Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resistance to the Media 5th Column

and-then

https://www.foxnews.com/us/covington-high-students-legal-team-sues-washington-post 

Hopefully, this action will bring aboard enough Amicus briefs from pro-bono legal help that it can do some good in damaging these corporations that use 1A for a shield while they attack the Constitution.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, and then said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/covington-high-students-legal-team-sues-washington-post 

Hopefully, this action will bring aboard enough Amicus briefs from pro-bono legal help that it can do some good in damaging these corporations that use 1A for a shield while they attack the Constitution.

Its kind of funny they defamed Washpo in a defamation lawsuit. ....damn its crazy how fast the news cycle moves nowadays, I was trying to find the article I was reading just last night and its already been buried in an avalanche of stories.

I dont see much hope for the plaintiff here but good luck to him. This kid's life has already been permanently altered by the choices he made and adding more money to his trust fund isnt really gonna change that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Its kind of funny they defamed Washpo in a defamation lawsuit. ....damn its crazy how fast the news cycle moves nowadays, I was trying to find the article I was reading just last night and its already been buried in an avalanche of stories.

I dont see much hope for the plaintiff here but good luck to him. This kid's life has already been permanently altered by the choices he made and adding more money to his trust fund isnt really gonna change that.

"Choices he made" huh... 

Hell just forget it,i know discussing it will go nowhere lol

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

"Choices he made" huh... 

Hell just forget it,i know discussing it will go nowhere lol

Sure amigo......full disclosure my position has everything to do with the kid's face and very very little to do with politics. That kid is simply cut from a very familiar and utterly punchable mold, whether he was wearing a MAGA hat or a pink vag one.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Sure amigo......full disclosure my position has everything to do with the kid's face and very very little to do with politics. That kid is simply cut from a very familiar and utterly punchable mold, whether he was wearing a MAGA hat or a pink vag one.

I could say the same about the old guy...everything from his busybody get loud in ones face with the world watching,to his downright fabricated lies of being surrounded and not being allowed to escape BS...

But is what it is...think he'll get some money from somewhere!

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Homes I am sure there are posts on this we all come off like utter dicks.  But the kid was 16 , ie young and dumb.  Even if he was Hitler youth he was under aged and should not be held to any particular standard of adulthood.  Also we are seeing a death of the concept of the private citizen, which is scary.  Everyone has the right to video in public areas., But we do not have the right to opt out of participation of online sites, which theoretically is granted by the GDPR laws for the EU. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

Homes I am sure there are posts on this we all come off like utter dicks.  But the kid was 16 , ie young and dumb.  Even if he was Hitler youth he was under aged and should not be held to any particular standard of adulthood.  Also we are seeing a death of the concept of the private citizen, which is scary.  Everyone has the right to video in public areas., But we do not have the right to opt out of participation of online sites, which theoretically is granted by the GDPR laws for the EU. 

Oh man I fully admit that my personal dislike for the kid removes me from fully commenting in a reasonable manner. I wasnt kidding when I said my position is wholly based on his smug little face. Ive known "him", and it wouldnt matter what side of the issue he was on , I would be against him.

As CrimsonKing pointed out the native dude doesnt seem to really be a good guy in this scenario either and im definitely not making that argument.

If I had to be mad at any single individual over the issue it would be the kids' chaperones on the field trip for not protecting them from themselves

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Oh man I fully admit that my personal dislike for the kid removes me from fully commenting in a reasonable manner. I wasnt kidding when I said my position is fully based on his smug little face. Ive known "him", and it wouldnt matter what side of the issue he was on , I would be against him.

As CrimsonKing pointed out the native dude doesnt seem to really be a good guy in this scenario either and im definitely not making that argument.

If I had to be mad at any single individual over the issue it would be the kids' chaperones on the field trip for not protecting them from themselves

"From themselves" 

To protect the kids from standing silently :lol:? Lol

If he walked away the dude would just follow him banging the drum in his face.

The kid literally did nonething wrong.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

"From themselves" 

To protect the kids from standing silently :lol:? Lol

If he walked away the dude would just follow him banging the drum in his face.

The kid literally did nonething wrong.

Im not saying choosing to stand and face the dude with the drum was wrong but you have to admit that there were what 30 other kids there who didnt end up in the media right? If he had chosen to not stand there this wouldnt be a story. Standing and facing that dude was his choice. Conservatives can agree with personal responsibility in choice making right?

One can do nothing morally, ethically or legally wrong and still make a mistake. The adult chaperones should have protected him from this ever happening.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im not saying choosing to stand and face the dude with the drum was wrong but you have to admit that there were what 30 other kids there who didnt end up in the media right? If he had chosen to not stand there this wouldnt be a story. Standing and facing that dude was his choice. Conservatives can agree with personal responsibility in choice making right?

One can do nothing morally, ethically or legally wrong and still make a mistake. The adult chaperones should have protected him from this ever happening.

I'm not sure the dude just walking away woulda fixed all that Farm...

The REAL racists in the story barely got acknowledged and walked away as if they did nothing wrong...not really sure the brotha's would have been just as keen to walk away quietly even if Sandmann had done so...they showed up looking for a fight.

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 5

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

I'm not sure the dude just walking away woulda fixed all that Farm...

The REAL racists in the story barely got acknowledged and walked away as if they did nothing wrong...not really sure the brotha's would have been just as keen to walk away quietly even if Sandmann had done do...they showed up looking for a fight.

It perhaps wouldnt have ended the altercation but it would have made the aggressors apparent thereby avoiding all the media hysteria.

Like I said though I just want to punch the smug little **** , and his parents for making him look like that, so my comments should probably just be ignored. :D

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Lol farmer I get you don't like Trump

You don't like pro life people 

And you don't like the kids face

But you can't not see that you're doing mental acrobatics here to try to put some blame on this kid lol.

If the situation was a young girl standing after a pro choice rally and a old guy came up yelling in her face, and she remains unmoving, then you would not blame her in the slightest.

The aggressor is always too blame. You're basically trying to victim blame this kid. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It perhaps wouldnt have ended the altercation but it would have made the aggressors apparent thereby avoiding all the media hysteria.

Like I said though I just want to punch the smug little **** , and his parents for making him look like that, so my comments should probably just be ignored. :D

Not liking someone's face is no excuse for ignoring your principles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

The aggressor is always too blame. You're basically trying to victim blame this kid. 

Well I was serious earlier when I said my judgement is skewed on this one but ive got an hour left on my shift so Ill play a little.

If I were that kids parent my principles would tell me to be p***ed at the chaperones for allowing my child to be in that situation. I would be proud of my kid for standing up to any form of bullying, having been through multiple PR nightmares both professional and personal, I would also chew his ass for allowing himself to be put in a no win situation. Which is exactly what a politically heated confrontation with a minority in public is - for anyone - its a no win PR situation.

8 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

If the situation was a young girl standing after a pro choice rally and a old guy came up yelling in her face, and she remains unmoving, then you would not blame her in the slightest.

Hang on now. Youre doing an awfully good job of painting the kid as not being the aggressor, IDK that i fully agree with that assessment. Both the natives and the kids were aggressive in this situation.  This is Phillips' statement

"I needed an out. I needed to escape. I needed to get away. I needed to retreat somehow, but the only way I could retreat at that moment, is what I see, is just to go forward, and when I started going forward and that mass of groups of people started separating and moving aside to allow me to move out of the way or to proceed, this young fellow put himself in front of me and wouldn't move," he said.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well I was serious earlier when I said my judgement is skewed on this one but ive got an hour left on my shift so Ill play a little.

If I were that kids parent my principles would tell me to be p***ed at the chaperones for allowing my child to be in that situation. I would be proud of my kid for standing up to any form of bullying, having been through multiple PR nightmares both professional and personal, I would also chew his ass for allowing himself to be put in a no win situation. Which is exactly what a politically heated confrontation with a minority in public is - for anyone - its a no win PR situation.

Hang on now. Youre doing an awfully good job of painting the kid as not being the aggressor, IDK that i fully agree with that assessment. Both the natives and the kids were aggressive in this situation.  This is Phillips' statement

Kid stood his ground just like Ghandi or Martin Luther King Jr. would have done and you want to punch him.

Well ain't you special.:rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Kid stood his ground just like Ghandi or Martin Luther King Jr. would have done and you want to punch him.

Well ain't you special.:rolleyes:

Holy hell thats a massive stretch :lol:   .

His punchworthy face has nothing to do with the incident btw, its just something about the mold he's poured from that incites something primitive in me. Hey at least im honest about it.

Edited by Farmer77

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

ahh there's your mistake. I don't think you watched the full video.

Phillips statement is complete BS. 

Phillips is a lier who trys to get media attention.

Literally a day later he tried to walk in during a Catholic mass banging his drum everywhere.

https://www-breitbart-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/22/nathan-phillips-tried-to-disrupt-catholic-mass-by-chanting-beating-drum/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.com%2Fpolitics%2F2019%2F01%2F22%2Fnathan-phillips-tried-to-disrupt-catholic-mass-by-chanting-beating-drum%2F

Also he is not a veteran of anything 

https://pjmedia-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/pjmedia.com/trending/no-tribal-elder-nathan-phillips-is-not-a-vietnam-vet/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fpjmedia.com%2Ftrending%2Fno-tribal-elder-nathan-phillips-is-not-a-vietnam-vet%2F

The kids were not aggressors. They stood there waiting for their bus, "the black herberew" group came up and harrassed them and then this Indian guy came up banging a drum in their face. 

Watch the full video, you don't even have to take my word for it lol, the video makes it super clear.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The old man CHOSE to walk up to him and bang a drum in his face.   The kid refused to bite.   The old man was obviously trying to incite a violent reaction.   The kid did great.   The "smug" look that bothers you so much is the kid trying not to laugh.   

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

It comes to me that people probably subconsciously, or consciously, parallel this kid with Trump... Standing up to the Liberal, Identity Politics, self important crowd. 

I'd have to fall on the kid's side. He simply didn't move. Regardless of what face he made. That native fellow was SCREAMING at him and Banging his drum right in his face. That's Assault in some areas... Making a face at someone... Not assault anywhere. Making a face... More then likely protected under free speech. Kid's got a good case against the native fellow. Now, his case against the Youtubers that edited the video to make him look a villain... I'm not so sure. That also may be Free Speech. A court will decide if it was Defamation, I think.

I'd agree there should have been some chaperones around, but then again... Why did the old man go after the kids, and not the Black Hebrew guys? Because he's super liberal and wanted to push the WHITE kids around.

• Like 8

Another "Jump to Judgement" case.... Jussie Smollett. That is just sad. Lots of liberal pundits, media outlers, politicians, and celebrities, backtracking ultra-fast on that case.

Lucky no white kids where blamed, just white conservative men.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

His punchworthy face has nothing to do with the incident btw, its just something about the mold he's poured from that incites something primitive in me. Hey at least im honest about it.

You have no shame.  Nobody has a "punchworthy face".

Image result for adam schiff

Okay...I stand corrected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Another "Jump to Judgement" case.... Jussie Smollett. That is just sad. Lots of liberal pundits, media outlers, politicians, and celebrities, backtracking ultra-fast on that case.

Lucky no white kids where blamed, just white conservative men.

Somewhat backtracking.   Most celebs and politicians haven't apologized or vilified Smollett.    Haven't called him on his racist act.  

• Like 4

With him I just think "Why" there is plenty of actual racism why would you need to manufacture fake racism.  I'm sure he could have found some if he looked harder, just lazy.

Edited by travelnjones
  • Like 1

So...all I'm hearing from the MSM and he Libby's of the world is that this poor kid is "SOMEHOW to blame and/or the parent's and/or someone else nearby for letting this happen. It's amazing that Dems and Lefty's can't and won't admit that the Indian and the Racist Blacks were to blame for the whole thing and all this kid do was stand there and take it. The hypocrisy..!!!!!!!!!

Once for all...can you (#^$&$^$@) simply admit you were wrong..???? No...probably not. WHY...? Because the kid had on a MAGA Hat. The triggering among the snowflakes is toooooo easy these days...:)

• Like 7

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Why did the old man go after the kids, and not the Black Hebrew guys? Because he's super liberal and wanted to push the WHITE kids around.

Well his version is that he was scared and going forward looked like the safest way through. IDK

6 hours ago, hacktorp said:

You have no shame.  Nobody has a "punchworthy face".

Image result for adam schiff

Okay...I stand corrected.

HA! I agree.