Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Paul report meeting Jesus' brother?

eight bits

Just now, Ellapennella said:

Should I report you? 

You should pray like a good  and true Christian and see if your Lord offers you some resolution

~

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I had private religious tutor that was a Princeton Scholar. My grandfather was a Oxford Scholar. I'm more than familiar with your Christianity and it's beliefs don't interest me other than the history.  

Still waiting for you to answer the question though...

It seems to me this thread is about historical facts, not personal faith and certainly not a thread to express religious devotion. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, third_eye said:

You should pray like a good  and true Christian and see if your Lord offers you some resolution

~

What do you understand about what a true Christian is? 

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Still waiting for you to answer the question though...

I personally believe Paul made a lot of things up. Including his vision. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

It seems to me this thread is about historical facts, not personal faith and certainly not a thread to express religious devotion. :)

Historical facts regarding Jesus in which our Bible is the source of. That is why I ask are you seeking to find him or to disprove him?

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I personally believe Paul made a lot of things up. Including his vision. 

I can understand how people come to conclusions. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It is not all that wrong if it is truly devotional and veneration

~

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

What do you understand about what a true Christian is? 

All I know is that it is not what you claim that a true Christian is ...

~

Edited by third_eye
stoopid keyboard
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

Historical facts regarding Jesus in which our Bible is the source of. That is why I ask are you seeking to find him or to disprove him?

Personally, I have already found him.

Long ago, I looked for him and found things that pointed to him, what he is, who he is, and where he is. 

I found these things in many places, not only in the Bible.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, third_eye said:

It is no all that wrong is it is truly devotional and veneration

~

I'm not understanding what you're trying to say here. But from what you've quoted I can say to you that a flesh and blood Jesus no man will find historical evidence of that you're looking for.

All I know is that it is not what you claim that a true Christian is ...

As a true Christian I should probably pray for you. But, often times I'm not so good at praying for the enemy of my faith in my God. I know, I should be a better Christian.

Edited by Ellapennella

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Personally, I have already found him.

Long ago, I looked for him and found things that pointed to him, what he is, who he is, and where he is. 

I found these things in many places, not only in the Bible.

Yeah, you're into that UFO cult thing right? 

• Haha 1

I'm not understanding what you're trying to say here. But from what you've quoted I can say to you that a flesh and blood Jesus no man will find historical evidence of that you're looking for.

That is not for you to say. More so when you clearly have no inkling about what is being said thus far

~

As a true Christian I should probably pray for you. But, often times I'm not so good at praying for the enemy of my faith in mt God. I know, I should be a better Christian.

Not necessary, best you find better enemies to pray for. it is totally unnecessary unless you pray for yourself first. Best be a Christian first before such lofty ambitions to be better or truer Christian

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Yeah, you're into that UFO cult thing right? 

Ella,

Please resist making comments like that. Ok? As a follower of Jesus, it doesn't do a good job of representing what the spirit is of where Jesus is attempting to lead us all, in my opinion.

One other thing Ella, no one here is your enemy. But in my opinion, the only enemy of a person's faith is an unwillingness to believe what's actually true.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

As a true Christian I should probably pray for you. But, often times I'm not so good at praying for the enemy of my faith in my God. I know, I should be a better Christian.

As a true christian (Whatever that is ?) you should not consider him an enemy. Remember the whole love thy neighbour thing ? 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

As a true christian (Whatever that is ?) you should not consider him an enemy. Remember the whole love thy neighbour thing ? 

Not to mention @Ellapennella "Love thy enemy." :)

Edited by Will Due

41 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Ella,

Please resist making comments like that. Ok? As a follower of Jesus, it doesn't do a good job of representing what the spirit is of where Jesus is attempting to lead us all, in my opinion.

But, you shared that UFO thing  that you read from, it's not the Holy Bible. What was the name of it? It's a book that you follow and in it it has a whole other interpretation of Jesus. Excuse but those things are referred to as cults.

In the early days of Christ ministry his followers were refereed to as cults only they are not the same as off shoots of others who say they are Christ and whatnot.

8 hours ago, Habitat said:

What does this mean ? 

Jesus reportedly said that "He who has seen the Son has seen the Father."

With that statement, Jesus equates himself with God. 

If it's true, then knowing everything that's important to know about him historically, would be paramount. If Jesus is God.

Since it was also reported that many unnatural or supernatural things had occured when he was here for the benefit of the people's understandings about God, it would seem just as easy for him (God) to see to it supernaturally that the beneficial historical information about his life and teachings would also be provided for us, now that the world has fully emerged from the Dark Ages and we're better positioned to benefit therefrom.

It makes sense to me. :)

Edited by Will Due
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Not to mention @Ellapennella "Love thy enemy." :)

I love God's creation, I don't love sin, though we all fall into it. There is a greater purpose in this life and the after than anyone  of us can comprehend in our own understanding and as I have  faith in what I know to be true  that truth  is revealed to me by The Holy Spirit. So I know that it is an unforgivable sin to speak against The Holy Spirit.

eta

So when you all look for historical evidence to prove Jesus  true or false, I wonder why , and I consider that maybe you all just haven't really tried to find the truth.

Edited by Ellapennella

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I love God's creation, I don't love sin, though we all fall into it. There is a greater purpose in this life and the after than anyone  of us can comprehend in our own understanding and as I have  faith in what I know to be true  that truth  is revealed to me by The Holy Spirit. So I know that it is an unforgivable sin to speak against The Holy Spirit.

But Ella, I don't see anyone commiting blasphemy against anything here. We're just trying to discuss the true history of the life and teachings of Jesus. That's all.

Join us won't you?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

So when you all look for historical evidence to prove Jesus  true or false, I wonder why , and I consider that maybe you all just haven't really tried to find the truth.

I think the truth is he said "Judge not."

8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I think the truth is he said "Judge not."

You seem to be taken what Jesus taught out of context. 

13 minutes ago, Will Due said:

But Ella, I don't see anyone commiting blasphemy against anything here. We're just trying to discuss the true history of the life and teachings of Jesus. That's all.

Join us won't you?

But Will, what's the name of that book you read , maybe it's referred to as your bible, what's the name of it?

You seem to be taken what Jesus taught out of context. 

What do you think about Jesus's brothers that Paul wrote about?

Was he talkin about his siblings? Did Paul actually meet some of the brothers of Jesus who were also the sons of Joseph and Mary?

This would have been a big deal for Paul. Not ever having met Jesus himself before he was crucified. And not having sat at the feet of Jesus to hear for himself what he actually taught. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

But Will, what's the name of that book you read , maybe it's referred to as your bible, what's the name of it?

The Urantia Book is not a Bible.

Let's stick to the topic of the thread. 

When I read what Paul wrote it's clear to me that he's describing meeting the biological brothers of Jesus.

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The promise of persecution.  Would you like to remind us all of that as well?