Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is lab-grown meat environmentally friendly ?

UM-Bot

Same problem with electric car... the only way to reduce pollution effectively is to cut energy needs and not to find new energy sources.

• Like 1

Livestock live in fields. Why not stick wind turbines in them to counterbalance the emissions? The power generated goes to the farm and to the local population. Also what about overhead solar panel systems with gaps between each panel to let the sunlight through to the ground. Lastly I've wondered about sticking hollow cables across the fields, and sliding down them vertical wind turbines in a horizontal ladder or stepped configuration. Each has a generator at either end, one is the stator the other the armature. One turbine turns upwards and the other downwards. That way like two trains heading towards each other on the same track the relative speed in relation to each other is doubled. The power cables go down the hollow support cable to masters at either end and the whole system hangs up like a long row of back garden washing lines on a breezy day.

I=-=-=-=I

Edited by cyclopes500

What we need is some fresh lab grown brains ... glow in the dark brains .... now there's a thought

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm sure the meat packers union and cattle ranchers paid for this somehow.

To solve the methane issues with cows, all we need to do is put domes over all the grass field where cattle eat and catch all the methane and use it for fuel.  Of course that will be expensive.

Along the same lines, did anyone see or know about the solid fuel that all you need to do is add water or something like that. 60minutes had this on and I missed it and can't find anything on it on the net.

On 2/20/2019 at 11:06 AM, third_eye said:

What we need is some fresh lab grown brains ... glow in the dark brains .... now there's a thought

~

And just so we can see them glow in the dark we will glass skulls just like the aliens in the movie 'Mars attacks'

Edited by Ogbin
  • Haha 3

On 2/19/2019 at 1:46 PM, Jon the frog said:

Same problem with electric car... the only way to reduce pollution effectively is to cut energy needs and not to find new energy sources.

Back to horse and buggy and wax candles.  Heck skip the horse and hire a rickshaw to avoid the animal rights crowd. Maybe we just walk to avoid the human rights crowd as well.  Looking forward to no planes, cars and motorized transportation to give farting cows an opportunity to thrive!

On 2/22/2019 at 12:21 PM, Ogbin said:

And just so we can see them glow in the dark we will glass skulls just like the aliens in the movie 'Mars attacks'

Yak yak, yaka yake a yak.

• Haha 3

Let's give it a go ...

~

[00.03:23]

~

:gun:They'd do well to remember that Grandpa might be packin'   :w00t:

Edited by and then
  • Haha 1