Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korean Defector Says Trump Played

Farmer77

An interesting read from a high level North Korean Defector

North Korean Defector Thae Yong Ho Shows How Kim Makes a Chump of Trump

Thae is not a random refugee from the north. He was a career North Korean diplomat who was the second-ranking person in Pyongyang’s London embassy until South Korea’s National Intelligence Service helped him, his wife, and two sons defect in August 2016.

SEOUL—There is no way North Korea is going to give up its nukes, says Pyongyang’s most prominent defector. And if President Donald Trump doesn’t watch out, Thae Yong Ho predicts, he will slip into the quicksand of a deal that will lead “inevitably” to withdrawal of America’s 28,500 troops from South Korea.

In a meeting with foreign correspondents here, Thae outlined the dangers facing U.S. policy with the emergence of what he called “the Trump doctrine.” It bears a distinct resemblance, he said, to the “Nixon doctrine” that led the U.S. to pull its troops from South Vietnam and finally opened the way for North Vietnamese forces to overrun Saigon nearly half a century ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Did the defector have any proof?  Wait... it's Trump.  None needed.  Idiots...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

He was a career North Korean diplomat who was the second-ranking person in Pyongyang’s

Hey, he has my trust...he is  #2 in Rocketmans pocket...I trust him .....

Ha, ha, ha, ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha....

Thanks for the laugh...I really needed that! :tsu:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Why would it surprise anyone that Kim wants his people to believe he is the guy in charge of the show. That doesn't make it true.

Edited by Gertdoggy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Well...intelligence agencies have said that North Korea keeps building and maintaining secret missile sites.  But, all they do is produce the reports that Trump doesn't read...so what do they know?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Well...intelligence agencies have said that North Korea keeps building and maintaining secret missile sites.  But, all they do is produce the reports that Trump doesn't read...so what do they know?

How do you know what Trump reads?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Of course there are no guarantees.   There never is with any president.   All you can do is try.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

Lots and lots of different reports out there from lots of different sources about that

Rex Tillerson found it hard to work for a president who “doesn’t like to read.”

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson gave a rare public interview in Houston Thursday, during which he confirmed many critiques of his former boss. Speaking with CBS News’s Bob Schieffer, Tillerson said, “What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil corporation to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’”

Breaking with tradition, Trump skips president’s written intelligence report and relies on oral briefings

On Trump's calendar, just 17 intelligence briefings in 85 days

Trump Doesn't Read His Daily Intelligence Briefings; Prefers Big Pictures Instead

What Exactly Is The 'President's Daily Brief' And Why Is It Important?

Of course theres every chance that if he did read them he wouldnt believe the intelligence agencies anyways :

And, essentially, the president said he did not believe that the North Koreans had the capability to hit us here with ballistic missiles in the United States. And he did not believe that because President Putin had told him they did not. President Putin told him that the North Koreans don’t actually have those missiles,” McCabe revealed during a sit-down with “60 Minutes” that aired Sunday night.

CBS’ Scott Pelley asked what US intelligence had said to Trump. McCabe answered that US officials told Trump that Putin’s assessment “was not consistent with any of the intelligence our government possesses.”

“To which the president replied, ‘I don’t care. I believe Putin,’ ” McCabe recalled, having learned of the conversation from an FBI official who had just returned from a meeting at the White House.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Its sad that after being told thousands of lies by your own president you are still so tribalistic  that you feel the need to insult anyone who dares view information that may contradict the dear leader.

Why wouldnt you want to take in other viewpoints? Hear other perspectives? Blind faith just aint my game.

Did you honestly feel insulted by my comment?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Did you honestly feel insulted by my comment?

Kinda yeah. A little personally but honestly a lot for America. I know that sounds hyperbolic and grandiose but it feels like we are in serious trouble as a people when we cant even explore information if it may make us reexamine our opinions.

As I think about it though the personal offense however is fully my fault. I post entirely too much anti Trump stuff to expect anyone to think my post was anything but a hit. Honestly the piece is focused on the Korean mindset in all of this and I thought it was interesting to hear that perspective.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Kinda yeah. A little personally but honestly a lot for America. I know that sounds hyperbolic and grandiose but it feels like we are in serious trouble as a people when we cant even explore information if it may make us reexamine our opinions.

As I think about it though the personal offense however is fully my fault. I post entirely too much anti Trump stuff to expect anyone to think my post was anything but a hit. Honestly the piece is focused on the Korean mindset in all of this and I thought it was interesting to hear that perspective.

My apologies.  I didn't know you were so sensitive.  You assume too much to think that you're the only one to "explore information (that) makes us reexamine our opinions"  Curiously, you responded with a comment that was deliberately berating and insulting and based on unfounded assumptions.  But that's ok, I can take it.

One defector, who obviously has his own axe to grind, hardly represents "the Korean mindset".   He's a traitor to his country and can't be trusted to have an objective point of view about his country or ours.

• Like 2

Golf:? The fiddle while Rome burned? 

Anyway, it's good to see you continuing to press for more military commitment and even more aggressive foreign policy Farmer, at least if it's something you can attack Trump for. 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

One defector, who obviously has his own axe to grind, hardly represents "the Korean mindset".   He's a traitor to his country and can't be trusted to have an objective point of view about his country or ours.

This is true......it's also a great response to your first post in this thread .......:lol:

12 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

My apologies.  I didn't know you were so sensitive.  You assume too much to think that you're the only one to "explore information (that) makes us reexamine our opinions"  Curiously, you responded with a comment that was deliberately berating and insulting and based on unfounded assumptions.  But that's ok, I can take it.

You're absolutely right that is a big assumption. If I am wrong I apologize, due to the fact that you had to ask how we know what Trump reads though you arent coming off as exactly well read when it comes to the administration.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Golf:? The fiddle while Rome burned? 

Anyway, it's good to see you continuing to press for more military commitment and even more aggressive foreign policy Farmer, at least if it's something you can attack Trump for. 

Woooooah im not pushing for aggressive foreign policy just one based in reality.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

. A little personally but honestly a lot for America.

ladies and gentlemen, Farmer77 is America. *pauses to salute* 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

ladies and gentlemen, Farmer77 is America. *pauses to salute* 

Thats right Merica b****ES Stand and SALUTE Farmer77 in all his patriotic glory!!!!!:lol:

9f8bc780fdcecd8e18973a545e8be062.jpg

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

^ I'm not sure what response that best deserves. :lol:, :cry: , and :blink:, I think.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Big Jim said:

It's sad that you have more faith in a N. Korean defector than you do in your own President.

well Jim, simple logic would dictate that if a regime spanning 3 generations, in a country living under martial law and working tirelessly to acquire nuclear weapons so they can stay in power... the chances that they'll just give them up to earn the admiration of the most controversial U.S. president are pretty low. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Big Jim said:

I'm guessing it would have to come with pictures and flash cards. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I'm guessing it would have to come with pictures and flash cards. 

That says it all.  

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Big Jim said:

It's sad that you have more faith in a N. Korean defector than you do in your own President.

it is indeed. a sad state of affairs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1