers going. It's what leads parents to deny medical treatment for a health issue, which results in a their kids death. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sword of the LORD said:

>>SNIP<<  Part of the reason believers continue to try and prove the existence of God is because their Scriptures command evangelization. 

Fair enough, your religion dictates that you share your beliefs.

What is the other part of your reason for doing so?

Just now, XenoFish said:

The key word is believe. Just because someone believes something, doesn't make it a fact or even real. That's what leads to Jonestown. It also leads to terror cells. Belief is what keeps flat earthers and anti-vaxxers going. It's what leads parents to deny medical treatment for a health issue, which results in a their kids death. 

Belief is what also provides comfort, peace, and hope for the future to untold millions. Belief in God has resulted in putting others before oneself, Christians donate more to charity than any other demographic. I am sure there are similar statistics for other religious faiths. Belief in God provides peace to those on their death bed, and comfort to those who have lost a loved one. Faith does have untold merits. 

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Fair enough, your religion dictates that you share your beliefs.

What is the other part of your reason for doing so?

Because I don't want anyone to suffer eternal torment in Hell. 

• Haha 1

Christians donate more to charity than any other demographic.

You have a source for this claim?

While belief can be a positive thing and have positive benefits, belief can also lead to some very negative results, especially for those who subscribe to a different belief/faith.

3 minutes ago, Sword of the LORD said:

Belief is what also provides comfort, peace, and hope for the future to untold millions. Belief in God has resulted in putting others before oneself, Christians donate more to charity than any other demographic. I am sure there are similar statistics for other religious faiths. Belief in God provides peace to those on their death bed, and comfort to those who have lost a loved one. Faith does have untold merits. 

It's all a lie. It might make people feel good about something, but it is all based on lies. Just stories. How many times has a Christian donated without an agenda? How many only act good and kind out of the fear of hellfire? Optimism is it's own curse. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sword of the LORD said:

Because I don't want anyone to suffer eternal torment in Hell. 

And this is where the trolley goes off the rails.

You believe in a creator that made a special place for people who he doesn't like, then you feel the need to share your faith, and the horrors of not believing, because your holy book tells you too.

Not a very compelling reason to fall on my knees and start praying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Underneath it all Christianity is selfish. Perhaps the embodiment of selfishness. Thinking that they are more important than anyone else because they are saved. That their god will answer their prayers because they are the chosen few. That they are free of sin while others are damned to hellfire. Raising themselves up as if they are somehow greater than the rest. Is that not egotistical?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jodie.Lynne said:

And this is where the trolley goes off the rails.

You believe in a creator that made a special place for people who he doesn't like, then you feel the need to share your faith, and the horrors of not believing, because your holy book tells you too.

Not a very compelling reason to fall on my knees and start praying.

Faith through fear is not authentic. Faith through trust is, trust can be shown, it can be proven. I see no real proof of gods love. Just confirmation bias.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Sword of the LORD said:

(..) Christians donate more to charity than any other demographic.

a.) to back the claim, pls provide an associated study, conducted by a religion independent organization

b.) pls provide information about the amount of donated money, and other values like properties , those went direct into the hidden cash boxes of the Vatican.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sword of the LORD said:

Christians donate more to charity than any other demographic.

I'd check those stats. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'd check those stats. :rolleyes:

Is Bill Gates Christian? Also there are Saudi princes who have literally given Billions to charity. So I'd say that perhaps the most generous man ever is Bill Gates, and I assume he is an Atheist.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

Is Bill Gates Christian? Also there are Saudi princes who have literally given Billions to charity. So I'd say that perhaps the most generous man ever is Bill Gates, and I assume he is an Atheist.

One also have to consider that in some countries the government takes care of things that needs private charity in other countries. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

True Charity is not measured by the largest monetary quantity, but by the sacrifice of the self. As far as the Christians go, and what Jesus taught, when it comes to money given as charity, there are no true Christians, unless all is given.

As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. 3“Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.” .

Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18“Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “ ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19honor your father and mother,’ c and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’ d

20“All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Horus you mean. Because it's highly likely that the story of Jesus is just another take on the Horus myth.

I don't buy that.

Harte

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Well there would always be all those ancient pagans who sinned Pre-Jesus.

They say Jesus went and got them out.

Harte

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harte said:

They say Jesus went and got them out.

Harte

Just hearsay. Facts and numbers?.