Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess Finals Results

joc

Please post only  your results in the Finals Competition here.

We will continue using the Tournament Chat thread to converse about chess.  

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Chess Finals Results
  • The topic was pinned

AtlantisRises1(W) WINS Vs Joc44(B)

Great game mate.

• Thanks 1

PettyTalk (B) [Wins] Still Waters (W)

• Thanks 1

Saru (W) wins vs Danydandan (B).

• Like 1

AtlantisRises1(B) WINS vs Ozymandias(W)

Thanks for the game mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtlantisRises said:

AtlantisRises1(B) WINS vs Ozymandias(W)

Thanks for the game mate.

You were welcome. :) I don't think I'm in your league. I doubt I'll have much chance with you even as white!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

You were welcome. :) I don't think I'm in your league. I doubt I'll have much chance with you even as white!!

It is all a lot of fun. The only way to improve is to play.

• Like 2

AtlantisRises1(B) WINS Vs Joc44(W)

Thanks mate.

New victim wanted!!!

• Haha 1

Good game! I can't believe I missed that. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

Good game! I can't believe I missed that. :rolleyes:

I would say something about my dastardly plans but I didn't expect you to miss that either.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AtlantisRises said:

AtlantisRises1(B) WINS Vs Joc44(W)

Thanks mate.

New victim wanted!!!

I'm an American, but I never "volunteer" for the slaughter house, either as a victim, or as the butcher.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Dandan (B) wins over Pettytalk (W) by the will of God and my prayers.

That's the best I've played so far. That was a really good challenge thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, danydandan said:

That's the best I've played so far. That was a really good challenge thank you. 

Practice makes perfect, as they say. As you can see, I dispelled any rumors about my abilities, as you were telling me. Praises get you everywhere, when it comes to winning at chess...at least with me. Now go and praise the next one, and keep winning against the others so I may seem a better player. Good game, and it is I that thank you.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Practice makes perfect, as they say. As you can see, I dispelled any rumors about my abilities, as you were telling me. Praises get you everywhere, when it comes to winning at chess...at least with me. Now go and praise the next one, and keep winning against the others so I may seem a better player. Good game, and it is I that thank you.

Ah you see the rumours are true, you qualified for this round with a 100% win record, I think.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Ah you see the rumours are true, you qualified for this round with a 100% win record, I think.

No! I had one tie. But even so, it was not a matter of my abilities, as it was more a lack of the other's, or they were just being generous and giving me gifts that I did not deserve. I've got other games going on, and as I stated to Ozy, I'm in dire straits. Not to mention I'm also playing the ruler of this site, Saru, who did have a 100% win record coming in. And which will clearly show my level of chess playing abilities as soon as he makes me bite the dust.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

No! I had one tie. But even so, it was not a matter of my abilities, as it was more a lack of the other's, or they were just being generous and giving me gifts that I did not deserve. I've got other games going on, and as I stated to Ozy, I'm in dire straits. Not to mention I'm also playing the ruler of this site, Saru, who did have a 100% win record coming in. And which will clearly show my level of chess playing abilities as soon as he makes me bite the dust.

Yeah Saru beat me. Even after I probably could have won. Perhaps even should have won.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danydandan said:

Yeah Saru beat me. Even after I probably could have won. Perhaps even should have won.

Sara is a shark.

8 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

Sara is a shark.

A shark calling a shark, a shark. 

You're comfortably dismantling my opening.

Just now, danydandan said:

A shark calling a shark, a shark. 

You're comfortably dismantling my opening.

Honestly I feel like I should have had a big hammer strike earlier and it should be all done by now. I am pretty sure I missed a decisive tactic somewhere,  I still have a strong positional advantage that should carry the game but it isn't going to be a pretty win. Just a grind.

4 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

Honestly I feel like I should have had a big hammer strike earlier and it should be all done by now. I am pretty sure I missed a decisive tactic somewhere,  I still have a strong positional advantage that should carry the game but it isn't going to be a pretty win. Just a grind.

I'm just surviving, hoping for a mismove from you I actually see and take advantage of.

• Like 1

Chart and Score sheet updated! 

Saru (B) wins vs Ozymandias (W). 

Well played and thanks for the game.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Saru (B) wins vs Ozymandias (W). 

Well played and thanks for the game.

Well played, was a close game for a long time there.

• Thanks 1

PettyTalk (W) [Wins] Still Waters (B)

• Thanks 1

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked