Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Cats And Dogs Teleport?

BuddingPsychic1111

I have read on Reddit and other places that people have allegedly observed their cats and dogs teleporting. Somehow, I'll admit this seems kind of implausible to me honestly, though I keep an open mind here.   I mean I'm not saying it isn't possible, but these reports are quite interesting.  Definitely worthy of serious investigation, potentially it's simply an under reported phenomena.  

My cat sometimes seems to show up in unusual places, because like other cats he's really agile and can get from point a to point b really quickly.  But none of them ever teleported.  Or at least not that I saw or was awarded of.  Maybe it's just certain cats and dogs that teleport?  

Or possibly the eyewitness reports are questionable, though googling teleporting cats and dogs did seem to get many accounts of eyewitness reports.  And even an article from a seemingly credible website called mysterious universe. 

But honestly, part of me remains skeptical.  The idea that all cats and dogs can somehow teleport, as some people claim just sounds implausible, though I admit this may be close minded of me.  Have you ever seen a teleporting cat or dog?  Because I haven't 

Once, I was in the bathroom and my cat kind of walked up to me and meowed. And then was hanging out with me for a while..... But surprise, surprise.... he did not teleport.  Yes, the door was closed but I heard him paw open the door lol. No teleportation, pretty sure he's just a smart little guy who figured out how to paw open the door 

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111
  • Like 3

On more than one occasion, I would have loved to teleport dogs, that barked all hours of the day and night, but alas, they remained in place.

• Haha 6

I guess it doesnt count but in our fixer upper old house there are holes in the kitchen ceiling and the bathroom floor above it, ( im still slowing working on it ) and several of our cats will use it as a short cut,

So they do get get back and forth rather stealthily

The first introduction to quantum tunneling i read used a cat as an example. While it is highly improbable anything their size might actually do so, it made a prime demonstration as cats are often reported to appear in mysterious inaccessible places. I have indeed experienced cats that seem to navigate through walls. Sneaky little things.

• Like 2

I have heard the stories too and will answer 'probably yes'. There are other paranormal abilities for cats and dogs for which I would answer 'probably yes'. My thought is the animal kingdom has abilities that humans have evolved past for left-brained (logical) dominance. The left-brained abilities have advanced the human race (but at the loss of psychic functioning). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

See the source image

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's certainly the most plausible explanation, for cats certainly. One moment there'll be nothing, and then the next moment there'll be one sitting outside looking at you reproachfully waiting for you to throw it some food. 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 2

Any time where a pet seems to "teleport" it's simply stupid humanity being stuck in a human mindset and not considering the natural abilities of the animal in question.
Cats and dogs can be much more capable at moving without making a sound and cats lack the rigid structure we have around the shoulder-neck area. Instead their forelimbs are attached to their spines via free floating bones, allowing them to squeeze through any space they can fit their head through. And a cat head is positively tiny. And finally, animals aren't as wimpy towards discomfort and dirt as humans are (in general), giving them more options to get somewhere unnoticed. Look up events where people had no other choice than to expose themselves to dirt/danger in order to survive and suddenly our species also gets very good at moving unnoticed. 
They are predator animals, it's their natural job to move about unnoticed, so of course they're good at it. No supernatural explanation needed.

• Like 7

Just when I thought topics couldn't get any more stupid, common sense is curbstomped yet again with the usual suspects dishing it out and eating it up.

You think pets can teleport? Please tell that to all the abused, caged and beaten animals that die every year, I think they missed the memo.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I have heard the stories too and will answer 'probably yes'. There are other paranormal abilities for cats and dogs for which I would answer 'probably yes'. My thought is the animal kingdom has abilities that humans have evolved past for left-brained (logical) dominance. The left-brained abilities have advanced the human race (but at the loss of psychic functioning). 

After looking into it more, it appears that this is the case.  It looks like there are quite a few people who have observed this happening, and I bet it's probably true that they can in fact teleport, on rare occasions.  While I can't say that my cat has teleported (at least not that I was aware of), I will say that sometimes he seems to show up unexpectedly quickly in random places.  Cats and dogs definitely do seem to be very psychically attuned.  I definitely have seen my cat staring at things that I couldn't see, leading me to believe that most likely there was a spirit around.  Sometimes, when he would stare off at something that I couldn't see, I could feel an energy of sorts like there was a presence in the room

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Teleport?  Not so sure, but they can rain like hell!!!

• Haha 1

Okay, I know this sounds unbelievable, but I really can't see another possibility. All the doors and windows were closed. However, I couldn't find my cat.  I looked all over the house..... And then somehow he was on the lawn, just laying on the grass and rolling around! He just greeted me and then went inside.  

I cannot imagine how he got there, because when I went to bed all the doors were shut.  And I don't remember going outside for anything.  I don't remember waking up in the night and opening the door.  So, it's just completely unexplainable?  Very strange.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

Okay, I know this sounds unbelievable, but I really can't see another possibility. All the doors and windows were closed. However, I couldn't find my cat.  I looked all over the house..... And then somehow he was on the lawn, just laying on the grass and rolling around! He just greeted me and then went inside.  

I cannot imagine how he got there, because when I went to bed all the doors were shut.  And I don't remember going outside for anything.  I don't remember waking up in the night and opening the door.  So, it's just completely unexplainable?  Very strange.  

Your personal incredulity aside : 

• Haha 5

On 22/02/2019 at 7:25 AM, Habitat said:

On more than one occasion, I would have loved to teleport dogs, that barked all hours of the day and night, but alas, they remained in place.

And verbal...they stayed verbal. # sigh. I feel you on this one

• Like 1

On 22/02/2019 at 8:29 AM, Habitat said:

See the source image

Oh grasshopper...they are

On 22/02/2019 at 11:11 AM, Vlad the Mighty said:

It's certainly the most plausible explanation, for cats certainly. One moment there'll be nothing, and then the next moment there'll be one sitting outside looking at you reproachfully waiting for you to throw it some food. 

They are judging you...that look of absolute defiance....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I’ve had the same happen to me.  My ex girlfriends cat would disappear a lot, the first time we freaked out because we thought she had somehow snuck past us and out the door when we were carrying in groceries.  We posted on Facebook asking everyone in town to keep an eye out for a calico, drove around for hours crying(me too lol, her and I were dealing with some difficult issues and that cat was our anchor at the time) and searching to no avail.  We returned home a few hours later to find her kicked back snoring on our bed, happy as can be.  We tore our house apart looking for that little gremlin.  That cat did it everyday and eventually we just said screw it and stopped looking lol.  She always turned up laying on our damn bed!  Stretched out with a grin.  To this day we haven’t found out where that cat was and continues to hide.  We had a pretty small 2 bedroom house, so there wasn’t really anywhere to hide, but she must have found the portal to Narnia or some ****.  They’re really adept at hiding and turning up where you least expect.  Likely why there is so much superstition attributed to them.

Edited by EnderOTD
Edit to add
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, AtlantisRises said:

Yes.

It certainly seems so doesn’t it!

We have two cats that I know were teleported from Hell! Problem is even the Devil don't want them back!

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, EnderOTD said:

I’ve had the same happen to me.  My ex girlfriends cat would disappear a lot, the first time we freaked out because we thought she had somehow snuck past us and out the door when we were carrying in groceries.  We posted on Facebook asking everyone in town to keep an eye out for a calico, drove around for hours crying(me too lol, her and I were dealing with some difficult issues and that cat was our anchor at the time) and searching to no avail.  We returned home a few hours later to find her kicked back snoring on our bed, happy as can be.  We tore our house apart looking for that little gremlin.  That cat did it everyday and eventually we just said screw it and stopped looking lol.  She always turned up laying on our damn bed!  Stretched out with a grin.  To this day we haven’t found out where that cat was and continues to hide.  We had a pretty small 2 bedroom house, so there wasn’t really anywhere to hide, but she must have found the portal to Narnia or some ****.  They’re really adept at hiding and turning up where you least expect.  Likely why there is so much superstition attributed to them.

I think animal teleportation is likely from all the evidence I have heard. Another case that struck me was a human toddler and ball inexplicably ending up on the other side of a fence at a military housing installation in a desert. Maybe one contributing reason to why I can't do it is because it is not in my list of possibilities. What a universe once again!!

The idea that animals or anything large for that matter can teleport makes as much sense as any of the stories people tell.

There are stories that go back thousands of years that animals can talk. That's the sort of evidence people are using to claim that their pets can teleport.