Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Cats And Dogs Teleport?

BuddingPsychic1111

6 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Then how can you say there's proof if you have no way to verify it?

That's why I don't claim proof. I use the phrase 'beyond reasonable doubt' and am content with that.

8 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

It is when your theory isn't falsifiable, it becomes confirmation bias.  Theories and hypotheses need to be able to be disproven.

What would disprove animals teleportation?

I am not claiming a testable scientific theory. I am claiming a most reasonable analysis of the evidence and argumentation.

Turning this into hard-core scientific testing I will leave to some future scientific genius. I am just a paranormal and spiritual enthusiast who does pride himself on full logical considerations.

Regardless of the paranormal existing or not, there are thousands upon thousands accounts of it, pictures, stories, etc, over hundreds of years. It's a topic.

Pets teleporting? Nonsense that just started with this thread. Complete idiotic nonsense made up on the fly by the local BS artist. No stories, no pictures, no video, nothing exists that even begins to consider it happens. Not to mention, unlike ghosts, cats and dogs exist, and can be readily observed. Thousands upon thousands of videos of pets at home, at play, watched secretly by nannycams - yet nothing exists. And let's not forget the thousands of animals put down every year at shelters, and all the abused animals who want nothing more than to be free, this thread is nothing but an insult to them.

Just ****ing stupid. It's insultingly stupid. Anybody who defends this garbage deserves to be publicly shamed for being a braindead moron.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moonman said:

Regardless of the paranormal existing or not, there are thousands upon thousands accounts of it, pictures, stories, etc, over hundreds of years. It's a topic.

Pets teleporting? Nonsense that just started with this thread. Complete idiotic nonsense made up on the fly by the local BS artist. No stories, no pictures, no video, nothing exists that even begins to consider it happens. Not to mention, unlike ghosts, cats and dogs exist, and can be readily observed. Thousands upon thousands of videos of pets at home, at play, watched secretly by nannycams - yet nothing exists. And let's not forget the thousands of animals put down every year at shelters, and all the abused animals who want nothing more than to be free, this thread is nothing but an insult to them.

Just ****ing stupid. It's insultingly stupid. Anybody who defends this garbage deserves to be publicly shamed for being a braindead moron.

You might not have noticed that no one is saying that pets have any deliberate control over this thing or that is anything but an extremely rare unexpected event that we don’t understand.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You might not have noticed that no one is saying that pets have any deliberate control over this thing or that is anything but an extremely rare unexpected event that we don’t understand.

And that makes the entire premise any less idiotic how, exactly? If anything that makes the whole thing sound even dumber. 

You're saying two (and only two) completely separate species developed the ability to ****ing randomly teleport. Just cats and dogs. Randomly teleporting with no control. The two species we just happen to keep closest to us as pets, conveniently. 

If you had clue one on how evolution works, you would know how stupid that idea is. We don't even need to get into the mechanics of how teleporting a body would (not) work, the evolutionary track alone makes this the stupidest idea ever presented here.

Now I suppose I will get countered with some drivel about how the fact that we keep them as pets is what gives them this magic ability in the first place...because who needs logic or evidence when you can just keep BSing excuses to explain the nonsense. Reminds me of the whole flat Earth thing.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, moonman said:

And that makes the entire premise any less idiotic how, exactly? If anything that makes the whole thing sound even dumber. 

You're saying two (and only two) completely separate species developed the ability to ****ing randomly teleport. Just cats and dogs. Randomly teleporting with no control. The two species we just happen to keep closest to us as pets, conveniently.

If you had clue one on how evolution works, you would know how stupid that idea is.

You are making even more mis-assumptions :

1)  That it is only cats and dogs. I have heard stories of people teleporting with no seeming inside-the-box explanation for the movement. Who put a species limit on this.

• Haha 1

So now we've moved beyond the thread title and on to "everything can teleport randomly". Not just pets like first claimed, but everything.

The stupidity knows no bounds. I should have expected as much.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, moonman said:

So now we've moved beyond the thread title and on to "everything can teleport randomly". Not just pets like first claimed, but everything.

The stupidity knows no bounds. I should have expected as much.

Yes, it probably follows causes and mechanisms that we don’t understand so it to us seems random.

That is true of many types of paranormal things.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That's why I don't claim proof. I use the phrase 'beyond reasonable doubt' and am content with that.

I am not claiming a testable scientific theory. I am claiming a most reasonable analysis of the evidence and argumentation.

Turning this into hard-core scientific testing I will leave to some future scientific genius. I am just a paranormal and spiritual enthusiast who does pride himself on full logical considerations.

That's nonsensical. There is no evidence. Therefore is no reason to even belief this gibberish of human or animal teleportation.

The claim of 'beyond reasonable doubt' is simply wacky.

The reasonable analysis is to start with the question of whether or not something did happen. Before you come up with ideas as to how it happened you need to verify that something did indeed happen. 

There is plenty of reasonable doubt as to anything happening. Before making some assumption as you have done that something did happen it is important to drop that assumption and determine if something did happen.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Yes, it probably follows causes and mechanisms that we don’t understand so it to us seems random.

That is true of many types of paranormal things.

It seems weird because it probably never happened. The paranormal is just a fantasy. It is stories of things that never happened that convince the easily fooled into guessing why these fictional events happened.

• Like 1

I just cannot believe this thread is going on and on. Teleporting cats and dogs, really?

While I and several others would be deemed skeptics this is, in my opinion, just silly. So far anything deemed paranormal has, at best, been shown to be "unknown" and nothing more. Teleporting critters seems to be reaching, even for those that accept and believe virtually anything labeled "paranormal". 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, esoteric_toad said:

just cannot believe this thread is going on and on. Teleporting cats and dogs, really?

