Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resistance to the Media 5th Column

and-then

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If a mugger attacks me, and I fight back, does that make me a "mutual and willing participant" in the mugging ? 

You're now equating walking with mugging huh? LOL

No of course you should fight a mugger, but when you choose to not get out of the way of someone walking, well you're making a choice. The kid could have moved just as easily as Phillips could have changed his path.

Perhaps even easier since the black hebrews were behind Phillips.

Edited by Farmer77

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You're now equating walking with mugging huh? LOL

No, I'm making an illustrative metaphor. And you know it full well ! :D 

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No of course you should fight a mugger, but when you choose to not get out of the way of someone walking, well you're making a choice. The kid could have moved just as easily as Phillips could have changed his path.

No. The person walking is the one making the active course of action. The kid was passively standing. It is up to the walker to adjust his or her course; there is no onus on the person standing still to move to avoid a confrontation.

Ship vs Lighthouse. Who should swerve ? 

Edited by RoofGardener

9 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The kid was passively standing. It is up to the walker to adjust his or her course; there is no onus on the person standing still to move to avoid a confrontation.

Why? Why at a demonstration is either individual in the wrong? Neither assaulted the other, they both chose to stand and have a confrontation.

The idiot black hebrews were in the wrong for their racist **** and so were the kids for their tomohawk chant but between Phillips and Sandmann there simply isnt a "good guy".

Edited by Farmer77

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

He was certainly a victim of the Black Hebrews or whatever they were called. No though I dont think he was a victim in the Phillips part of the incident. He was a mutual and willing participant.

Yes, he willingly asked for some bloke to shout at him and bang a drum in his face AND later totes agreed to have that same bloke imply that he was set for violence.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes, he willingly asked for some bloke to shout at him and bang a drum in his face AND later totes agreed to have that same bloke imply that he was set for violence.

Of course he didnt. What he did willingly do was continue to stand there and stare him down. He could have turned and walked away and no one would know his name. He made the choice to make that a confrontation when it didnt have to be. I'm not even judging that choice, I would have made the same, but the reality is he wasnt a victim he made the choice to be involved in that confrontation.

Edited by Farmer77

Ship vs Lighthouse, Farmer77, Ship vs Lighthouse. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Ship vs Lighthouse, Farmer77, Ship vs Lighthouse. 

Personal responsibility , Roofie, Personal responsibility

I dislike Trump with a passion, I despise fanboys wearing MAGA caps idolizing this caricature of a human being, but in this case I fully support the kid.. regardless of his arrogant look. Think thats just the 'Im pretty scared but I wont let them see it' look, weve all been there. Weve all been 16, and we all did extremely silly sh* at that age (like, say, idolizing chumps and trying to look like a tough guy when you really really arent). Ill just chalk this dude up in that category.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

I dislike Trump with a passion, I despise fanboys wearing MAGA caps idolizing this caricature of a human being, but in this case I fully support the kid.. regardless of his arrogant look. Think thats just the 'Im pretty scared but I wont let them see it' look, weve all been there. Weve all been 16, and we all did extremely silly sh* at that age (like, say, idolizing chumps and trying to look like a tough guy when you really really arent). Ill just chalk this dude up in that category.

Yeah aside from my issue with the kids appearance I was sincere earlier in the thread , If you have to assign a bad guy to the story (aside from the black hebrews) it was the chaperones for allowing the kids to be in that spot.

• Like 1

This is basically a "reverse racism" thread. The white patriarchy doesn't like it when one of their precious white boys is disrespected by a dirty brown person. I guess respecting your elders only applies when your elders are white. The Elderly, Native American gentleman banging his drum was bestowing a blessing according to his religion. It was a prayer asking the Great Father to bless those kids and they reacted with glaring disrespect. The doesn't matter because the old Indian man will be in the wrong no matter what in the eyes of the old white people posting on this thread. Yes, sadly this issue, this thread, is completely about race. It's like the twin to that other reverse racism thread you all have going. My .02 here. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Princess Bride said:

This is basically a "reverse racism" thread. The white patriarchy doesn't like it when one of their precious white boys is disrespected by a dirty brown person. I guess respecting your elders only applies when your elders are white. The Elderly, Native American gentleman banging his drum was bestowing a blessing according to his religion. It was a prayer asking the Great Father to bless those kids and they reacted with glaring disrespect. The doesn't matter because the old Indian man will be in the wrong no matter what in the eyes of the old white people posting on this thread. Yes, sadly this issue, this thread, is completely about race. It's like the twin to that other reverse racism thread you all have going. My .02 here. 

Utter and total rubbish ! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Utter and total rubbish ! 

All the facts around that encounter, the video PROOF of what occurred still doesn't change their narrative.  It's like they are hate zombies.  Let it eat them from within, then.  The media giants need to be called out for obvious libel and it needs to happen now.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Of course he didnt. What he did willingly do was continue to stand there and stare him down. He could have turned and walked away and no one would know his name. He made the choice to make that a confrontation when it didnt have to be. I'm not even judging that choice, I would have made the same, but the reality is he wasnt a victim he made the choice to be involved in that confrontation.

