Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess Tournament Finalists

joc

17 hours ago, -Nuke- said:

Atlantis is very tough if you dont think every move through thoroughly after your opening he will tear someone apart. Somehow I pulled out a draw our first game but he ripped through my Sicilian. I used a variation that doesnt exist that I thought existed in my brain hahaha :)

What is your "Sicilian"?

13 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

I prayed for you!

Glad someone did. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pettytalk said:

I never used it, nor looked into it. Does it help with suggesting moves to beat the opponent?

It gives you the ability to virtually play the game.  You can move both your and your opponents pieces back and forth. You can also flip the board to see your opponents perspective. 

Example:  In your mind you are trying to decide a move. You play the game in your mind...if I move here, and my opponent counters there then I will move my knight and that's checkmate.  

You can literally plot those moves on the analysis board, often resulting in an...omg I can't do that!...moment.

For those of us who, despite our best efforts at remembering, fall short in that department, going back and reviewing the game allows us some equality with those who have no memory issues. Plus, it is a helper when it's your move but...sorry I have to leave for work now, or, it's too late I must go to bed now.

Also, if you enjoy watching other player's games, you can put their game on the analysis  board and do the same thing.  

Suffice to say, it is helpful for both the inexperienced players as well as the master's...at least in on-line competitions where interruptions are common place. :)

4 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

I never used it, nor looked into it. Does it help with suggesting moves to beat the opponent?

It allows u to "think" farther ahead without actually doing it. I guess technically if u are in a bad spot u could play the game out with every move possible it would take an infinite amount of time. 

Edit: I'm not sure if I'm opposed to it or not. I just know in a OTB tournament you dont have one. But like joc said online games are different if you have many going on and forget what you were actually doing.

Edited by -Nuke-
  • Like 2

Hey @joc,

Sorry guys I have to bail out of the tournament , I have a ton of things popping up for me right now so I am too stressed to focus on it. :(:(.

I will still be watching as the tourney progresses though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

What is your "Sicilian"?

It's one of the most common defenses when white uses king pawn. E4c5 has many variations. I use to have most of them memorized depending on what the opponent does. Dragon, naljdorf(sp?), ect 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, -Nuke- said:

It's one of the most common defenses when white uses king pawn. E4c5 has many variations. I use to have most of them memorized depending on what the opponent does. Dragon, naljdorf(sp?), ect 

Thanks...I thought it was some kind of mafia move.....like making an offer (move) the opponent cannot refuse; a queen's gambit of sort, only it's a forced and unnoticed move. I'm no chess expert, just an amateur who has not played in decades. I should have pursued it in my youth, as I noticed that this game helps with my senile dementia.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Thanks...I thought it was some kind of mafia move.....like making an offer (move) the opponent cannot refuse; a queen's gambit of sort, only it's a forced and unnoticed move. I'm no chess expert, just an amateur who has not played in decades. I should have pursued it in my youth, as I noticed that this game helps with my senile dementia.

Haha yeah they say you get your best game as a youth. I'm pretty sure I was much better when I was addicted to it but when u get older you have what seems like years of no game play and come back rusty as hell !!

• Like 1

Have started a game with both Joc and Ozymandias.

Good luck guys. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Hey @joc,

Sorry guys I have to bail out of the tournament , I have a ton of things popping up for me right now so I am too stressed to focus on it. :(:(.

I will still be watching as the tourney progresses though. 

Okay...be calm my friend! :)  If things change in the near future for you let me know. Thanks!

I'm open to matches. Either PM Me or challenge me "NukeUM"

13 hours ago, danydandan said:
13 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

I prayed for you!

Glad someone did. 

...and I answered the prayer!  B)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, joc said:

I feel uncomfortable beating god.

1 minute ago, AtlantisRises said:

I feel uncomfortable beating god.

It's probably not going to happen so don't worry about it!  But...if you do...I will consider forgiveness...maybe...

• Like 1

Just now, joc said:

It's probably not going to happen so don't worry about it!  But...if you do...I will consider forgiveness...maybe...

Now you are being silly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, joc said:

You're not Argentinian, so you can't be God.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, danydandan said:

You're not Argentinian, so you can't be God.

It is true...I am not Argentinian.

Actually,  I was born in the back of a turnip truck at night somewhere in lower Azerbaijann...

...but it wasn't last night...

Just now, joc said:

It is true...I am not Argentinian.

Actually,  I was born in the back of a turnip truck at night somewhere in lower Azerbaijann...

...but it wasn't last night...

But........ There is only one God. He goes by the name of Messi.

3 minutes ago, danydandan said:

But........ There is only one God. He goes by the name of Messi.

I sit  on the  Great Throne...pondering the ways of the world...who to destroy...who not to destroy...

There is only one God .... The Holy Trinity...Messi, Bonomassa, and Me.

Hi. I start 2 game with liquid gardens please let me know if you got them! @Liquid Gardens

• The topic was locked