Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Ellapennella

Who is Hoda Muthana?

81 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Big Jim
29 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

How are you going to stop a US citizen entering the US? You saying she has committed treason shows you agree she is a citizen.  The 14th prevents her citizenship being stripped.

I didn't think whether, or not, she is a terrorist or criminal is the question.

This is where it starts to get complicated.  She was born in the US but burned her passport when she joined ISIS.  She needs a passport to return, but to get one she needs to apply as a US embassy.  Then she will either be arrested, or denied a passport because of her traitorous activities.  Considering that she will be facing criminal prosecution and most likely a lengthy sentence upon her return she may be better off choosing not to return.  The US considers her a traitor for leaving and now ISIS may consider her a traitor for abandoning them.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Golden Duck
15 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

This is where it starts to get complicated.  She was born in the US but burned her passport when she joined ISIS.  She needs a passport to return, but to get one she needs to apply as a US embassy.  Then she will either be arrested, or denied a passport because of her traitorous activities.  Considering that she will be facing criminal prosecution and most likely a lengthy sentence upon her return she may be better off choosing not to return.  The US considers her a traitor for leaving and now ISIS may consider her a traitor for abandoning them.  

Those of us with passports know why they are needed. Did she actually burn hers; or, even renounce her citizenship?

However, the developments concerning her father's diplomatic status render that moot.

Terrorism seems more clear cut and seems to be the precedent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/american-isis-fighter-who-found-it-hard-returns-to-face-criminal-charges/2016/06/08/b6990ea2-efa5-11e5-a61f-e9c95c06edca_story.html?utm_term=.b8b07b51c058

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
On 2/20/2019 at 10:22 PM, Golden Duck said:

Those of us with passports know why they are needed. Did she actually burn hers; or, even renounce her citizenship?

However, the developments concerning her father's diplomatic status render that moot.

Terrorism seems more clear cut and seems to be the precedent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/american-isis-fighter-who-found-it-hard-returns-to-face-criminal-charges/2016/06/08/b6990ea2-efa5-11e5-a61f-e9c95c06edca_story.html?utm_term=.b8b07b51c058

You know,  if she did indeed burn it and renounce her citizenship, then it would go a lot further towards denying her US citizenship and not re-admitting her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
On 19-2-2019 at 2:26 PM, Ellapennella said:

I don't want her to be permitted to return back , no.  I don't trust it. 

The U.S  saved Omar  from a refugee camp in Yeman and now she's here in the U.S congress acting Un-American. 

 


I must apologize, but just by stating this you are actually proving you yourself are inherently un- American, as well as ignorant concerning the subject at hand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

You know,  if she did indeed burn it and renounce her citizenship, then it would go a lot further towards denying her US citizenship and not re-admitting her. 

The US has said they will not assist her return. If the passport is destroyed any international travel will be problematic. 

But, is it confirmed that she burned it in a symbolic act in lieu of the normal official process? She only tweeted the intention to burn it. However, she hasn't tweeted about the passport's current state.

Her matter of her citizenship went through a fairly rigourous test to obtain the passport. But, that happened in the Obama years, so that determination must be wrong,  right? 

Edited by Golden Duck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.