Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Domestic terrorist' attack plan thwarted

Farmer77

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

He is purposely encouraging the very worst parts of our society, whether you want to admit it or not.

The real brutal irony of this statement is that by doing that he is also encouraging the inverse worst parts of our society to rise up against those he is publicly supporting and now the risk is of a run away train of tit for tat events situation is rising.

Which ya know, very well may just be the goal.

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

The real brutal irony of this statement is that by doing that he is also encouraging the inverse worst parts of our society to rise up against those he is publicly supporting and now the risk is of a run away train of tit for tat events situation is rising.

Which ya know, very well may just be the goal.

Tit for tat is all that's going on. This man, did indeed, say he was targeting Democrats and the media. No one said that was right. It's not funny in the least. Most of these loners attack randomly for whatever reason gets into their little heads. It's not political at all. They aren't funny either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

What is cognitive dissonance and why do you think I have that?

Cognitive Dissonance

Cognitive dissonance refers to a situation involving conflicting attitudes, beliefs or behaviors. This produces a feeling of mental discomfort leading to an alteration in one of the attitudes, beliefs or behaviors to reduce the discomfort and restore balance.

In this case you have a position and I showed you facts to disprove your position, leading to the potential for cognitive dissonance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Cognitive Dissonance

In this case you have a position and I showed you facts to disprove your position, leading to the potential for cognitive dissonance.

And you've been shown facts you choose to ignore. So what! You don't upset me. I have my own point of view. You just thought you were funny. You aren't.

• Thanks 1

Tit for tat is all that's going on. This man, did indeed, say he was targeting Democrats and the media. No one said that was right. It's not funny in the least. Most of these loners attack randomly for whatever reason gets into their little heads. It's not political at all. They aren't funny either.

Stop just stop.  IM honestly vacillating between cracking up laughing and being angry as hell at your post.

The dude had a political hit list and yet you claim its not political? At what point does that end?  Was 9/11 political or was that just a bunch of loners who randomly attacked because of whatever reason got into their little heads?

Its really scary the lengths youre trying to go to to deny the reality that Trumpism has encouraged extremism.

• Like 1

susieice, you can call anyone anything as long as you don't agree with their stance, doncha know.  Hate mode will put you into any category that doesn't fit in with their narrative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And you've been shown facts you choose to ignore. So what! You don't upset me. I have my own point of view. You just thought you were funny. You aren't.

Please do enlighten me? Im sorry that I missed them. Please show me facts, and no handwaving that "people have always been crazy" is not actually providing facts that are relevant to the conversation.

I can show you via government statistics and policy that right wing extremism is on the rise in the age of Trump, do you have facts to argue against that?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Please do enlighten me? Im sorry that I missed them. Please show me facts, and no handwaving that "people have always been crazy" is not actually providing facts that are relevant to the conversation.

I can show you via government statistics and policy that right wing extremism is on the rise in the age of Trump, do you have facts to argue against that?

Read. And don't act like I'm the only one that has.

• Like 2

“Perhaps we need some outside universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world.”

Perhaps we could start by getting along here at home...

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

Read. And don't act like I'm the only one that has.

You posted a link about the fort hood shooting....ummmm  do you think that somehow negates the data available for today?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Perhaps we could start by getting along here at home...

Reagan had the best speechwriters. I still like reading Peggy Noonan

Encouraging extremism is exactly what we are dealing with. False accusations of  every kind of "ism" on the books are being reported and proven false. The sad part is, people are falling for it hook, line and sinker. They blame "the others" saying it was emboldened by Trump.

During the Obama regime "they" said hate groups were at an all time high. "They" are saying the same thing now.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So ... I guess it looks like Trump ain't gonna get a Nobel Peace Prize then ...  I guess ?

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Left wing rose under Obama. These riots weren't under Bush or Trump.

https://247sports.com/college/west-virginia/Board/103782/Contents/Race-riots-under-Obama-administration-71160235/

These are newer. According to your philosophy, the President sets the tone so we'll have to see what happens after the 2020 elections.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/left-wing-violence-midterm-elections/

https://nypost.com/2018/07/29/when-will-democrats-condemn-the-lefts-growing-turn-to-violence/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You posted a link about the fort hood shooting....ummmm  do you think that somehow negates the data available for today?

Negates nothing. Just shows Hassan isn't the first active military person to act on crazy impulses. Are you upset that this happened in 2009 and not under Trump? I also mentioned McVeigh. Are you upset this didn't happen under Trump? He can't be blamed.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Negates nothing. Just shows Hassan isn't the first active military person to act on crazy impulses.

Youre trying to use anecdotes to override statistics. Thats........ um.....yeah .....umm,.....yeah I just cant find a nice way to put it so um ...........

Are you upset that this happened in 2009 and not under Trump?

What kind of ridiculous question is this ? :lol:  Bumper sticker quality depth there susie

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Encouraging extremism is exactly what we are dealing with. False accusations of  every kind of "ism" on the books are being reported and proven false. The sad part is, people are falling for it hook, line and sinker. They blame "the others" saying it was emboldened by Trump.

During the Obama regime "they" said hate groups were at an all time high. "They" are saying the same thing now.

That's exactly whats happening. Extremists. Violence. And according to what is being said now, it is the President that sets the mood. So what happens under their watch is their fault. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Youre trying to use anecdotes to override statistics. Thats........ um.....yeah .....umm,.....yeah I just cant find a nice way to put it so um ...........

What kind of ridiculous question is this ? :lol:  Bumper sticker quality depth there susie

Sure statistics. And facts! There have been shootings and violence long before Trump came into office. I think the idea that you can't blame Trump for the last 10 years has you upset. You refuse to see it. You think you're funny. You aren't.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

Just now, susieice said:

Sure statistics. And facts! There have been shootings and violence long before Trump came into office. I think the idea that you can't blame Trump for the last 10 years has you upset. You refuse to see it. You think you're funny. You aren't.

Noone is denying that violence existed before Trump. Wow I cant believe that you actually are making me say that. Do you honestly think that anyone believes there was no violence before Trump?

What is real, what is happening, is that right wing extremism is on the rise under Trump. Its certainly not Trump's creation, he however is responsible for encouraging what already existed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, susieice said:

Left wing rose under Obama. These riots weren't under Bush or Trump.

Youre not wrong. Obama encouraged BLM and others through both policy and speeches. One of the unintended consequences was that the extremes of those groups resorted to violence as a result of his encouragement.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, joc said:

Why be completely ridiculous when it is just as easy to shoot straight?  The president of the United States ...whether it's Bush, or Clinton, or Obama, or Trump, or anyone else has absolutely nothing to do with people being Psychopathic.  Please.  Get a grip people!

Wow, you really believe that?  You really think leaders don't have influence over people?  So by your reasoning all Germans were psychos before WWII rather than Hitler influencing them with his ideas of grandeur and antisemitism.  Interesting

• Thanks 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Noone is denying that violence existed before Trump. Wow I cant believe that you actually are making me say that. Do you honestly think that anyone believes there was no violence before Trump?

What is real, what is happening, is that right wing extremism is on the rise under Trump. Its certainly not Trump's creation, he however is responsible for encouraging what already existed.

So Obama has to own up to the race riots that burned cities throughout his eight years. Actually this crazy Major did his shooting under Obama. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Youre not wrong. Obama encouraged BLM and others through both policy and speeches. One of the unintended consequences was that the extremes of those groups resorted to violence as a result of his encouragement.

And that differs from the extremes of these groups because?

• Like 2

Bravo! The arrest of this individual is a result of the President's unwavering support to law enforcement nationwide. A massacre was stopped dead in its tracks. LIVES were Saved! Let us Rejoice!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, susieice said:

And that differs from the extremes of these groups because?

Which groups are you referring to? White Supremacists? Are you seriously asking the difference between BLM and white supremacists?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 'Domestic terrorist' attack plan thwarted