Because whatshisface with the drum would have followed him no matter wher he went. 

Sooner or later you gotta stand. And when your choice is stand against some fella with a drum or some blokes threatening violence, smart money says choose the drummer!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Because whatshisface with the drum would have followed him no matter wher he went. 

So your psychic powers have allowed you to know what would have happened? Interesting.

8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Sooner or later you gotta stand. And when your choice is stand against some fella with a drum or some blokes threatening violence, smart money says choose the drummer!

So you created a scenario in your mind (see above) and now are basing justifications on that created scenario. Why is that?

Edited by Farmer77

Well, given that Chappy with the drum intentionally got in their face when they were in one place, logically thst should they have moved to another location Chappy would have followed them. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah aside from my issue with the kids appearance I was sincere earlier in the thread

Former Turing Pharmaceuticals CEO Martin Shkreli, seen in 2017, is suspected of running his pharmaceutical company, Phoe

Farmer, does he remind you of this guy, Martin Shkreli, the pharma dude running his business on a contraband phone from prison?

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Former Turing Pharmaceuticals CEO Martin Shkreli, seen in 2017, is suspected of running his pharmaceutical company, Phoe

Farmer, does he remind you of this guy, Martin Shkreli, the pharma dude running his business on a contraband phone from prison?

Holy hell yes thank you !  

Martin-Shkreli.jpg

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

So your psychic powers have allowed you to know what would have happened? Interesting.

So you created a scenario in your mind (see above) and now are basing justifications on that created scenario. Why is that?

How is what you are posting against different then what you proposed? You suggested that Phillips would simply keep walking. But we don't know that he would. 

You created a scenario yourself, from the beginning, and still are looking for justifications of your own.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

How is what you are posting against different then what you proposed? You suggested that Phillips would simply keep walking. But we don't know that he would. 

I dont recall saying what you are claiming but if I did I certainly misspoke.  Youre right we dont know that he would have because we didnt get to find out

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:56 PM, Farmer77 said:

Sure amigo......full disclosure my position has everything to do with the kid's face and very very little to do with politics. That kid is simply cut from a very familiar and utterly punchable mold, whether he was wearing a MAGA hat or a pink vag one.

All he did was stand there and smile in friendly way.  Harassed by several different groups of adults and demonized by the media.  I'll never forget the leading question the lady interviewing the native drummer who got in this kids face for no good reason at all asked.  "Are you alright?  How are you doing?"  Just.....WOW.  I hope he gets every red cent. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:23 PM, Farmer77 said:

Standing and facing that dude was his choice

You mean standing where he was already silently standing when approached?  My God, the willing blindness, Farmer. 

• Like 4

On 3/10/2019 at 12:06 PM, Princess Bride said:

Careful, you'll get banned for calling out people being for racist even when they are clearly being racist on this site.

4 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

My .02 here.

I guess you get what you pay for... I started this thread, it was NEVER about Race, it IS about hate being spread - especially by the media - and being referred to as an old white is in no way insulting to me.  I am clearly within both those categories.  The "old Indian" is an SJW from way back and is about as innocent and dignified as the Black Hebrew group that were hurling VILE insults at those young people - just because of their religion and race.  These lawsuits are, hopefully, the beginning of true resistance to the liars and propagandists that control the media platforms in this nation.  

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 11:06 AM, Princess Bride said:

Yes, sadly this issue, this thread, is completely about race. It's like the twin to that other reverse racism thread you all have going. My .02 here. 

No, it isn't.  It's about the spread of hate.  You are free to describe your opinion of it all you like but you aren't free to tell ME what I meant when I started the thread.  

As to your .02...I guess you get what you pay for... I started this thread, it was NEVER about Race, it IS about hate being spread - especially by the media - and being referred to as an old white is in no way insulting to me.  I am clearly within both those categories.  The "old Indian" is an SJW from way back and is about as innocent and dignified as the Black Hebrew group that were hurling VILE insults at those young people - just because of their religion and political leanings.  These lawsuits are, hopefully, the beginning of true resistance to the liars and propagandists that control the media platforms in this nation.  Google and Facebook are monopolies that control the messaging for the entire nation through various degrees of censorship, both overt and covert.  The platforms they control are more powerful than any corporation back in the Standard Oil days and they need to be seriously regulated or broken up into smaller entities that are part of a competitive free market of ideas.  Speech isn't free if there is a corporate thug acting as a filter of which ideas are "acceptable".  ANYTHING short of openly agitating for violence should be legal and no corporation should have the right to shut down the free flow of ideas just because they don't fit some radical Left OR Right, Billionaire's world view.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, and then said:

I guess you get what you pay for... I started this thread, it was NEVER about Race, it IS about hate being spread - especially by the media - and being referred to as an old white is in no way insulting to me.  I am clearly within both those categories.  The "old Indian" is an SJW from way back and is about as innocent and dignified as the Black Hebrew group that were hurling VILE insults at those young people - just because of their religion and race.  These lawsuits are, hopefully, the beginning of true resistance to the liars and propagandists that control the media platforms in this nation.  

I have no comment on the situation, because, and I feel that this is the very very important part, I do not care.