Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Domestic terrorist' attack plan thwarted

Farmer77

Feds: Racist ‘Domestic Terrorist’ Coast Guard Lieutenant Plotted To Kill Democrats, Reporters

A lieutenant in the U.S. Coast Guard is a domestic terrorist and a self-identified white nationalist who was stockpiling weapons to “murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country,” federal prosecutors alleged in shocking court filings this week.

Christopher Paul Hasson was arrested on Feb. 15 on gun and drug charges. Four days later, federal prosecutors wrote in a motion to detain Hasson that those charges were just the “tip of the proverbial iceberg.”  

According to prosecutors, Hasson wrote about establishing an ethno-state — a goal he acknowledged would require violence. “Liberalist/globalist ideology is destroying traditional peoples esp white. No way to counteract without violence,” Hasson wrote in a June 2017 draft email obtained by prosecutors. “Much blood will have to be spilled to get ****** off the couch,” he continued.

“I don’t know if there truly is a ‘conspiracy’ of ((((People)))) out to destroy me and mine, but there is an attack none the less,” Hasson wrote in the draft email, deploying parentheses around the word “people” to signify Jews.

Hasson appears to have researched specific targets for his violent plans. After viewing a headline claiming that MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough described President Donald Trump as the “worst ever,” he searched “where is morning joe filmed.” He queried Google for “most liberal senators”; “where do most senators live in dc”; “do senators have ss [secret service] protection” and “are supreme court justices protected.” He also researched prominent left-leaning media figures and politicians, including Chris Hayes, Ari Melber, Don Lemon, Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), former Rep. Beto O’Rourke and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.)

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Good thing they caught him before he did any damage!

Put him away for good,hell if all the charges stick fry his ass and save tax payers dollars.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Where have I heard this fanaticism before?  It's surprising he didn't strap some bombs and blow himself up in a cafe or place where Democrats gather.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the rise in home grown terrorism, Trump.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 8
  • Confused 2

murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country,”

What with 15 guns? 

Luckily he was caught, unlike those who went to kill innocent people before getting caught or killed or commiting suicide...and they come in all shapes, sizes and colours. 

Spree killers all have a few things in common, they are riled with hate and they want to kill as many innocent people as possible and they are all cowards with guns. Many commit suicide.

He is not on the list of spree killers as he was caught in time,  but he could have been and over the years there have been many, again, all shape, sizes and colours.

• Like 6

It amazes me that this guy was active duty CG and thought he could do such research online and stockpile weapons but he also had drug charges and that may answer the question.  It's one thing to abhor what the Left and their 5th column buddies are up to and another to decide to murder them.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Thanks for the rise in home grown terrorism Trump.

The link lists rampage/spree killers over the years, you can not blame Trump for them, and some of their motives were not much different from this one. 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

The link lists rampage/spree killers over the years, you can not blame Trump for them, and some of their motives were not much different from this one. 

Too many words have become generic shadows of what they once were. It's a shame.

• Like 4

Wow! Another one. Well at least they caught him before he got a chance to make any bombs and mail them off. Sounds like his intent was to really kill people.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, joc said:

I'm sorry but that's just stupid! 

But there was never racism or terrorism before Trump. At least I don't think there was. Not really sure now. Let me think on that a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Your link is a confusing mess. First, the list covers the Americas, not America. Two, the political affiliations are missing. It would be interesting to see. Three, half of the list is suicides. Yes, I can blame Trump and every other Repub politition for enabling these wackjobs to run amuck.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

It's the United States and the Americas. This one in particular is US Politics.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yes, I can blame Trump and every other Repub politition for enabling these wackjobs to run amuck.

I don't recall any outrage from you when the nutjob Sanders supporter actually opened fire on a group of House Republicans.  The big difference between us is that I don't even imagine rank and file party members being to blame for those actions.  The ones that should bear some responsibility are those who use their visibility to preach to the masses and who don't concern themselves with the accuracy of what they are preaching.  CNN, NBC, MSNBC, Fox... These people hide behind the First Amendment and preach hate, basically.  It's no surprise when mental cases use that kind of validation to act out.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

No you cant but its wholly disingenuous to pretend that this kind of thought process hasnt increased, and been encouraged,  under Trump.

• Like 7

We've had nut jobs forever. I guess Timothy McVeigh was Clinton's fault. This is Christopher Paul Hasson's fault and no one else. He owns it.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No you cant but its wholly disingenuous to pretend that this kind of thought process hasnt increased, and been encouraged,  under Trump.

What part of above post don't you understand? How much of generically calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a racist have to do with it?

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, susieice said:

What part of above post don't you understand? How much of generically calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a racist have to do with it?

About as much as blaming Obama for all of the race riots during his regime. How many cities have burned lately?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, susieice said:

What part of above post don't you understand?

What I dont understand is why "people" think they can create their own reality and try and insist others live by it.

To reality is violent white supremacy is on the rise in the age of Trump. This is just one example  The FBI recorded a surge of hate crimes last year. But it undercounted — by a lot.

24 minutes ago, susieice said:

How much of generically calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a racist have to do with it?

Ah yes sloganeering AND the victim card all in one, well done susieice , well done :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

It amazes me that this guy was active duty CG and thought he could do such research online and stockpile weapons but he also had drug charges and that may answer the question.  It's one thing to abhor what the Left and their 5th column buddies are up to and another to decide to murder them.  

This isn't the first one that was military. Remember this guy? He was every bit as crazy. Do we split up the responsibility for this between Bush and Obama?

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/army-major-kills-13-people-in-fort-hood-shooting-spree

• Like 1

Just now, susieice said:

This isn't the first one that was military. Remember this guy? He was every bit as crazy. Do we split up the responsibility for this between Bush and Obama?

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/army-major-kills-13-people-in-fort-hood-shooting-spree

Did Bush or Obama call Soldiers the enemy of the people?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

What I dont understand is why "people" think they can create their own reality and try and insist others live by it.

To reality is violent white supremacy is on the rise in the age of Trump. This is just one example  The FBI recorded a surge of hate crimes last year. But it undercounted — by a lot.

Ah yes sloganeering AND the victim card all in one, well done susieice , well done :lol:

It doesn't sound to me like this nut wanted others to live period! You just can't be talked to.

• Like 3

@susieice

From 2017

FBI and DHS Warned of Growing Threat From White Supremacists Months Ago Trump doesn't want to call out white supremacists. The FBI already did.

he FBI and the Department of Homeland Security in May warned that white supremacist groups had already carried out more attacks than any other domestic extremist group over the past 16 years and were likely to carry out more attacks over the next year, according to an intelligence bulletin obtained by Foreign Policy.

Even as President Donald Trump continues to resist calling out white supremacists for violence, federal law enforcement has made clear that it sees these types of domestic extremists as a severe threat. The report, dated May 10, says the FBI and DHS believe that members of the white supremacist movement “likely will continue to pose a threat of lethal violence over the next year.”

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 'Domestic terrorist' attack plan thwarted