Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McCabe Gets Weird on NPR

ellapenella

NPR's Morning Edition on Monday split its Andrew McCabe interview into two segments. On the home page they were promoting Russiagate: "Andrew McCabe, Ex-FBI Deputy, Describes 'Remarkable' Number Of Trump-Russia Contacts." On air, that segment never mentioned his lying under oath to the FBI. There was a second segment simply titled "Andrew McCabe Discusses His Firing." McCabe's answers were often refusals to answer, which Inskeep spun as "exceptionally careful." Kudos to NPR for trying to explore it, briefly. 

STEVE INSKEEP: At what point did it become apparent to you that you were under investigation?

MCCABE: That's a really complicated question, Steve. And I'm afraid it's one that I'm not going to be able to answer for you because of the current legal matters that are still underway.

INSKEEP: You're not going to give me a date. I guess we can note there is an inspector general's report that said that in 2017, people within the bureau began asking questions of you about your interactions with the media, what disclosures of information you would authorize to The Wall Street Journal.

MCCABE: Yeah.

INSKEEP: What can you say about the questions you were asked and the answers you gave?

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2019/02/19/mccabe-gets-weird-npr-lying-under-oath

MCCABE: I have many things that I would like to say about the conclusions and the recommendations of the IG report. And I can't go through each one of those points with you today because of the current ongoing legal issues and the civil lawsuit that I will be bringing against the Department of Justice. But I will say this. I, at no time, ever intentionally misled the FBI Inspection Division, the Office of Inspector General or - ever - any director of the FBI - not ever. This is not an investigative report like any I have ever seen. An investigative report is a clear and unbiased presentation of all the evidence, and this is none of that.

INSKEEP: You think it was biased.

MCCABE: I do. I do.

INSKEEP: Why would it be biased against you?

MCCABE: I do. Well, I think that's pretty clear, Steve. I think the president has a long and well-established history of attacking the people who say things he doesn't like.

But it was him and his people that were doing what he's trying  to place blame on the President.

I'm not really getting the weird thing.  Most normal people don't talk about investigations and lawsuits they are in because it could get them Obstruction of Justice and Witness Tampering charges or just taint their lawsuit and cause them to lose.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I'm not really getting the weird thing.  Most normal people don't talk about investigations and lawsuits they are in because it could get them Obstruction of Justice and Witness Tampering charges or just taint their lawsuit and cause them to lose.

Most normal Americans do not stand with individuals that created a fake false story to oust a sitting President from office because he wrecked their plans.

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Most normal Americans do not stand with individuals that created a fake false story to oust a sitting President from office because he wrecked their plans.

And have the courage to think that it will stand up under the scrutiny of the American court system as well.....

Most liars slink into the shadows and try to interfere with the investigations and hide things like their tax returns.....  Or claim that they can't be indicted for their crimes because of their position.  Or eventually pardon themselves and their friends.

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

And have the courage to think that it will stand up under the scrutiny of the American court system as well.....

Most liars slink into the shadows and try to interfere with the investigations and hide things like their tax returns.....  Or claim that they can't be indicted for their crimes because of their position.  Or eventually pardon themselves and their friends.

So, about Trump's tax return has nothing to do with false claims of Russian collusion, to actually try and frame him as being against the United States is a  disgusting lie. It is the ones making the claims that are colluding. 

I see weirdness in him same as I seen it in Comey and all the others involved in trying to frame President Trump, which they will not be able to do.

eta

These aren't just your average liars , they held positions of power.

Andrew McCabe is an established liar. And he essentially confessed to sedition the other day.

Andrew McCabe admits to attempted coup against Trump administration in new interview

Edited by Ellapennella

Everything that Trump touched is under criminal investigation.  The Russian Collusion thing is just a single case among everything he has done.  The Trump Foundation, The Inauguration Committee, The Trump Campaign, etc: https://www.wired.com/story/mueller-investigation-trump-russia-complete-guide/

Most of the 17 investigations are about money and numbers on a ledger don't lie.

As for McCabe, you claim he is a liar merely because you don't like what he said.  If he can prove his words in court with evidence, you can't really call him a liar.  We should probably wait for those court cases before making judgement.  Otherwise you are guilty of being what the bible calls, "A false Witness" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_bear_false_witness_against_thy_neighbour

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Everything that Trump touched is under criminal investigation.  The Russian Collusion thing is just a single case among everything he has done.  The Trump Foundation, The Inauguration Committee, The Trump Campaign, etc: https://www.wired.com/story/mueller-investigation-trump-russia-complete-guide/

Most of the 17 investigations are about money and numbers on a ledger don't lie.

As for McCabe, you claim he is a liar merely because you don't like what he said.  If he can prove his words in court with evidence, you can't really call him a liar.  We should probably wait for those court cases before making judgement.  Otherwise you are guilty of being what the bible calls, "A false Witness" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_bear_false_witness_against_thy_neighbour

This is clearly a setup by the democrats.  They began strategically placing criminals around Trump for the past 20 years in case he became President.  He knew nothing about their criminal actions, and thought he had "the best and brightest."  How can you expect a micro-manager to know what the top people within his organization are doing?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

These aren't just your average liars , they held positions of power.

That is what some people say about President Trump and many of the people he has surrounded himself with over his administration.   Everybody can have their own opinion, but down there somewhere is a bedrock of facts.  Was money handled in illegal ways?  Were other deeds done that are illegal or place personal gain above country?  I guess we have to wait and find out.  Nobody will be satisfied with a my word against your  word argument.  Facts will have to be presented.  I believe that is why some mobsters have been convicted on tax evasion rather than murder and extortion.  Tax evasion ans mishandling of funds leaves a paper trail.

But the circumstantial stuff keeps rolling out.  Now there seems to be a report that the administration was trying to make an end run around national security and share nuclear reactor data with Saudi Arabia with the goal of helping them build reactors in Saudi Arabia.

Just a side note here.  If you recall, most of the 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia 15 out of 19.  Now we think we should give their country the plans ans weaknesses of American reactors, so they can build their own?  What could go wrong?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Everything that Trump touched is under criminal investigation. 

And  what did they find? Even when they illegally wired tapped his private estate. what was found? There's a double standard going on .

The Russian Collusion thing is just a single case among everything he has done. 

What ? A single case? There is no case, there is no collusion.  Haven't you heard "the case"  is wrapping up because there's is no  Russian collusion pertaining  to Donald Trump.

among everything , you mean the traitors of the United States want to keep interring with this Presidency in hopes that they can destroy Trump, not gonna happen.

The Trump Foundation,

Unlike The Clinton Foundation  there will not be found any Pay to Play in selling out the U.S .  I think Trump closed his foundation down , though the double standard doesn't apply for everyone.His was established privately  before and without ever holding a political  position , can't  say the same for  the Clinton and the others who have misused politics for greed to become rich while in office of  Presidency.

The Inauguration Committee,

Are you talking about an event that was held to raise money to continue that part of the election process? He did nothing wrong. People wanted him in not Hillary, so they donated a little more and won.

The Trump Campaign

The Trump Campaign has obeyed all  legal Laws. Can others say the same? 

I’m With You, and I will FIGHT for you, and I will WIN for YOU.

This is a MOVEMENT ! 

https://secure.donaldjtrump.com/donate/

Most of the 17 investigations            are about money and numbers on a ledger            don't lie.

All  17 false allegations were a conspiracy of lies, manufactured in hopes of ousting a sitting President that got in their way of their corruption and stopped them.    For the last 2 years the investigation produced nothing to declare that  President Trump was a traitor to his Country or had colluded with Russia, because neither are true.  The only thing they produced was Presidential Harassment. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gromdor said:

He lied about things, even about Benghazi. I think that a lot of what he did and the other conspirators will be proven liars in court.  

According to a new report, Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe told agents investigating the 2012 terror attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, and a nearby CIA safe house to lie about their findings.

The Hill newspaper reported Thursday that Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) has interviewed a former FBI supervisor who said McCabethen working in the bureaus Counterterrorism Divisionordered him not to call the attacks acts of terrorism. The report says the agent found the instruction concerning because his unit had gathered incontrovertible evidence showing a major al Qaeda figure had directed the attack and the information had already been briefed to President Obama.

