Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 UFO sightings reported every day in Canada

UM-Bot

36 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

If you studied a bit about it you too will understand why they are not alien crafts visiting Earth.

they could be alien in origin.. we have no idea what's out there= the way we look at the horse & cart now; this is how an alien race could look at our way of transport...

what gets on my nerves is when people tell me aliens are here because they do nothing more than believe what they're told=== without facts!

1 minute ago, John n b said:

I agree with you, it could be, now what ,exactly .there's nothing we could do to would prove either way.

well there is== show facts.. without facts it's nothing more than a story.. science can not & will not work with stories.. this is why science is not interested= now that's a fact

30 minutes ago, John n b said:

So we are looking for life on other planets, so can't life on other planets be looking for life on other planets, or is it just us that's looking, being the only ones amongst those trillions of stars.

While we may be looking for life on other planets, those life forms are looking for intelligent life on this one, hence all the sightings through the years, they still havent succeeded in finding any.

1 minute ago, DodgyDaoist said:

hence all the sightings through the years, they still havent succeeded in finding any.

how do you know?

6 minutes ago, John n b said:

I agree with you, it could be, now what ,exactly .there's nothing we could do to would prove either way.

An actual alien craft would be the proof we need. 

12 minutes ago, John n b said:

So we are looking for life on other planets, so can't life on other planets be looking for life on other planets, or is it just us that's looking, being the only ones amongst those trillions of stars.

I never said there was no life out there, i believe there is, but the other planets are too far away for man to reach. We can only observe what the spacecrafts we send out are sending back to us.

If an alien craft is visiting Earth we would spot it. There are thousands of astronomers watching the skies and they have not said an alien craft has visited us.

If you took the time to study astronomy you will understand it a bit more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

how do you know?

Because if you really dig down and take a hard look at humanity, it becomes apparent that we are not particularly intelligent. We possess some technology, but technological achievements arent necessarily a sign of intelligence.

Just now, DodgyDaoist said:

we are not particularly intelligent.

compared to what/ who? what yardstick are you using?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

well there is== show facts.. without facts it's nothing more than a story.. science can not & will not work with stories.. this is why science is not interested= now that's a fact

You can't say for sure that science is not interested in the are we being visited by aliens question, it's something they probably wouldn't announce if they are studying the issue.

Just now, John n b said:

You can't say for sure that science is not interested in the are we being visited by aliens question, it's something they probably wouldn't announce if they are studying the issue.

if you say so

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

An actual alien craft would be the proof we need. 

I never said there was no life out there, i believe there is, but the other planets are too far away for man to reach. We can only observe what the spacecrafts we send out are sending back to us.

If an alien craft is visiting Earth we would spot it. There are thousands of astronomers watching the skies and they have not said an alien craft has visited us.

If you took the time to study astronomy you will understand it a bit more.

I do have an interest in astronomy. 

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

if you say so

Do you know if they are or not, do you think they might be, I don't suppose you have any facts regarding, no harm in speculating.

1 minute ago, John n b said:

Do you know if they are or not, do you think they might be, I don't suppose you have any facts regarding, no harm in speculating.

i agree

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i agree

This is a bit off topic, but did you ever see a programme about ball lightning, where they had a scientist on who used to be skeptical about the phenomena, the way it passed through walls and windows, then one day he witnessed it  himself on a flight when he seen it enter the aircraft, float down the aisle and exit at the rear, after that he was hooked on the subject, so obviously those people who had been witness to it knew what they had seen was real and not some figment of their imagination. 

I believe as vast as the universe is there is likely live out there, some will be single cell life and some will make us look like single cell life,

Physics exists and aliens woud face the same challenges to travel trough space, they might be so advanced in their technology they can do things that we can only dream of or use in sci fi films, but hurdles are there.

So it is a huge reach for me to believe with all that tech required to visit earth they either cant hide with no trace or just park and say hi,

Plus its not just the usa the entire world looks to space and no way to get every single person in every single country to maintain some secret conspiracy of slience. Unless sci fi plots apply to the real world,

Stanton Friedman said to the effect are all ufos alien craft ? no, of course not, are most? No, but the question is are any? His answer is yes, but my answer is no, because we do not have a shred of scientific proof,  just anecdotes, pictures and belief, anecdote and belief, ill pass on pictures do not prove anything because they arent showing anything of value,

So for now i do not believe the earth has been visited, the fun part that could change at any moment and likely someday will.

56 minutes ago, DodgyDaoist said:

it becomes apparent that we are not particularly intelligent. We possess some technology, but technological achievements arent necessarily a sign of intelligence.

How so?  Please quantify your 'digging down' for us.

in fact, I'd first ask the obvious question - If you claim we are not particularly intelligent, could you point to all of the known species that are more intelligent?  Then we can compare that to all the life forms that are less intelligent, OK? 

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

How so?  Please quantify your 'digging down' for us.

in fact, I'd first ask the obvious question - If you claim we are not particularly intelligent, could you point to all of the known species that are more intelligent?  Then we can compare that to all the life forms that are less intelligent, OK? 

this question has already been put to this individual= but in not so many words;)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, John n b said:

This is a bit off topic, but did you ever see a programme about ball lightning, where they had a scientist on who used to be skeptical about the phenomena, the way it passed through walls and windows, then one day he witnessed it  himself on a flight when he seen it enter the aircraft, float down the aisle and exit at the rear, after that he was hooked on the subject, so obviously those people who had been witness to it knew what they had seen was real and not some figment of their imagination. 

T'was several scientists, actually.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2000/05/17/127660.htm

Interestingly, chinese scientists claim to have captured good footage along with spectrographic analysis, but they have thus far refused to release the footage (showing that chinese science is held back by their gov't probably for potential weapon use?).....

But there are a couple of rather significant differences between science's acceptance of ball lightning/plasma, and it's complete disinterest in / lack of acceptance of UFO's being aliens..

1. UFO's being aliens is not supported in any way by actual evidence.  And to date we have no evidence of aliens existing, let alone within 'travel distance', let alone with technology that might allow them to reach here.  Sure, it seems likely that alien intelligent life exists 'out there' somewhere..  But given there appears to be none 'cept us in our solar system, I think it's fair to say it is likely to be somewhere between very, very rare, and possibly, sadly, non-existent.

2.While ball lightning is quite rare, there are many corroborated reports, plus on a few occasions it has been duplicated in lab conditions. 

BTW, did you know that you may be lucky enough to see a version of ball lightning yourself?  All you need is some grapes (some varieties are better than others - experiment) and a microwave.  Take a few grapes and cut them almost in half - leave a tiny bit uncut so you can open it out but it is still connected.  Put the grapes on a suitable plate and microwave for about ten seconds and watch.  You'll see plasma!  If you are very lucky the plasma may briefly separate from the grape and go upwards..

Note, damage to microwave may occur if you use longer times.  Don't.

Note that some of the techniques used there may set your microwave / house on fire.... :D 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

compared to what/ who? what yardstick are you using?

And what yardstick would you use ?

Intelligence is not a clearly defined subject , there are a number of different theories and measurements, not to mention the meaning or understanding differs by society as well.

However lets use wiki:

Human intelligence is the intellectual power of humans, which is marked by complex cognitive feats and high levels of motivation and self-awareness.[18] Intelligence enables humans to remember descriptions of things and use those descriptions in future behaviors. It is a cognitive process. It gives humans the cognitive abilities to learn, form concepts, understand, and reason, including the capacities to recognize patterns, comprehend ideas, plan, solve problems, and use language to communicate. Intelligence enables humans to experience and think.

Note that much of the above definition applies also to the intelligence of non-human animals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence

Now with all those cognitive abilities and capacities we are given/granted/inherited etc we still cling to social constructs that date back to the earliest of mans ancestors. Tribalism , superstition as in religion, patriarchy, race , gender and general discrimination to name but a few. These constructs should have been eliminated or at least been overcome as obstacles to growth as we progressed through the ages, yet they havent, and in some instances have actually grown to become even more insidious within human society.

The fact that we still face so many issues that have been around for eons, which remain unresolved, shows that we certainly arent as intelligent as we like to think nor claim to be.

9 minutes ago, DodgyDaoist said:

And what yardstick would you use ?

you're answering a question with a question !! not good! there is no yardstick= that's my point..

do me the honour of not pointing me to links referring to other peoples opinions- i'm asking 'you'

so start again:

what yardstick are YOU referring to??? do you have <your own> opinion on it? i'd like to hear it

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, John n b said:

What scientist would be sceptical about ball lighting when we know for a fact it happens?

What the scientists did not know was how it happened, which is different from being sceptical about it happening.

But they now think they do know

And what they found may have finally solved the centuries-old riddle of ball lightning, luminous orbs that sometimes linger in the atmosphere during thunderstorms.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/61946-ball-lightning-quantum-particle.html

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 3:59 PM, freetoroam said:

The article is not about aliens, it is about the number of reports people make about UFO's (which does not mean alien crafts visiting Earth) 

He is not saying there are aliens visiting us.

Gee thanks... But if you WERE an alien, and you WERE in a UFO, what better place to go?

Could it be one ufo is an alien craft? Sure it could be.

So what, we dont know which one, it didnt make contact, so dead end, it kind of is a big moot point.

16 minutes ago, mdbuilder said:

Gee thanks... But if you WERE an alien, and you WERE in a UFO, what better place to go?

If i were an alien i would go to the nearest planet with life on, (at the moment we do not know which one that is ) it would not be Earth as i would be coming from there.

Unfortunately because of the size of the universe, time is not on my side to be travelling through the Universe, especially if i intend to get back home again. 

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Unfortunately because of the size of the universe, time is not on my side to be travelling through the Universe, especially if i intend to get back home again. 

Using our current method of travelling in space, time would not be on your side,  we've only been going into space for sixty years, and that in relation to man's development on earth we've not invented the wheel yet. Some scientists do believe that wormholes exist and that they are probably our highways to distant planets in a short period of time.

• Like 1