Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man claims Yowie hair found on fence

Still Waters

On 21/02/2019 at 12:04 AM, the13bats said:

Oh let me guess you hate sykes becauses he proved yeti was what monks knew all along, a type of bear.

The quote which I thought needed correction. 

And don't be flattered, as I say this is a public forum the whole point is to debate and discuss. Even if those discussions are rather drab at times. 

9 minutes ago, oldrover said:

The relevance of that passage, in the context of the post above, is solely that Sykes et al do not attempt to wholly explain the whole yeti myth in terms of bears. And that they make that clear. 

I hope it doesn't come across as my saying that I have any time for the idea of giant snow monkeys.  

Oops, yeah, i thought your passion was coming from your believe yeti is a bigfoot bipedal hominid type, thanks for clearing that ...as least we agree there.

18 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Oops, yeah, i thought your passion was coming from your believe yeti is a bigfoot bipedal hominid type, thanks for clearing that ...as least we agree there.

No, it's from my observation that your arguments appear very poorly informed. 

Just to clarify, my objections are not to your beliefs, they're entirely your own business, or to what other evidence you have to support them, they're strictly to your interpretation of Sykes' study (see post 51), and the blanket statement that the yeti is a type of bear, when it is clearly a myth with more complex origins. 

Edited by oldrover

4 minutes ago, oldrover said:

The quote which I thought needed correction. 

And don't be flattered, as I say this is a public forum the whole point is to debate and discuss. Even if those discussions are rather drab at times. 

When people take a long time to make a reply to me and keep going and going i assure you i cant keep from being very flattered.

Yeah, you only attacked sykes not the monks, or any other source, i have no problem with people hating sykes its just i dont care, they should tell him how they feel about his work...waste of time telling me.

26 minutes ago, oldrover said:

No, it's from my observation that your arguments appear very poorly informed. 

That had little to nothing to do with what you quoted from me but okay,

Im not arguing at all, just discussing, im informed just enough to have decided at this point yeti is a type of bear ive also have come to a conclusion from info provided what you are all about.

Have a good one,

Probably just a wild pig, they have coarse hair, and they smell, and are known to damage fencing  !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Probably just a wild pig, they have coarse hair, and they smell, and are known to damage fencing  !

Yeah, we did way, way off topic, sorry,

I do hope they have the hair tested.

Wild pigs are in profusion, in that area, one thing that most certainly cannot be said about Yowies !

Im in eustis 10 sq mile town near central florida, i knew feral, wild hogs got big but i was floored at the size of one i saw in the back of a pick up, it was a giant. Oops, there i go back off topic...yowie hair..um, made when the pig lost hair on the fence it screamed "yowie"

On 2/22/2019 at 10:05 PM, Carnoferox said:

Sykes is the only one who's tested Zana's DNA (that I know of) and he says 100% Sub-Saharan African. Then again he published his results in a sensationalistic book and not a peer-reviewed paper.

In his description of the African DNA, the math doesn't add up the way he says it does, and it conflicts with his joke of a Genealogy chart.

The Zana case skulls have been tested multiple times according to Igor Burtsev, none of those results have ever been published AFAIK. One of the tests confirmed Bryan Sykes finding of L2C MTDNA.