In other words, McCabe was directly involved in the Obama administration cover-up that attempted to blame the attack on spontaneous Muslim anger over a YouTube video disparaging the Muslim prophet Mohammed that almost no one had ever seen. Eventually, McCabe took credit for leading the team that captured the high-ranking al-Qaeda official who planned the attacks, Ahmed Abu Khattala.

DeSantis told the newspaper:

https://www.trunews.com/article/mccabe-told-fbi-agents-to-lie-about-benghazi

Just now, Ellapennella said:

And  what did they find? Even when they illegally wired tapped his private estate. what was found? There's a double standard going on .

What ? A single case? There is no case, there is no collusion.  Haven't you heard "the case"  is wrapping up because there's is no  Russian collusion pertaining  to Donald Trump.

among everything , you mean the traitors of the United States want to keep interring with this Presidency in hopes that they can destroy Trump, not gonna happen.

Unlike The Clinton Foundation  there will not be found any Pay to Play in selling out the U.S .  I think Trump closed his foundation down , though the double standard doesn't apply for everyone.His was established privately  before and without ever holding a political  position , can't  say the same for  the Clinton and the others who have misused politics for greed to become rich while in office of  Presidency.

Are you talking about an event that was held to raise money to continue that part of the election process? He did nothing wrong. People wanted him in not Hillary, so they donated a little more and won.

The Trump Campaign has obeyed all  legal Laws. Can others say the same? 

I’m With You, and I will FIGHT for you, and I will WIN for YOU.

This is a MOVEMENT ! 

https://secure.donaldjtrump.com/donate/

All  17 false allegations were a conspiracy of lies, manufactured in hopes of ousting a sitting President that got in their way of their corruption and stopped them.    For the last 2 years the investigation produced nothing to declare that  President Trump was a traitor to his Country or had colluded with Russia, because neither are true.  The only thing they produced was Presidential Harassment. 

The Trump Inauguration Committee is charged with taking foreign money (bribes) and pocketing the money: ttps://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/politics/trump-inauguration-spending-investigation/index.html

The Trump Foundation was shut down by the State because Trump was using it as his personal piggy bank and even used it to pay off personal lawsuits.  He would have been criminally charged over it, if he wasn't unindictable as President.  There is a good chance they filed sealed charges so he might go to jail over it after his presidency is over. http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/it-closes-trump-foundation-accused-shocking-illegalities

The Trump Inauguration committee is under investigation for taking foreign money (bribes), engaging in pay to play, and people personally pocketing the money: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-inaugural-committee-under-criminal-investigation-misuse-funds-pay-play-n947776

I could go on an on, but the fact that some of Trump's "friends" are already going to spend the rest of their lives in jail isn't really sinking in to you.

16 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

That is what some people say about President Trump

Who are the people that are saying this about him? Are they the ones who stand with the ones who  burn the American flag, those people?

7 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

He lied about things, even about Benghazi. I think that a lot of what he did and the other conspirators will be proven liars in court.  

According to a new report, Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe told agents investigating the 2012 terror attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, and a nearby CIA safe house to lie about their findings.

The Hill newspaper reported Thursday that Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) has interviewed a former FBI supervisor who said McCabethen working in the bureaus Counterterrorism Divisionordered him not to call the attacks acts of terrorism. The report says the agent found the instruction concerning because his unit had gathered incontrovertible evidence showing a major al Qaeda figure had directed the attack and the information had already been briefed to President Obama.

In other words, McCabe was directly involved in the Obama administration cover-up that attempted to blame the attack on spontaneous Muslim anger over a YouTube video disparaging the Muslim prophet Mohammed that almost no one had ever seen. Eventually, McCabe took credit for leading the team that captured the high-ranking al-Qaeda official who planned the attacks, Ahmed Abu Khattala.

DeSantis told the newspaper:

https://www.trunews.com/article/mccabe-told-fbi-agents-to-lie-about-benghazi

Yup, it's two proven liars (Trump and McCabe) making accusations against each other.  It's why neither should be trusted and both should be investigated by outside parties.  Only one of those two seem to be going out of their way to prevent that from happening, though.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The Trump Foundation was shut down by the State because Trump was using it as his personal piggy bank and even used it to pay off personal lawsuits.  He would have been criminally charged over it, if he wasn't unindictable as President.  There is a good chance they filed sealed charges so he might go to jail over it after his presidency is over. http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/it-closes-trump-foundation-accused-shocking-illegalities

Dude, are you really going to share rachel maddow as a reliable source? really? 

Dude, are you really going to share rachel maddow as a reliable source? really? 

You're right. I should link the court filings against Trump: https://www.vox.com/2018/6/14/17464010/trump-foundation-new-york-lawsuit

I like the parts where it points out that all money spent has to be approved by the board of directors and the part about the guy who was on the board of directors but didn't know and couldn't approve the spending.  How he used it for political purposes even though it is against the law, how he bought stuff (a picture of himself) with charity money, committed perjury over the foundation.  The list goes on and on for 41 pages.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You're right. I should link the court filings against Trump: https://www.vox.com/2018/6/14/17464010/trump-foundation-new-york-lawsuit

I like the parts where it points out that all money spent has to be approved by the board of directors and the part about the guy who was on the board of directors but didn't know and couldn't approve the spending.  How he used it for political purposes even though it is against the law, how he bought stuff (a picture of himself) with charity money, committed perjury over the foundation.  The list goes on and on for 41 pages.

Oh, how surprising it's titled New York A.G lawsuit against Trump. 

Edited by Ellapennella

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

Oh, how surprising it's titled New York A.G lawsuit against Trump. 

So, let me get this straight.....  You won't even accept legal documents and court rulings if it is from a state you dislike?

Ever play a video game called , "We happy few"?   You kind of remind me of people in the game who are on Joy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

So, let me get this straight.....  You won't even accept legal documents and court rulings if it is from a state you dislike?

Ever play a video game called , "We happy few"?   You kind of remind me of people in the game who are on Joy.

What makes what you're saying legal about any of what has happened?  I read over the link you shared. 

What makes what you're saying legal about any of what has happened?  I read over the link you shared. 

You read the 41 page legal suit in the link I posted?  The thing that went to the courts and led to the shutdown of the Trump Foundation?  You read the legal charges leveled in it against Trump, his family, and the Foundation? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You're talking about playing games? 

So, since there is no Russian collusion with Donald Trump, can you find it  anywhere else, or are you playing games? 

Before the Obama administration approved a controversial deal in 2010 giving Moscow control of a large swath of American uranium, the FBI had gathered substantial evidence that Russian nuclear industry officials were engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering designed to grow Vladimir Putin’s atomic energy business inside the United States, according to government documents and interviews.

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

The racketeering scheme was conducted “with the consent of higher level officials” in Russia who “shared the proceeds” from the kickbacks, one agent declared in an affidavit years later.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You read the 41 page legal suit in the link I posted?  The thing that went to the courts and led to the shutdown of the Trump Foundation?  You read the legal charges leveled in it against Trump, his family, and the Foundation? 

What you're doing is called distracting from what is really going on. 

You're talking about playing games? 

So, since there is no Russian collusion with Donald Trump, can you find it  anywhere else, or are you playing games? 

Before the Obama administration approved a controversial deal in 2010 giving Moscow control of a large swath of American uranium, the FBI had gathered substantial evidence that Russian nuclear industry officials were engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering designed to grow Vladimir Putin’s atomic energy business inside the United States, according to government documents and interviews.

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

The racketeering scheme was conducted “with the consent of higher level officials” in Russia who “shared the proceeds” from the kickbacks, one agent declared in an affidavit years later.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration

Why do you keep saying there is no Russian collusion with Donald Trump?  Mueller's investigation isn't over and so far everyone and their brother on Team Trump has been caught with a Russian on speed dial and the lied about it.

I agree though, Trump himself didn't collude with the Russians.  He is too unstable to make a reliable partner.  I think his "associates" that lead him around were the ones colluding.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Agent0range said:

They began strategically placing criminals around Trump for the past 20 years in case he became President. 

Hahaha!

5 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

What you're doing is called distracting from what is really going on. 

That's right.  Keep your eyes closed and keep looking straight ahead.   Nothing to see on the sidelines.

<sarcasm>

edit: added the sarcasm tag.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 1