Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Gas boilers could be banned in new UK homes

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

Gas hobs or boilers that harm the environment should be banned from being installed in new homes within six years, say government advisers.

A report by the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) said that no new homes should be connected to the gas grid from 2025 at the latest.

It warned that UK homes are not fit for the future with stalling efforts to cut greenhouse gases from housing and properties at growing risk of overheating and flooding.

The proposals would see an end to gas radiators, boilers and cooking hobs, which may disappoint home cooks who find them easier to control than electric.

https://news.sky.com/story/gas-hobs-and-boilers-could-be-banned-in-new-homes-by-2025-to-meet-carbon-emissions-targets-11643467

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Myles

Perhaps I didn't read it thorough enough, but I didn't see the alternative other than electric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn

nuclear cookers are the future, meals cooked in under a minute and at night you save on the electric by you glowing and lighting up the room. bringing a whole new meaning to the phrase "He/She (enter) they light up the room"

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome

oh go away and stop bothering everybody. For ****'s sake, gas is about the cleanest fuel there is. Just go away 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
1 hour ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

oh go away and stop bothering everybody. For ****'s sake, gas is about the cleanest fuel there is. Just go away 

It may be cleaner in terms of 'dirty' emissions (NOx, VOCs, etc) but it is a hydrocarbon (fossil) fuel and as such is as environmentally damaging as the combustion of petrol or diesel.

They all dump water, energy (in the form of heat), and carbon dioxide into our finite atmosphere with adverse consequences. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Gas hobs or boilers that harm the environment should be banned from being installed in new homes within six years, say government advisers.

A report by the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) said that no new homes should be connected to the gas grid from 2025 at the latest.

It warned that UK homes are not fit for the future with stalling efforts to cut greenhouse gases from housing and properties at growing risk of overheating and flooding.

The proposals would see an end to gas radiators, boilers and cooking hobs, which may disappoint home cooks who find them easier to control than electric.

https://news.sky.com/story/gas-hobs-and-boilers-could-be-banned-in-new-homes-by-2025-to-meet-carbon-emissions-targets-11643467

It might disappoint all of the Gas supply companies that would go out of business too.

Think i'll file this next to my 'driverless cars' folder.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan

I'll just get myself a traditional range.  And burn coal  :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
49 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

It might disappoint all of the Gas supply companies that would go out of business too.

 

Aren't the power plants run on Natural gas?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
On 2/21/2019 at 8:59 AM, Ozymandias said:

 

They all dump water, energy (in the form of heat), and carbon dioxide into our finite atmosphere with adverse consequences. 

lol, what???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
Quote

They all dump water, energy (in the form of heat), and carbon dioxide into our finite atmosphere with adverse consequences. 

You know what else dumps water, heat and CO2 in the atmosphere?

Spoiler

You.

Natural gas especially is very clean compared to a lot of other fuel sources. It's cheap, clean and plentiful. Run a line out to your BBQ for best results. I <3 natural gas.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

lol, he also dumps toxic chemicals, solid, liquid, and gases lol.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
8 hours ago, aztek said:

lol, what???

I said, 

On 21/02/2019 at 1:59 PM, Ozymandias said:

They all dump water, energy (in the form of heat), and carbon dioxide into our finite atmosphere with adverse consequences. 

What did you not understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Ozymandias
8 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

You know what else dumps water, heat and CO2 in the atmosphere?

What is the point you are struggling to make here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
8 hours ago, aztek said:

lol, he also dumps toxic chemicals, solid, liquid, and gases lol.

Is that supposed to be an accusation? If so, you are guilty yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
26 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

What is the point you are struggling to make here?

I made that point with my eyes closed. If you are struggling with comprehension, I'm sure there are local reading classes you can take. Ask your handler if it's OK, of course.

Let me spell it out for you: you tried to make the case that natural gas is a bad pollutant. I fired back back saying the same elements you listed as pollutants are also coming out of your own body. Your sharp wit won't be missed if you decide to save the planet by removing your pollutants forever. Good luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

A Green New Deal proponent!  This should come along about the same time as the "self-driving bike"  :w00t:

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EnderOTD

@and then I just wet myself

Edited by EnderOTD
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
37 minutes ago, EnderOTD said:

@and then I just wet myself

A friend posted this on my FB feed a few years ago on AprilFool's day.  It actually had me going for a bit :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
10 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

I made that point with my eyes closed. If you are struggling with comprehension, I'm sure there are local reading classes you can take. Ask your handler if it's OK, of course.

Read? I'd love to be able to read but I don't think she'll let me take the classes. As for comprehension - I suppose comprehension comes after an ability to read and I would have to learn to read first. What do you think? 

10 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Let me spell it out for you: you tried to make the case that natural gas is a bad pollutant.

I didn't try - I don't have to - it is a pollutant. I will repeat what I said so you can read it again:

[Gas] may be cleaner in terms of 'dirty' emissions (NOx, VOCs, etc) but it is a hydrocarbon (fossil) fuel and as such is as environmentally damaging as the combustion of petrol or diesel.

They all dump water, energy (in the form of heat), and carbon dioxide into our finite atmosphere with adverse consequences. 

10 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

I fired back back saying the same elements you listed as pollutants are also coming out of your own body. Your sharp wit won't be missed if you decide to save the planet by removing your pollutants forever. Good luck.

So, what is the point you are struggling to make? Is it that we should cut back the human population on the planet because people put water, energy and CO2 into the atmosphere as does combustion of fossil fuels? Or are you saying that we are justified in continuing to burn hydrocarbon fuels unabated because humans put the same 'pollutants' into the atmosphere?  

The fact is that you cannot equate the two. They are not the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EnderOTD
6 hours ago, and then said:

A friend posted this on my FB feed a few years ago on AprilFool's day.  It actually had me going for a bit :) 

I shared it on FB and left a message reading, I hear this is a major component in the green new deal proposed by neocrats.  Waiting to see how that will be received as many of my friends are Bernie supporters lol. 

I knew something was up when the self driving mom came up at the end, and working while biking, my goodness.  It had me rolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.