Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Cats And Dogs Teleport?

BuddingPsychic1111

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 5:23 AM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I have read on Reddit and other places that people have allegedly observed their cats and dogs teleporting. Somehow, I'll admit this seems kind of implausible to me honestly, though I keep an open mind here.   I mean I'm not saying it isn't possible, but these reports are quite interesting.  Definitely worthy of serious investigation, potentially it's simply an under reported phenomena.  

My cat sometimes seems to show up in unusual places, because like other cats he's really agile and can get from point a to point b really quickly.  But none of them ever teleported.  Or at least not that I saw or was awarded of.  Maybe it's just certain cats and dogs that teleport?  

Or possibly the eyewitness reports are questionable, though googling teleporting cats and dogs did seem to get many accounts of eyewitness reports.  And even an article from a seemingly credible website called mysterious universe. 

But honestly, part of me remains skeptical.  The idea that all cats and dogs can somehow teleport, as some people claim just sounds implausible, though I admit this may be close minded of me.  Have you ever seen a teleporting cat or dog?  Because I haven't 

Once, I was in the bathroom and my cat kind of walked up to me and meowed. And then was hanging out with me for a while..... But surprise, surprise.... he did not teleport.  Yes, the door was closed but I heard him paw open the door lol. No teleportation, pretty sure he's just a smart little guy who figured out how to paw open the door 

Where and when is your mind focused? At your current location? Can you let go of that focus?

50 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It is really the inability of current scientific knowledge to satisfactorily explain the quantity, quality and consistency of the body of stronger cases that has me convinced beyond reasonable doubt.

Stronger cases that have no evidence, just irrational speculation.  Being convinced by lack of evidence speaks more of your shortcomings.

9 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Stronger cases that have no evidence, just irrational speculation.  Being convinced by lack of evidence speaks more of your shortcomings.

Still no understanding of the word ‘evidence’? It appears to be a problem I can’t fix.

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Still no understanding of the word ‘evidence’? It appears to be a problem I can’t fix.

Still no understanding of why anecdotal "evidence" is terrible at reliably determining anything? 

http://www.critical-thinking.org.uk/critical-thinking/fallacies/anecdotes.php

Last time I'm addressing you on the matter.

Your claim of quality, quantity and consistency is ridiculous. It is a broad blanket you throw on almost every supernatural claim. If you don't understand why us fervently skeptical types take these claims with a grain of salt, it seems to be a problem we can't fix. 

• Like 1

I don't think man nor beast can teleport(or not yet)maybe when our brains develop a lot more.If animals could teleport you would find a lot of pounds,animal shelters emptying out before euthanasia time each week.Cats are sneaky so appear to get around magically,dogs can cover great distances quickly,thats all.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Still no understanding of why anecdotal "evidence" is terrible at reliably determining anything? 

Anecdotal evidence may not be perect but it is certainly not terrible either. About everything I know about my personal history comes from anecdotal memories. Rational consideration of anecdotal evidence is one important tool of  human reasoning.

3 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Last time I'm addressing you on the matter.

LOL, if only I could believe that.

13 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Maybe you should find out what it means?

20 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

As I see it the entire paranormal field is rife with stuff you would call 'magic' (in a derogatory way) and I would call 'beyond science's current understanding'.

And I would call a laughable joke. 

The simple fact is that there are issues around teleportation that need to be considered such as not appearing inside of another solid, or in a dangerous environment.

The idea of teleportation requires conservation of momentum and conservation of energy. I'll bet you have no idea that means that changes in movement from north to south or vice versa lead to trouble.

Those with a world view of magic (paranormal) have no idea what the real issues are.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

It is really the inability of current scientific knowledge to satisfactorily explain the quantity, quality and consistency of the body of stronger cases that has me convinced beyond reasonable doubt.

None of that exists other than the quantity of claptrap. Quality is zero, nada, nothing and consistency is rarely there except for those repeating what they have heard.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Anecdotal evidence may not be perect but it is certainly not terrible either. About everything I know about my personal history comes from anecdotal memories. Rational consideration of anecdotal evidence is one important tool of  human reasoning.

LOL, if only I could believe that.

The rational view of anecdotal evidence is that it is unreliable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Maybe you should find out what it means?

I am certain I already understand the word properly. It is not that challenging of a word to understand.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I am certain I already understand the word properly. It is not that challenging of a word to understand.

Your usage of the word implies otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

The simple fact is that there are issues around teleportation that need to be considered such as not appearing inside of another solid, or in a dangerous environment.

The idea of teleportation requires conservation of momentum and conservation of energy. I'll bet you have no idea that means that changes in movement from north to south or vice versa lead to trouble.

Those with a world view of magic (paranormal) have no idea what the real issues are.

I agree with you on that except that a lot of people that have paranormal experiences are very aware people who have a good understanding of  real issues also,not just the paranormal realm so you can't generalize them with any accuracy.They are not blind like a lot of people who follow religions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stereologist said:

What do we (as in science) know of multiple planes and dimensions and dark matter that is not directly detectable.

My point is that science is in no position to declare teleportation impossible. To my thinking observation can show things beyond current science’s understanding.

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

What do we (as in science) know of multiple planes and dimensions and dark matter that is not directly detectable.

My point is that science is in no position to declare teleportation impossible. To my thinking observation can show things beyond current science’s understanding.

What you call multiple planes is nonexistent. It is a fabrication made up by people to apparently pretend they have an explanation for something they have no idea what they are talking about. Dimensions are well known in science. There re of course people that use the term in some sort of vague way pretending to lend some legitimacy to their ramblings. Dark matter and dark energy are concepts developed by science to explain observations. These well studied observations do not fit into the predicted nature of the universe. Unlike faux topics, science makes predictions. It is these predictions that are not matched by observations leading to the proposals of dark matter and dark energy.

Having revealed once again a complete lack of understanding of what science is and how it operates you now choose to move the goal posts. The issue is not whether teleportation is possible or not, it is whether or not cats and dogs teleport. Posting material that has nothing to do with the thread's topic and pretending it does through some unstated inference is the sort of rubbish I'd expect from someone that says paranormal all of the time.

There are of course observations that show things beyond science's current understanding. Is there a room temperature super conductor? Is low pressure fusion possible? Is there a cure for cancer? What will be the next set of antibiotics? Can the mammoth be recreated? 

Let's see the gibberish of paranormal researchers turn up anything useful. 

Can cats and dogs teleport? No. You never bothered to find out how teleportation leads to conservation of energy and momentum issues. You should ask some paranormal wannabe researcher if they can figure that out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

What you call multiple planes is nonexistent. It is a fabrication made up by people to apparently pretend they have an explanation for something they have no idea what they are talking about. Dimensions are well known in science. There re of course people that use the term in some sort of vague way pretending to lend some legitimacy to their ramblings. Dark matter and dark energy are concepts developed by science to explain observations. These well studied observations do not fit into the predicted nature of the universe. Unlike faux topics, science makes predictions. It is these predictions that are not matched by observations leading to the proposals of dark matter and dark energy.

Having revealed once again a complete lack of understanding of what science is and how it operates you now choose to move the goal posts. The issue is not whether teleportation is possible or not, it is whether or not cats and dogs teleport. Posting material that has nothing to do with the thread's topic and pretending it does through some unstated inference is the sort of rubbish I'd expect from someone that says paranormal all of the time.

There are of course observations that show things beyond science's current understanding. Is there a room temperature super conductor? Is low pressure fusion possible? Is there a cure for cancer? What will be the next set of antibiotics? Can the mammoth be recreated? 

Let's see the gibberish of paranormal researchers turn up anything useful. 

Can cats and dogs teleport? No. You never bothered to find out how teleportation leads to conservation of energy and momentum issues. You should ask some paranormal wannabe researcher if they can figure that out.

Be it ghosts or teleporting cats/dogs enough quantity, quality and consistency of cases can leave me with the position that something unknown to science is indeed going on. Science is not to the point where it can dismiss these things as impossible. In fact, that in itself would be an unscientific attitude.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Be it ghosts or teleporting cats/dogs enough quantity, quality and consistency of cases can leave me with the position that something unknown to science is indeed going on. Science is not to the point where it can dismiss these things as impossible. In fact, that in itself would be an unscientific attitude.

Three cheers for being wrong again.

It is an unscientific attitude to keep repeating the laughable junk line of " quantity, quality and consistency of cases" That's unscientific and based on unscientific malarkey.

Is anything happening that is unknown to science. No evidence so far.

Why not start by posting some evidence.

• Thanks 2

Here is the crux of the issue: "something unknown to science is indeed going on" Is that true?

No. If something is happening and it looks like a scientific investigation is merited then science can be applied to the study of what is going on.

There are things that science does not need to investigate:

1. politics

2. crime

3. entertainment

4. as the King of Siam said "etcetera etcetera etcetera"

But science or some form of investigation might be applied to aspects of these issues.

So far nothing has come up that shows that there are supernatural events. It all seems to be something we humans like to imagine exists. In a way, that seems to be the expected outcome. Every observation shows how the world works. The movement of the planets is no longer controlled by gods. Comets are no longer portend doom. Catastrophic waves are no longer the work of gods. Lightning is no longer created by gods. The stars no longer control lives. 

Take the art of astrology. It is all about making up stories based on what does of light can be seen in the night sky. As we know there are few stars our eyes can see. We can't even see all of the planets. But science came along and predicted the positions of unseen planets that thousands of years of astrology could not predict despite the claims it predicted the lives of people on Earth. 

Take the creationists. They have been touting the bible for thousands of years and yet it took science to show that there is much more to life than imagined by the people writing the bible. Microscopic life and ancient life and fungi and primates and all sorts of animals not mentioned in the bible exist.

I see the claims of the paranormal as being as wishy washy as astrology and creationism. At best they can make vague references to "quality, quantity, and consistency". Is it ever shown? Of course no because it is a made up story like the made up paranormal. The only quality, quantity, and consistency is in science. This is just another example of the fakery used by believers to feign some legitimacy to their made up world view.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

But exactly how many cases of teleporting cats and dogs are there?  I bet I can count them all on a fish's fingers :P 

I bet even you'd never heard of it happening until you read this thread in which not one single example has been described. 

btw a great uncle you never knew you had just died and left $10,000,000 in his will to you.  If you send me a $11,500 to cover admin fees, I can arrange for the whole sum to be transferred to you account this week.  :tu:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Essan said:

But exactly how many cases of teleporting cats and dogs are there?  I bet I can count them all on a fish's fingers :P 

I bet even you'd never heard of it happening until you read this thread in which not one single example has been described. 

I have been reading paranormal stuff for decades now and I can tell you this is not the first such case of case of seemingly mysterious movement of dogs/cats. And about all I originally said is that I lean to believing these things can occur. I have even heard stories of alleged human teleportation claiming no normal explanation. All in all in combination with all other observations and considerations I hold my position. One key point is by now I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt that dramatic things (often so-called paranormal things)  beyond our current scientific understanding do occur.

4 hours ago, Essan said:

btw a great uncle you never knew you had just died and left $10,000,000 in his will to you.  If you send me a $11,500 to cover admin fees, I can arrange for the whole sum to be transferred to you account this week.  :tu:

My overall consideration of all things related has me not bothering to pursue this offer. I am a man of reason and logic.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The simple fact of the matter is that the easy thing to do is to avoid research and simply claim things are beyond comprehension.

What a cop out.

There are no examples of seemingly mysterious movements of cats and dogs. It's all about inattentive people making these groundless claims.

The same applies to human teleportation. 

The paranormal world is an echo chamber of repeated stories with little to  no research done by the authors as they cobble together anecdotes and embellish the stories over time producing nonsense for those that do not care if the material is just a collection of fantasies. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The simple fact of the matter is that the easy thing to do is to avoid research and simply claim things are beyond comprehension.

What a cop out.

There are no examples of seemingly mysterious movements of cats and dogs. It's all about inattentive people making these groundless claims.

The same applies to human teleportation. 

The paranormal world is an echo chamber of repeated stories with little to  no research done by the authors as they cobble together anecdotes and embellish the stories over time producing nonsense for those that do not care if the material is just a collection of fantasies. 

That is the whole problem with most believers - they don't care if it's researched or substantiated, they just want more crap to throw on the pile and call "evidence". It doesn't matter to them at all where it comes from, if it's faked or misidentified or made up or whatever - and that's the worst possible way to go about forming an opinion on something. Garbage in, garbage out.

This thread should be nominated for stupidest thread ever. Everyone who reads it gets that much dumber for doing so.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 2

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:49 AM, papageorge1 said:

What tests have you done that shows teleportation?  If there is none then it's unscientific to claim they are teleporting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

What tests have you done that shows teleportation? 

Seriously, this again? As you know most paranormal things we talk about here are not reproducible on demand or they wouldn't be controversial in the first place. 

7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

If there is none then it's unscientific to claim they are teleporting.

It is not unscientific to lean to what one finds is the most reasonable theory after considering all pertinent anecdotal evidence and argumentation. The stance that evidence suggests something exists beyond our current understanding can be a rational position to hold..

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Seriously, this again? As you know most paranormal things we talk about here are not reproducible on demand or they wouldn't be controversial in the first place.

Then how can you say there's proof if you have no way to verify it?

Just now, papageorge1 said:

It is not unscientific to lean to what one finds is the most reasonable theory after considering all pertinent anecdotal evidence and argumentation. The stance that evidence suggests something exists beyond our current understanding can be a rational position to hold..

It is when your theory isn't falsifiable, it becomes confirmation bias.  Theories and hypotheses need to be able to be disproven.

What would disprove animals teleportation?

• Like 1