Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crazy idea or is it?

Buster1977

Ok first I have to ask you to be open minded on this. I'm not a genius or very book smart at all realy, but something keeps popping into my head and it driving me bonkers. I'll just jump straight to the point because I don't wanna sound too crazy. I keep thinking...and feeling like maybe our world... universe...and everything in it is part of a cell inside something so big we wouldn't even be able to comprehend, and that mass is just a fluid but we are so small that it doesn't seem like fluid. If maybe we could look further into cells and I'm talking a billion times or more closer maybe we would find similarities to our universe... Crazy huh?

• Like 8

No, not crazy at all. It's not an uncommon thought either. It isn't the case but not in anyway weird or unusual to consider it. 

• Like 6

It's a pretty common thought actually, a lot of people have wondered about that very possibility. It shows up in many types of media as well, as diverse as Steven King's Dark Tower series and the Simpsons. And like ten years ago I saw this simulation of the shape of the universe, that (some deliberate colouring included) somewhat resembled a neural network. So you're not crazy for wondering about that. 

• Like 3

Our universe is a Tardigrade in itself. 

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 12:12 PM, Buster1977 said:

Ok first I have to ask you to be open minded on this. I'm not a genius or very book smart at all realy, but something keeps popping into my head and it driving me bonkers. I'll just jump straight to the point because I don't wanna sound too crazy. I keep thinking...and feeling like maybe our world... universe...and everything in it is part of a cell inside something so big we wouldn't even be able to comprehend, and that mass is just a fluid but we are so small that it doesn't seem like fluid. If maybe we could look further into cells and I'm talking a billion times or more closer maybe we would find similarities to our universe... Crazy huh?

In Quantum Mechanics the maths for extra dimensions has been largely completed, it is used in many technological applications, and works. But no one has ever seen or directly detected an extra dimension.

For me I had an odd idea similar to yours. When we go up in scale from a cell, to a human, to a city, to a country, planet, galaxy, etc, do we loop back around and reach cells again.

• Like 3

Thx all for responding...the article was a good read and almost hit my theory head on... I think maybe we would all be terrofied if we really knew the truth. But it's nice to know other people think similar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/21/2019 at 5:12 AM, Buster1977 said:

This thought, you have spoken, is actually an ancestral one. For the Indo-Iraneans, before ancient persia, it was thought, that the whole universe was one mind, and everything was a thought. Or in Native American philosophy, all things are connected, as part of the grand balance, unified in one heart. To ancient Israelites, all of the universe was a womb, a water, which the fiery sea, the stars, stirred into life.

It is true, that the universe is one interconnected Mind, and her heart is the fire above, who dwells within her. You can see that in the microcosms, there are patterns, which identically, exist in the macrocosms, numerically, and actionally. There are images, that exist, structures, which are identical in the Macro cosmos, and in the Micro cosmos.

You are on the right track with all this!  be blessed.

• Like 3

On 2/22/2019 at 9:21 PM, Orphalesion said:

Steven King's Dark Tower series

The NEXXUS was the first thing I thought of when I read the OP.  Infinitely small/large.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...