Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian Govt exporting weapon systems 2 SA

Black Red Devil

The Federal Government is under fire for granting a licence to a Canberra company exporting a weapons system destined for Saudi Arabia, a country plagued by allegations of human rights atrocities committed as part of the controversial conflict in neighbouring Yemen.

link

Liberal right wing Senator Christopher Pyne made several trips to the Kingdom which was basically related to a plan originating from former PM Malcolm Turnbull in January last year to increase weapon sales over the next decade.  What better country to sell to than Saudi Arabia.  Considering there is no guarantee and transparency on where these weapons are being used all I can say is 'way to go Australia', bend over to the petrodollar and disregard any sense of ethical responsibility as Nobel Peace Prize laureate Susan Wareham mentions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

twenty years ago, I had some faith in Canberra, regardless of who was in power, today I have little to no faith, no matter who is in power.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Habitat said:

twenty years ago, I had some faith in Canberra, regardless of who was in power, today I have little to no faith, no matter who is in power.

I can say exactly the same about Washington.

• Like 1

they're just remote weapon stations to be mounted on armoured vehicles. they can be had anywhere. still considering the Kassoghi slaying and the war in Yeman you would have thought a supposedly socially progressive country like Australia would have timed it better.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Habitat said:

meh, all our politicians take inspiration and imagination from abroad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

meh, all our politicians take inspiration and imagination from abroad. 

My Republican feelings may be strongly influencing my opinion but I just don't understand why we need to always be the faithful subservients of others (that's how I see it anyway). After 118 years it's time we grow up.

• Thanks 1

On 20/02/2019 at 1:25 AM, Black Red Devil said:

The Federal Government is under fire for granting a licence to a Canberra company exporting a weapons system destined for Saudi Arabia, a country plagued by allegations of human rights atrocities committed as part of the controversial conflict in neighbouring Yemen.

link

Liberal right wing Senator Christopher Pyne made several trips to the Kingdom which was basically related to a plan originating from former PM Malcolm Turnbull in January last year to increase weapon sales over the next decade.  What better country to sell to than Saudi Arabia.  Considering there is no guarantee and transparency on where these weapons are being used all I can say is 'way to go Australia', bend over to the petrodollar and disregard any sense of ethical responsibility as Nobel Peace Prize laureate Susan Wareham mentions.

I hear you. Here in Leafland (Canada,) our Liberal Gov has been selling weapons to the Saudi's hand over fist. Before them it was the Conservatives. Now I know those weapons are being used to commit horrific genocide on the people of Yemen. They are literally eating bark and grass to survive over there. Almost a hundred thousand children are starving to death while our PM goes on parade around the world doing PR for Canadian values of peace and tolerance. It's all a farce. All of it. SA has the West by the balls.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

My Republican feelings may be strongly influencing my opinion but I just don't understand why we need to always be the faithful subservients of others (that's how I see it anyway). After 118 years it's time we grow up.

Absolutely. And not just changing one boss for another. I’m all for a republic and a new flag. 

• Like 2