Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess Finals Results

joc

AtlantisRises (B) wins, comprehensively, VS Danydandan (W).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

I just resignededededed. That stupid mistake of doing an incorrect English really left me a dead duck.

Thanks for the game. That was our first game? If so we can play another, the football isn't starting for a few hours.

Have shot you a game. Will get a few moves but my pillow is calling to me.

Work is crazy buy at the moment and I am sleeping poorly due to the humidity. Your mistakes are on the way!

48 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

I am sure that I screwed up early this game somewhere.

I am deadset certain there was a quick win somewhere in the opening. After the game I will run through and analyse it properly. All the dead kingside pawns more or less made you winning unlikely without me making a gargantuan blunder.

It helps me to know how my chess opponents think. Do you really think that you know Friedrich as well as you seem to know your chess? If there is anything to selecting our posting names, does yours indicate an interest in Atlantis? And do you believe we have a soul? If I fare well on my second game with Saru, I'll offer myself to you next and become your sacrificial lamb.

2 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

It helps me to know how my chess opponents think. Do you really think that you know Friedrich as well as you seem to know your chess? If there is anything to selecting our posting names, does yours indicate an interest in Atlantis? And do you believe we have a soul? If I fare well on my second game with Saru, I'll offer myself to you next and become your sacrificial lamb.

I joined UM a LONG time ago after reading a pile of coswallop about Rama and Vinamayas. I was convinced I was revealing the truth to the unenlightened Rabble. I was quick schooled in the finer points of hubris. But I liked the name and had made some brilliant lifelong friends and the name stuck.

I used to love reading the great philosophers, (More hubris) and I enjoy a lot of Nietzsche. I would consider myself quite conservative at least fiscally and Nietzsches thoughts on the strength of the individual always rang strong to me.

My religious beliefs are simple. I don't think it matters. I assume any Godlike being cares as little for me as I do for my toejam.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Been away most of my day and did not have time to respond. Thanks, you are a good sport, and it could have gone either way. Unlike the others you played, I'm not out of your league. The other on-going game is basically on the same terms, and it's a matter of one right or wrong move that will be made, or already made, by either of us, and which will decide the winner. I'm enjoying playing someone at my level. And it would not be surprised if you win the second game.

Hardly likely, PT, given my form. I've won 7 out of 26 games!! I'm seriously reconsidering the wisdom of pursuing my new-found chess career!

@danydandan  @AtlantisRises  @Ozymandias  @Pettytalk @joc

As per the first post of this thread:

On 2/21/2019 at 7:11 AM, joc said:

Please post only  your results in the Finals Competition here.

We will continue using the Tournament Chat thread to converse about chess.  

While all the back and forth chatting is very interesting and entertaining......please do it HERE.

It's getting harder and harder to find the results... so if we could make those conversations in the Tournament Chat thread it would be very helpful.

Thank-you!  :)

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AtlantisRises said:

I joined UM a LONG time ago after reading a pile of coswallop about Rama and Vinamayas. I was convinced I was revealing the truth to the unenlightened Rabble. I was quick schooled in the finer points of hubris. But I liked the name and had made some brilliant lifelong friends and the name stuck.

I used to love reading the great philosophers, (More hubris) and I enjoy a lot of Nietzsche. I would consider myself quite conservative at least fiscally and Nietzsches thoughts on the strength of the individual always rang strong to me.

My religious beliefs are simple. I don't think it matters. I assume any Godlike being cares as little for me as I do for my toejam.

Seems you have conflicting beliefs, if you don't mind my saying so. Hubris is a big word, in its meaning. How can the strength of the individual ring strong to you, and yet, are easily dissuaded from pursuing your strong beliefs and loves? Nietzsche was finally driven mad by the very same muses that inspired his thoughts and writings. To understand him correctly one must understand Socrates' explanation on divine madness, as laid down in Plato's Phaedrus. There is lots of truth in our German philosopher, besides some bizarre thoughts.  Are we not all superman(s), as he stated? Or as stated by the most godlike "superman", Jesus; yea are all gods! We are all godlike to some degree. And many godlike beings care for you, your brilliant lifelong friends, for one. If you look at the physical world as a mere shadow of reality and truth, then the "caring" comes clear, as shadows cannot hurt the unseen "soul."  Death and decay are mere shadows. Religious beliefs are mere shadows, simply put. What really matters is "Beyond Good and Evil."  Waiting to see your "good" moves on the chessboard, where I will also be schooled in the finer points of Hubris, thinking I could play with the best here. At least now I know a little more about you, and you of me.

Still Waters (W)  wins   joc44 (B)

• Like 1

AtlantisRises (W) beat Ozymandias (B)

Touché, AR! Once I started to collapse the end came quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Saru(B), Wins vs Danydandan (W). 

Moral of the story of this game, don't try a move without backing up your pawns.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Saru(B), Wins vs Danydandan (W). 

Moral of the story of this game, don't try a move without backing up your pawns.

Well played, that was a close game until near the end there.

Letting me take all your pawns was definitely your undoing in that one.

• Thanks 1

Being very sleepy I just gave away my queen and the game to Ozymandias.

Pettytalk (B) loses to @Ozymandias (W)   Nice game, just the same.

• Thanks 1

Updated!

Has anyone played @Liquid Gardens? I have a challenge in, but no response so far. Just wanting to know, so I can plan on my next opponent, if Gardens has any current issues that prevents playing.

1 hour ago, Pettytalk said:

Has anyone played @Liquid Gardens? I have a challenge in, but no response so far. Just wanting to know, so I can plan on my next opponent, if Gardens has any current issues that prevents playing.

Sorry for the delay Pettytalk, I just moved.

• Thanks 1

AtlatisRises1(W) WINS Vs DanydandanUM(B)

Well played mate.

Your best game yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

AtlatisRises1(W) WINS Vs DanydandanUM(B)

Well played mate.

Your best game yet.

Aw man, I didn't even see that. Too busy trying to attack your King.

Good game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scores Updated!

joc44 (W)   wins    DanydandanUM  (B)

You are an awesome adversary Dan!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

joc44 (W)   wins    DanydandanUM  (B)

You are an awesome adversary Dan!

I'll get ye, after the tourney!

• Haha 2

Saru (Black) [Wins] vs Liquid Gardens (White)

Saru (White) [Wins] vs Still Waters (Black)

Well played on both counts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Updated.

@Saru (white) wins vs Liquid Gardens (black).  Good game, I'm happy to have held out a little longer than the previous one!

1 minute ago, Liquid Gardens said:

@Saru (white) wins vs Liquid Gardens (black).  Good game, I'm happy to have held out a little longer than the previous one!

Good game, well played.

Danydandan (W) wins vs Ozymandias (B)

You had that won ages ago, Dan. Well played. :) 

• Thanks 1

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked