Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who is Hoda Muthana?

ellapenella

13 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yup.  They had to go through this process to become citizens: https://immigration.findlaw.com/citizenship/the-basics-of-naturalization.html

She made a conscious choice and now she's going to ride it to its end.  One way or another.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Big Jim said:

How does that apply to a person living in Syria?

Who's also an enemy combatant?  If she comes back she should be tried for treason.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I think that is why we have codified laws that apply to all people rather than personal vendettas and revenge killings

Quite true and also the reason those who have broken the trust of the people in our laws should fear the consequences.  One side alone cannot get to determine which laws they'll obey and that's exactly what the Left has been doing with sanctuaries and refusing to prosecute people like HRC and the members of the FBI that have attempted a coup against a duly elected president.  It matters NOT whether they agree with this line of thinking or not.  THEY started us down this path and THEY will get burned by it as well.

Edited by and then
spelling

1 hour ago, and then said:

Quite true and also the reason those who have broken the trust of the people in our laws should fear the consequences.  One side alone cannot get to determine which laws they'll obey and that's exactly what the Left has been doing with sanctuaries and refusing to prosecute people like HRC and the members of the FBI that have attempted a coup against a duly elected president.  It matters NOT whether they agree with this line of thinking or not.  THEY started us down this path and THEY will get burned by it as well.

Yes. Yet, you can argue the application of a law and let the court decide the proper application of Constitutional principles.  AS far as  HRC, I don't know what happened to any sort of investigation.  If she is taken to court, justice should be applied.  But where is that missing investigation?  I think a lot of people wonder about that. Without facts, it is just a witch hunt.

As far as a coup, it would be so if these guys did not follow the Constitution.  If they believe they really have evidence for  application of the 25th, then they are doing their duty.  I think it takes 4 from the cabinet to concur.  If they bring it to the cabinet and do not get concurrence, and they stop, then it is not a coup as far as I can tell from reading a little bit.

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Man...you've done everything in your power to deflect on this topic lol

So a small time "news paper" in Alabama with maybe 30 readers is BIG TIME racism,yet most don't want to talk about Jussie and his ragtime band of CNN,MSNBC,late night talk shows,hollywood,and even politicians jumping on bandwagons left and right spreading "righteous" fake hate :lol:

Meh this may just be a non issue anyway...Pompeo today said she isn't a US citizen as her father was in a diplomat position at the time so...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

What about the 14th amendment of your constitution?

She committed treason against the U.S. I don't know how the 14th amendment can protect her.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Man...you've done everything in your power to deflect on this topic lol

So a small time "news paper" in Alabama with maybe 30 readers is BIG TIME racism,yet most don't want to talk about Jussie and his ragtime band of CNN,MSNBC,late night talk shows,hollywood,and even politicians jumping on bandwagons left and right spreading "righteous" fake hate :lol:

Meh this may just be a non issue anyway...Pompeo today said she isn't a US citizen as her father was in a diplomat position at the time so...

Mike Pompeo said that Hoda Muthana was not is not a citizen of the U.S?

eta

I just looked it up, that's great news,  she is not a citizen of the U.S. 

Edited by Ellapennella

Just now, Ellapennella said:

Mike Pompeo said that Hoda Muthana was not is not a citizen of the U.S?

Yep just a little while ago...Saw it on the tv at the gym,Shep Smith reported it...

• Like 1

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

Yep just a little while ago...Saw it on the tv at the gym,Shep Smith reported it...

That's such good news. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ellapennella said:

That's such good news. 

Yeah but the family will most likely challenge it...

I've just found it absolutely sickening how the media has been playing her up as a innocent victim who was just young,dumb,and brainwashed unwillingly...telling tales of her "regretting her decision soon as she landed" and now keep showing pictures of the poor lil mother smiling with her son...

S*** makes me want to vomit!...

She was a ADULT,she called for the death of Americans,she tried to recruit more enemies,she married 3 different enemies,and stayed there for 4 years!...

Only thing she regrets is her homies got their asses kicked!

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I've just found it absolutely sickening how the media has been playing her up as a innocent victim who was just young,dumb,and brainwashed unwillingly...telling tales of her "regretting her decision soon as she landed" and now keep showing pictures of the poor lil mother smiling with her son...

Bigotry of low expectations. 

"She's brown/woman/Muslim! How could she possibly have known what she was doing?? Poor girl.."

"He's black! He doesn't know you shouldn't loot your own neighborhood during a protest!"

Seriously. I'm not even being that hyperbolic. Read the articles and once you understand the game, you will start seeing it everywhere. Racists being racists without even knowing they are racist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also this woman is genuinely taking responsibility for nothing...

She puts a chunk of the blame on her parents for not letting her hangout with anyone other than other Muslims,and really doesn't think jail time for her would be the right kind of punishment...she thinks it best to just give her some kind of moral counseling to maker sure she doesn't do this again!

Hang this piece of s*** and save the world from 1 less dangerous idiot!

53 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

S*** makes me want to vomit!...

She was a ADULT,she called for the death of Americans,she tried to recruit more enemies,she married 3 different enemies,and stayed there for 4 years!...

Only thing she regrets is her homies got their asses kicked!

Haven't we all regretted decisions right after we made them?  Maybe not at the level of treason, but possibly more tragic.  It could be as simple as going on the wrong date or buying the wrong car or as life altering as diving into the wrong end of the pool or going too fast around a curve.  Life doesn't offer many Mulligans.  There were so many stages where she could have changed her mind to lessen the damage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Haven't we all regretted decisions right after we made them?  Maybe not at the level of treason, but possibly more tragic.  It could be as simple as going on the wrong date or buying the wrong car or as life altering as diving into the wrong end of the pool or going too fast around a curve.  Life doesn't offer many Mulligans.  There were so many stages where she could have changed her mind to lessen the damage.

No doubt and well said...

This woman just kept upping her bad decisions step by step,she was all in until things came crashing down!...4 years and 3 husbands worth of bad decisions shows it wasn't just a one off screw up,she wanted it to be a lifestyle...it failed!

It's like an alcoholic who just has to keep getting behind the wheel when drunk...they have a lifestyle,keep making bad decisions after minor screw ups that have no consequences,and then one day BOOM!..They kill a family of 4 by "accident" because of their stupid decisions.

Think "that" alcoholic is just gonna walk away with counseling after a bunch of sympathetic boo hooing?...Not very likely...

• Like 2

On 2/19/2019 at 4:43 PM, Tatetopa said:

I think that is why we have codified laws that apply to all people rather than personal vendettas and revenge killings.  Once that starts, its hard to stop.  Punishment is supposed to be based on crime, not the individual.  Side note, I thought it was illegal for criminals to make money on books about their crimes.

It is. OJ wrote that weird book about what if he had killed Nicole and the courts ruled the proceeds to go to the Brown and Goldman families. He was found innocent in criminal court but responsible in civil court so his "profits" went to satisfy the judgement against him. 

1 minute ago, susieice said:

It is. OJ wrote that weird book about what if he had killed Nicole and the courts ruled the proceeds to go to the Brown and Goldman families. He was found innocent in criminal court but responsible in civil court so his "profits" went to satisfy the judgement against him. 

Yeah but how much money did he make off of interviews and appearances between those 2 rulings...i'd guess a pretty penny ;)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

yes we all did, however liking a terrorist organisation, to the point of going there, and joining it, basically fighting against her own country,  it is not a bad date, or wrong car, it is hell of a lot of intent and thought.  much more than just a impulse buy or one mistake.  and was she really a kid when she joined isis?  she was 19. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yeah but how much money did he make off of interviews and appearances between those 2 rulings...i'd guess a pretty penny ;)

That could be. I'm not sure if the court intervened on those incomes.

As for this woman, she would be charged if she came back here. The other woman in this camp with her has duel US/Canadian citizenship and according to this article, Canada has said this woman will have a hard time leaving Syria. There was a whole family that left Washington to join ISIS.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/19/us/islamic-state-american-women.html

• Like 2

According to this article, she may not be an American citizen. She is being detained by Kurdish forces. And also mentions that Trump has said US forces in Syria will be withdrawn. Could be why the sudden change of heart!!

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/wife-of-slain-australian-is-fighter-not-a-citizen-won-t-be-allowed-back-to-us

• Like 2

Yep. She wants to face US justice because she's in a Kurdish detainment camp. ISIS killed a bunch of them also. Kimberly Polman is the Canadian/US woman who is in the camp with her. She left Canada in 2015. Explains why the Canadian official said it would be hard for her to leave Syria and that she wouldn't be safe in a neighboring country.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/02/19/hoda-muthana-isis-bride-wants-face-us-justice-return-alabama/2914244002/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=amp&utm_campaign=speakable

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aztek said:

yes we all did, however liking a terrorist organisation, to the point of going there, and joining it, basically fighting against her own country,  it is not a bad date, or wrong car, it is hell of a lot of intent and thought.  much more than just a impulse buy or one mistake.  and was she really a kid when she joined isis?  she was 19. 

That's why I made the distinction "not at the level of treason".  That is never a mistake.  It's not something done on the spur of the moment.  In her case ,especially, since she travelled to the other side of the world to do this she had all that time to reconsider her decision.  She had a chance to undo it then but not 4 years later.

• Like 2

Hah, now Trump and Pompeo are saying she isn't a US citizen: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics/hoda-muthana-state-department/index.html

Seems like England is doing the same thing with their famous case.  It's funny because just last week, Trump was saying the various countries should take their ISIS citizens back and try them or he will just let them go.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Hah, now Trump and Pompeo are saying she isn't a US citizen: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics/hoda-muthana-state-department/index.html

Seems like England is doing the same thing with their famous case.  It's funny because just last week, Trump was saying the various countries should take their ISIS citizens back and try them or he will just let them go.

You mean a politician speaking outta both ends?! :o

The nerve!...it's an official constitutional crisis it is!!! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

She committed treason against the U.S. I don't know how the 14th amendment can protect her.

How are you going to stop a US citizen entering the US? You saying she has committed treason shows you agree she is a citizen.  The 14th prevents her citizenship being stripped.

I didn't think whether, or not, she is a terrorist or criminal is the question.