Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess Finals Results

joc

21 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

@joc You've marked this down on the score charts as a win for me. Neither of us won, the game was a draw.

Not that I mind getting some extra points for free! :lol:

Thanks for the heads up!  Fixed!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Thanks for the heads up!  Fixed!  

Sorry to be a pest @joc, the score sheet should read:

Won: 4  Lost: 7  Drew: 2  Played: 13  Scored: 14

11 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Sorry to be a pest @joc, the score sheet should read:

Won: 4  Lost: 7  Drew: 2  Played: 13  Scored: 14

You are not a pest!  You are a sweetheart!  I think I got off my game with the internet down for a week.  Thank you!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, joc said:

You are not a pest!  You are a sweetheart!  I think I got off my game with the internet down for a week.  Thank you!

Mine should read:

Won:6 Lost:7 Drawn:1 Played:14 Points:43.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Mine should read:

Won:6 Lost:7 Drawn:1 Played:14 Points:43.

It's 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points if you lose.

For 6 games won = 18 points

For 7 games lost = 0 points

For 1 game drawn = 1 point

That gives you 19 total points, not 43. The score sheet is correct. I hope so anyway or I've been working my scores out all wrong!

5 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

It's 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points if you lose.

For 6 games won = 18 points

For 7 games lost = 0 points

For 1 game drawn = 1 point

That gives you 19 total points, not 43. The score sheet is correct. I hope so anyway or I've been working my scores out all wrong!

Sshh, don't tell Joc. 

• Haha 2

Saru (Black) [Wins] vs Joc (White)

Well played. :)

• Thanks 1

Chart and Score sheet updated.

Saru (White) [Wins] vs Pettytalk (Black)

And that's me finished all my games.

• Thanks 1

Ozymandias (W) loses to Still Waters (B) :(

Well played, SW. :)

• Thanks 2

Chart and Score sheet updated.

• Thanks 1

Forgot to post up this result:-

Ozymandias (W) lost to Liquid Gardens (B)

Sorry about that. :( But well played, LG. :)

• Thanks 1

Liquid Gardens (W) wins vs. Joc44 (B)

Good game LG!  :)

Liquid Gardens (W) wins VS Ozymandias (B)

Well played LG. :)

• Thanks 1

Pettytalk wins both games with joc44. However, the wins were possible only due to joc's total distraction of not concentrating on the games. Anyway, I should not get any credit for the wins, so that Danydandan may place third in the tournament, as he is proving to be a much better player than I am, for sure. 

9 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Pettytalk wins both games with joc44. However, the wins were possible only due to joc's total distraction of not concentrating on the games. Anyway, I should not get any credit for the wins, so that Danydandan may place third in the tournament, as he is proving to be a much better player than I am, for sure. 

Distraction is part of the game though.  There are always distractions...internal and external.  Danydandan however has risen fast from novice to expert...in one tournament!  Really an incredible feat in my opinion.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, joc said:

Distraction is part of the game though.  There are always distractions...internal and external.  Danydandan however has risen fast from novice to expert...in one tournament!  Really an incredible feat in my opinion.

I'm no expert.

8 hours ago, danydandan said:

I'm no expert.

Depends entirely on one's definition of expert.  You learned quickly, you played well, and you did well!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joc said:

Depends entirely on one's definition of expert.  You learned quickly, you played well, and you did well!

I agree that definition can make an expert of anyone. I define an expert as one who consistently beats me at the game, any game for that matter. Although, defining myself as a good Christian I can always claim that it's better to give than to receive. And I give away games too, like yourself. I did not win against you, Joc, you gave me the wins. An expert, by further definition, is one who knows when to give and when to take for any game, or for anything else, for that matter. I'm no expert, as I kept giving in the hope of taking, but at the end I was left with only giving, as I gave at the wrong time, and did not take when the taking was ripe. The beginning is always a reflection of the end. In chess, the whole game, the outcome, usually depends on the opening, so say most experts. And in chess the definition for an expert is GM, Grand Master. A Grand Master is one who knows how to manipulate his pawns. And the best of all Grand Masters is one that can manipulate the opponent's pawns as well.

I second your second sentence. He quickly learned from me, as I taught him all the wrong moves, mine. I can say, from experience, that Dany knows how to use his pawns well. And in our sparring, I'm just one of his pawns. He is also becoming a formidable closer, besides the openings; a regular calculating slayer of kings! And he slays with Gusto!

I officially motion to place him third in the UM tourney.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

I officially motion to place him third in the UM tourney.

Please don't.

23 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Please don't.

No worries ...the scores are the scores...you get what you get and you don't throw a fit...except for me...I can throw a fit if I want toB)....but, I won't...Probably finish today with Ozy and LG since it is a rainy day here in Dallas.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, joc said:

No worries ...the scores are the scores...you get what you get and you don't throw a fit...except for me...I can throw a fit if I want toB)....but, I won't...Probably finish today with Ozy and LG since it is a rainy day here in Dallas.

I think I'd still finish third or fourth or fifth. I can't beat AR, Earl of Trump's, Saru and I think Nuke would beat me too.

AR is beating me at the moment.......again.

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

I think I'd still finish third or fourth or fifth. I can't beat AR, Earl of Trump's, Saru and I think Nuke would beat me too.

AR is beating me at the moment.......again.

I am beating you. But nowhere near as easily as in your earlier games.

At your rate of improvement you will be the UM Champion next Tourney.

5 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

I am beating you. But nowhere near as easily as in your earlier games.

At your rate of improvement you will be the UM Champion next Tourney.

I have a feeling I'll need a lot more experience to break this ceiling I've hit.

Joc44 (W) wins  Liquid Gardens (B)

great game LG!

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked