Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who is Hoda Muthana?

ellapenella

Will she be let back in to the US?

Donald Trump has urged other western countries to repatriate captured fighters.

He said in a tweet: "The US does not want to watch as these ISIS fighters permeate Europe, which is where they are expected to go.

"We do so much, and spend so much – time for others to step up and do the job that they are so capable of doing."

Otherwise, he said, the US would be forced to release them.

http://bestwnews.com/world-news/who-is-hoda-muthana-us-isis-jihadi-bride-who-wants-to-return-home-from-syria/

I don't want her to be permitted to return back , no.  I don't trust it. 

The U.S  saved Omar  from a refugee camp in Yeman and now she's here in the U.S congress acting Un-American. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, you want to go against Trump in this?  Because he is saying the various countries should take them back, try them for any crimes commited, and the keep them.

• Like 2

I think he was in The Lion King. :unsure: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So, you want to go against Trump in this?  Because he is saying the various countries should take them back, try them for any crimes commited, and the keep them.

I don't want her back here, she should stay right where she's at, she made threats on American lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I think he was in The Lion King. :unsure: 

Was the lion king from Yeman, they are.

No, don't let her back in. She could be lying for all we know. Keep her out of the US.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

She's from Alabama, her dead husband was from Australia and the Lion King is from East Africa (Kenya or Tanzania).

When did the parents get here in the U.S from Yeman?

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

When did the parents get here in the U.S from Yeman?

Hoda Muthana was born and raised here in the US by US citizen parents. 

Are you saying we should pre-judge her based on where her ancestory is from or something?

4 minutes ago, Princess Serenity said:

No, don't let her back in. She could be lying for all we know. Keep her out of the US.

That's how I see it too.  For all we know she still hates the U.S and will maybe want to infiltrate it like Omar has. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Hoda Muthana was born and raised here in the US by US citizen parents. 

Are you saying we should pre-judge her based on where her ancestory is from or something?

Were they vetted in the first place? "merit based immigration". 

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 1

Going back to the original topic, I guess I agree with Trump.  They are still citizens of whatever country they are from and those countries should take responsibility for their wayward citizens. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Going back to the original topic, I guess I agree with Trump.  They are still citizens of whatever country they are from and those countries should take responsibility for their wayward citizens. 

She committed treason, she can go to Gitmo.

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

She committed treason, she can go to Gitmo.

Gitmo is a loophole to bypass our Constitution for foreign fighters.  It is already pushing the limits.  Putting Americans there just to deny them constitutional rights won't fly.  (Though I have to admit, Trump supporters have surprised me on how willing they are to trash that particular piece of paper lately)

• Like 2

Gitmo is a loophole to bypass our Constitution for foreign fighters.  It is already pushing the limits.  Putting Americans there just to deny them constitutional rights won't fly.  (Though I have to admit, Trump supporters have surprised me on how willing they are to trash that particular piece of paper lately)

How do you suppose that a holding place for enemies of war is a loophole? She joined the foreign fighters. She fought against the United States. What does the constitution say about that? 

13 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

How do you suppose that a holding place for enemies of war is a loophole? She joined the foreign fighters. She fought against the United States. What does the constitution say about that? 

The Constitution says you can't hold people indefinitely without a trial.  We get around that by saying that because they are in Cuba and they aren't Americans, the Constitution doesn't apply.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The Constitution says you can't hold people indefinitely without a trial.  We get around that by saying that because they are in Cuba and they aren't Americans, the Constitution doesn't apply.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

How does that apply to a person living in Syria?

• Like 1

Amendment VI

I don't know about that. I think there's something more to it. As far as I'm concerned she can stay over there . I don't believe her,  I  see her as a danger and more of a danger since she lost her beloved husband. If we let her back she'll do the things she told others to do .

She said these things. She should not be allowed back. She's a threat to our nation. She can't come back here.

Soon after, Muthana married her first husband, an Australian fighter called Suhan Rahman, who was killed in the city of Kobani in 2015. “Americans wake up! Men and women altogether. You have much to do while you live under our greatest enemy, enough of your sleeping!” Muthana tweeted after Rahman’s death. “Go on drivebys, and spill all of their blood, or rent a big truck and drive all over them. Veterans, Patriots, Memorial, etc day…Kill them.”

She would go on to become a prolific user of Twitter, inciting Americans to commit terror attacks at home. According to The Guardian, she claimed that her account had been taken over and used by ISIS as part of its propaganda outreach.

https://www.newsweek.com/american-isis-woman-come-home-hoda-muthana-syria-alabama-1334550

1 minute ago, Big Jim said:

How does that apply to a person living in Syria?

In two possible ways.  She gets tried in Syria under Syrian laws and serves her sentence and then gets deported back to the US if US laws don't apply.

Or (which is most likely the case in this instance) she gets tried in federal court for extraterritorial prosecution: https://www.fmamlaw.com/blog/2017/08/when-can-the-us-government-prosecute-someone-for-acts-abroad.shtml

Basically her crime would be against the United States as a whole and the whole country qualifies as the state and district.

• Like 3

I have to add, it isn't illegal for an American to go and fight and kill people overseas.  It's why Blackwater is a thing and these guys: https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-syria-american-militiamen-2019-htmlstory.html

We just have made specific laws regarding terrorists and aiding them that we prosecute here in the US.  If she hasn't broken any of these laws (pretty sure she did though), she is free to come and go to the US as she pleases. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

In two possible ways.  She gets tried in Syria under Syrian laws and serves her sentence and then gets deported back to the US if US laws don't apply.

Or (which is most likely the case in this instance) she gets tried in federal court for extraterritorial prosecution: https://www.fmamlaw.com/blog/2017/08/when-can-the-us-government-prosecute-someone-for-acts-abroad.shtml

Basically her crime would be against the United States as a whole and the whole country qualifies as the state and district.

Her crime may be against the United States, but the amendment you cited states that a person must be tried "wherein" the crime was committed.  I'm no legal scholar, but there seems to be ample wiggle room between those two terms.

Edited by Big Jim
dropped word
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I have to add, it isn't illegal for an American to go and fight and kill people overseas.  It's why Blackwater is a thing and these guys: https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-syria-american-militiamen-2019-htmlstory.html

We just have made specific laws regarding terrorists and aiding them that we prosecute here in the US.  If she hasn't broken any of these laws (pretty sure she did though), she is free to come and go to the US as she pleases. 

We've had laws against traitors at least since the time of Benedict Arnold.

• Thanks 1