Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess Finals Results

joc

Pettytalk humbly resigns, as Saru made mincemeat of my pawns.  Saru (B) wins first game against pettytalk (W). Maybe Saru is not a shark, as Dandan labeled him, but a barracuda for sure. I had heart, but it was not enough.

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 2

I'm going to wait a little before playing the second game with Saru, as I want to test the waters of the other contestants. However, not that I'm making excuses, but I'm going to limit myself to just playing two games at one time, as my two looses, although deserved wins for my opponents, came at a time that I was playing 6 games all at once. What I'm stating is that, maybe I could have played a wee better if I had only two games to concentrate on, not that the results on the losses would have been any different. Currently I'm playing two games with Ozymandrias, and when one of those games is over, I'll start a game with another contestant.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2019 at 4:48 PM, joc said:

Chart and Score sheet updated! 

The score chart is missing the results of the second game I had with Danydandan.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

The score chart is missing the results of the second game I had with Danydandan.

Not seeing it on the Results List...adding it now.

Pettytalk (B)  wins   DanydandanUM (W)

Updated!

• Like 1

DanydandanUM  (W)   Wins    joc44 (B)

5c795b2950175_chessshark.jpg.cd82efde48d10a9867cc9dd17c95a2d8.jpg

Very nicely done!  Good game!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, joc said:

If I win the tournament, ( regardless of how unlikely it is) I'll use that as my avatar for a month. 

Thank you for the game. Them links you sent me a while ago have really helped me a lot, so you have my appreciation for that too.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, danydandan said:

If I win the tournament, ( regardless of how unlikely it is) I'll use that as my avatar for a month. 

Thank you for the game. Them links you sent me a while ago have really helped me a lot, so you have my appreciation for that too.

I had a sneaking suspicion that might come back to bite me in the butt. 

Good job...I'm impressed! :nw:

Just now, joc said:

Hopefully it bites alot of others too, but @Saru and @AtlantisRises have bent over a barrel, metaphorically speaking.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, joc said:

I already had told him he was a chess Hustler, pretending to be a beginner.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, joc said:

Send me the links too, please!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

I already had told him he was a chess Hustler, pretending to be a beginner.

I had to ask AtlantisRises about castling. 

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Send me the links too, please!

These two. 

Hope it's ok to share these @joc, they are available on YouTube.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

I had to ask AtlantisRises about castling. 

Sure thing! Anyone who is well versed with Carl Sagan's dragons has no need to ask anyone else about castles.

Dragon Castle.jpg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, danydandan said:

These two. 

Thanks....I'll watch carefully before playing the Barracuda again, or the other real predators in these here deep waters. I need all the help I can get.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Sure thing! Anyone who is well versed with Carl Sagan's dragons has no need to ask anyone else about castles.

Dragon Castle.jpg

That is a brilliant quote. 

But there are no dragons in my garage.

Just now, danydandan said:

That is a brilliant quote. 

But there are no dragons in my garage.

Not yet!

5 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Not yet!

I don't even (have) a garage!

Edit: Nor can I type apparently.

Edited by danydandan

PettyTalk (W) beat Ozymandias (B)

Well played, PT, a good win.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, danydandan said:

These two. 

A lot of good they did me!  Of course, I didn't study them like you apparently have...

...all I can say is..

You must be one hell of a physicist!

8 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

PettyTalk (W) beat Ozymandias (B)

Well played, PT, a good win.

Been away most of my day and did not have time to respond. Thanks, you are a good sport, and it could have gone either way. Unlike the others you played, I'm not out of your league. The other on-going game is basically on the same terms, and it's a matter of one right or wrong move that will be made, or already made, by either of us, and which will decide the winner. I'm enjoying playing someone at my level. And it would not be surprising if you win the second game.

4 hours ago, joc said:

A lot of good they did me!  Of course, I didn't study them like you apparently have...

...all I can say is..

You must be one hell of a physicist!

As you may know Joc, I'm still recovering from a pretty serious illness. So currently I'm only working two days a week with the hope that this will increase over time. 

(Two years cance free in two months woo-hoo.)

So I have lots of spare time, and I think I said on these forums before the chemotherapy kicked the crap out if my brain. So I have been slowly getting better with the help of doing silly mathematics teasers with @Ozymandias , this God send of a tournament has really helped too and re-reading various things. In fact @Saru this website has been responsible for helping me lot in terms of dealing with various mental issues that come along with being diagnosed so I must thank you very much. You too @joc for setting up this chess tournament and indirectly introducting  me to chess.

UM a great bunch of lads. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

As you may know Joc, I'm still recovering from a pretty serious illness. So currently I'm only working two days a week with the hope that this will increase over time. 

(Two years cance free in two months woo-hoo.)

So I have lots of spare time, and I think I said on these forums before the chemotherapy kicked the crap out if my brain. So I have been slowly getting better with the help of doing silly mathematics teasers with @Ozymandias , this God send of a tournament has really helped too and re-reading various things. In fact @Saru this website has been responsible for helping me lot in terms of dealing with various mental issues that come along with being diagnosed so I must thank you very much. You too @joc for setting up this chess tournament and indirectly introducting  me to chess.

UM a great bunch of lads. 

Your play has improved hugely since our first games. Our current game you have held your own fairly well despite a terrible opening. I had expected to have you cleaned up in a dozen moves. Instead you have made quite a nuisance of yourself.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

Your play has improved hugely since our first games. Our current game you have held your own fairly well despite a terrible opening. I had expected to have you cleaned up in a dozen moves. Instead you have made quite a nuisance of yourself.

Still awaiting you to make your mistake, but I fear I've either missed it or you simply do not make them.

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Still awaiting you to make your mistake, but I fear I've either missed it or you simply do not make them.

I am sure that I screwed up early this game somewhere.

I am deadset certain there was a quick win somewhere in the opening. After the game I will run through and analyse it properly. All the dead kingside pawns more or less made you winning unlikely without me making a gargantuan blunder.

49 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

I am sure that I screwed up early this game somewhere.

I am deadset certain there was a quick win somewhere in the opening. After the game I will run through and analyse it properly. All the dead kingside pawns more or less made you winning unlikely without me making a gargantuan blunder.

I just resignededededed. That stupid mistake of doing an incorrect English really left me a dead duck.

Thanks for the game. That was our first game? If so we can play another, the football isn't starting for a few hours.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked