Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't believe you

Jodie.Lynne

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I've never seen or heard of a person telling people to believe in any scientific theories blindly. 

Can you provide a few names of these preachers?

Bill Nye is one who comes to mind that you may have heard of.  He earns a living teaching science, not practicing it.  I don't know his background but he denies possibilities without all the information, which is not scientific thinking.    Usually, though, it is people like some on this forum who like to say often "That never happened" when they don't have all the information and are not interested in the information.  A real scientist knows he/she does not know everything about science or the universe and is willing to investigate or at least allow that they do not know everything.  Science is about figuring things out and proving or disproving theories, not about declaring what is possible and what is not.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pettytalk said:

Apparently you don't understand the ways of the world, as your evolutionary god is meaner than a junkyard dog. It's a dog eat dog kind of world we all live in. And all kidding aside, we are all in hell already, some doing hard time, and others easy time. We have forgotten our crimes and the reason why we are here doing "time."  And that is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God.

We are prisoners of time........serving time. When we die we realize and remember our crimes, and we are quickly sent back here to serve out our sentences, if our time is not up. Those that have completed the sentence will not return here, and will be released to liberty in our blissful true world, free for the pursuit of our happiness. Commit another crime in our blissful state, and back here you come, for another pleasant stay at the hotel California.

True love hurts for good!

You almost sound like you think I deserve to be punished. Why do you think I deserve that ?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Bill Nye is one who comes to mind that you may have heard of.  He earns a living teaching science, not practicing it.  I don't know his background but he denies possibilities without all the information, which is not scientific thinking. 

What possibilities does he deny?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

What possibilities does he deny?

OK.  I misspoke, it was not Bill Nye.  I have actually just watched several of Bill Nye's youtube videos and he is very entertaining and not denying anything.  He did a good piece on why Noah's Arc is unbelievable as a literal story though.  I will find the scientist I was thinking of when I have more time.

49 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You almost sound like you think I deserve to be punished. Why do you think I deserve that ?

You can think for yourself and figure out he spouts dreck. :yes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

You can think for yourself and figure out he spouts dreck. :yes:

Pseudo-intellectual.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Bill Nye is one who comes to mind that you may have heard of.  He earns a living teaching science, not practicing it.  I don't know his background but he denies possibilities without all the information, which is not scientific thinking.    Usually, though, it is people like some on this forum who like to say often "That never happened" when they don't have all the information and are not interested in the information.  A real scientist knows he/she does not know everything about science or the universe and is willing to investigate or at least allow that they do not know everything.  Science is about figuring things out and proving or disproving theories, not about declaring what is possible and what is not.

I know of Bill Nye, I've watched his shows. 

He doesn't deny possibilities, his opinion is however evidence based. Like everyone's should be. I'm going to have to ask for examples of his denialism.

Also Bill Nye might be an engineer by qualification, but he has far more of a scientific mind than the vast majority of people practicing.

And a byproduct of science is being able to state the possibilities of events. 

Edit: No need to reply I've just seen your last message.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You know why. 

All of us non members know too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Pseudo-intellectual.

That's an oxymoron isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You know why. 

All of us non members know too.

I know you know, but I don't know how he know.

• Like 4

On a more serious note I would very much like to know why someone like @Pettytalk thinks I deserve gods punishment ? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I know you know, but I don't know how he know.

I'm still getting punished for quite Depak Chopra, or whatever his name is. @Sherapy is always giving me stick for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

On a more serious note I would very much like to know why someone like @Pettytalk thinks I deserve gods punishment ? 

"Petty" talk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Wouldn't be much of a deity if the deity didn't invoke some punishment for not believing he was a deity.

I mentioned Cogito Ergo Sum earlier, well the whole argument that, that saying is derived from would crumble away without the bedrock of that believe. Some people believe it so much that you not believing may crack or chip that bedrock. That bedrock must be eternal, thus beliefs in God must by their nature ensure that non believers are punished. No matter how good that non believer is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Because you do not conform to his model of reality, thus making you wrong and deserving of eternal punishment. Sheep, sheep, sheeple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The biggest problem with certain beliefs is how big a jerk they can make someone. I mean, even more so than myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The biggest problem with certain beliefs is how big a jerk they can make someone. I mean, even more so than myself. 

Some of us likes your jerkyness. :P

It's the defining feature of the XenoFish.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Some of us likes your jerkyness. :P

It's the defining feature of the XenoFish.

I consider it more, snarky sarcasm. Than being a jerk. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I consider it more, snarky sarcasm. Than being a jerk. 

Hey sarcasm is my thing. <_<

• Like 2

Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Hey sarcasm is my thing. <_<

Okay, okay. How about snarky cynicism? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Okay, okay. How about snarky cynicism? 

Fits you perfectly. :tu:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said: