Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police release footage of 'UFO' during storm

UM-Bot

Yes, the light has a shape very characteristic of lens flare. It moves in perfect synchrony with the  car, each moving away from the other at the same time, and at the same speed.  

We see that the white car, under bright lights is a very bright reflector of that light. It is clearly the source for the lens flare. A pity, really, I'd prefer to have found that this beautiful, complex flare was an extraterrestrial craft. What is it they say?  A beautiful theory spoiled by an ugly little fact!  

Edited by bison

As police officers, they probably know a great many things connected with their profession, that most of us don't know.  I don't fault them for not happening to know this detail about photography. After all, as Mark Twain said: 'We're all ignorant, just about different things.'

Edited by bison

7 minutes ago, bison said:

I don't fault them for not happening to know this detail about photography.

I do. CCTV, video, and photographic evidence is a major part of police work, and has been for decades.

Maybe they'll get um next time...

Jesus guys, of course it's a lens flare it says that right there. If you would actually pay attention, you'd realize that the police that posted this video were very tongue-in-cheek about it. But no just ignore that and keep patting yourself on the back for how "smart" you are.

Edited by Legendarren

14 hours ago, bison said:

After all, as Mark Twain said: 'We're all ignorant, just about different things.'

& in this case= ignorant of the bleeding obvious

The police car windscreen can be very spooky and confusing  

On 2/20/2019 at 7:23 AM, Legendarren said:

Jesus guys, of course it's a lens flare it says that right there. If you would actually pay attention, you'd realize that the police that posted this video were very tongue-in-cheek about it. But no just ignore that and keep patting yourself on the back for how "smart" you are.

299x223px-ll-52e196e1_lighten_up_francis

• Thanks 1

There seems to be a bit of a thing in Oz for the constabulary to post 'funny' tweets and facebook entries...  I think this was intended as humour, but given that many people don't seem to notice lens flares except when they are pointed out and explained... it fell a bit flat.

Here's the Twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/BroomePol

It's worth a quick browse to get the 'flavour'....  I note that the region seems a to have a very active and successful Free Bike Sharing system, of the involuntary type...

And yes, it 100% is a lens flare from that vehicle, if anyone is still teetering..

I live in northam w.a and yes I saw a similar situation on the 20th Feb . How can I explain what I saw with out people thinking I'm a ****ing nut . Well it was about 2oclock in the morning couldn't sleep you see so I went for a walk with my dog Scooby. Becau

On 3/2/2019 at 10:29 AM, Lynne johnson said:

I live in northam w.a and yes I saw a similar situation on the 20th Feb . How can I explain what I saw with out people thinking I'm a ****ing nut . Well it was about 2oclock in the morning couldn't sleep you see so I went for a walk with my dog Scooby. Becau

???    Well, who could argue with that well-described event? :D Lynne, you won't be thought of as any kind of nut if you describe the entire event in detail and in a matter of fact way.  If however you yell ALIENZ, then maybe you might not get such a polite reception.  If you read this thread you will realise that what was shown here is a joke - it's a lens flare.

So try again (get a young person to help with posting?), and tell us:

Do you wear glasses?

Which direction were you facing?

What made you notice it?

What colour/s was it, what shape, if any?

How long did you see it for, and where did it come from and go to?  Are you familiar with typical flight paths into and out of Perth?

If it was a sighting of more than a few seconds, did you try to capture it on the phone?

What was the weather / cloud coverage like?

Did you report it anywhere else at the time?  If so, link please, if not why not?

Did you ask the local media / police / astronomy club?

How exactly did you get here at UM - what was your search process that led to you posting? 

Edited by ChrLzs

Given the suddenly truncated post and the fact that she has not been back online since she posted, I would have to surmise that Lynne was taken out by the MIB for knowing too much.  Thankfully they probably just erased her memories.

So.. that one was the real deal!!!!