While I and several others would be deemed skeptics this is, in my opinion, just silly. So far anything deemed paranormal has, at best, been shown to be "unknown" and nothing more. Teleporting critters seems to be reaching, even for those that accept and believe virtually anything labeled "paranormal". 

I think the author has comedic talent, and racks his brain coming up with wacky subjects. Does he believe the content...….?

image.png.c3cc7aa689f46b7749db25aca7aea35a.png ?

Edited by Habitat

I am not claiming a testable scientific theory. I am claiming a most reasonable analysis of the evidence and argumentation

I believe i now get it, his reasoning is just a personal thing, for him in this case saying a pet can teleport is reasonable and beyond doubt, he doesnt see the myriad reasons its not only unlikely but pretty much impossible and he doesnt care, his is a fantasyland in his own mind, it works for him, i can respect that its a childlike quailty you know like belief in santa or easter bunny, as far as i know hes not hurting anyone so i support him in his delusionals,

I wish it was that easy for me i would love to blissfully believe in outlandish unproven fantasies but i cant, i have to have some substance and proof.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, stereologist said:

That's nonsensical. There is no evidence. Therefore is no reason to even belief this gibberish of human or animal teleportation.

The claim of 'beyond reasonable doubt' is simply wacky.

The reasonable analysis is to start with the question of whether or not something did happen. Before you come up with ideas as to how it happened you need to verify that something did indeed happen. 

There is plenty of reasonable doubt as to anything happening. Before making some assumption as you have done that something did happen it is important to drop that assumption and determine if something did happen.

You are commenting on my comments that have been on various things as tends to happen in linger threads. To clarify: I believe the so-called paranormal occurs beyond reasonable doubt. As to 'cat/dog teleportation' my position is only that it is likely to occur.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

You are commenting on my comments that have been on various things as tends to happen in linger threads. To clarify: I believe the so-called paranormal occurs beyond reasonable doubt. As to 'cat/dog teleportation' my position is only that it is likely to occur.

Likely? Why? 

There is no evidence this occurs. Step 1 is to verify that the claimed events do happen. So far nothing has been offered to suggest this does happen.

If there were evidence that this happens then other steps could be taken, but for now it is zilch, nada, nothing.

There is no evidence that anything claimed to be paranormal actually happens.

At best we can say there are stories that keep getting repeated that have either never been researched or have been researched and found to be false.

Research is not reading a fantasy story, which is all there is when it comes to the paranormal. Someone hears a paranormal story and they repeat it, usually with no changes and sometimes with embellishment. That is not research. That does not determine if the events actually happened. Pretty soon all there is a pile of manure. When the pile of manure gets large enough people can't imagine it being all manure. They envision that there must be some portion that is true. It can be all manure and with the paranormal it is all fiction.

Of the stories that have been researched it turns out that only the stories without the possibility of being checked are left unresolved. The resolved stories are all found to be fiction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Likely? Why? 

There is no evidence this occurs. Step 1 is to verify that the claimed events do happen. So far nothing has been offered to suggest this does happen.

If there were evidence that this happens then other steps could be taken, but for now it is zilch, nada, nothing.

There is no evidence that anything claimed to be paranormal actually happens.

At best we can say there are stories that keep getting repeated that have either never been researched or have been researched and found to be false.

Research is not reading a fantasy story, which is all there is when it comes to the paranormal. Someone hears a paranormal story and they repeat it, usually with no changes and sometimes with embellishment. That is not research. That does not determine if the events actually happened. Pretty soon all there is a pile of manure. When the pile of manure gets large enough people can't imagine it being all manure. They envision that there must be some portion that is true. It can be all manure and with the paranormal it is all fiction.

Of the stories that have been researched it turns out that only the stories without the possibility of being checked are left unresolved. The resolved stories are all found to be fiction.

You forgot the meaning of the word ‘evidence’ again. And again! Human experiences and recollections can be evidence (but not ‘proof’). 

A body of experiences and recollections analyzed for quantity, quality and consistency can affect my understanding of reality. 

A mind like mine is very rationally oriented. I

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

You forgot the meaning of the word ‘evidence’ again. And again! Human experiences and recollections can be evidence (but not ‘proof’). 

A body of experiences and recollections analyzed for quantity, quality and consistency can affect my understanding of reality. 

A mind like mine is very rationally oriented. I

There is no proof in science and anecdotes are not evidence.

All you have done is to pretend that stories are more than just stories. Not a single researched paranormal event has turned out to be as described. 

Is there consistency? Yes in having never happened.

Quantity is meaningless. It is just more cut and paste.

Quality - zero.

What you do is not rational. You might surprise yourself if you took the time to do research and reading and sucking up fantasies is not research.

The simple fact is that step 1 is to determine if the events did happen. That is something you have never done.

• Like 2

George lives in lala Fantasyland, we just have to accept it. He's not coming back to rationality, and there's no point in trying to make him. It's a waste of time. 

He can call himself "logical" and "rational" all day, but the rest of us (well, most of us) know what those words actually mean.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, moonman said:

George lives in lala Fantasyland, we just have to accept it. He's not coming back to rationality, and there's no point in trying to make him. It's a waste of time. 

He can call himself "logical" and "rational" all day, but the rest of us (well, most of us) know what those words actually mean.

George lives in world where all things are rationally considered. He doesn’t blindly reject anecdotal claims of the paranormal just because they’re anecdotal  but rather considers them for quantity, quality and consistency along with all other things.

He refers to his land as Rational Land. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

George lives in world where all things are rationally considered. He doesn’t blindly reject anecdotal claims of the paranormal just because they’re anecdotal  but rather considers them for quantity, quality and consistency along with all other things.

He refers to his land as Rational Land. 

Do you believe every paranormal claim you're told?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Do you believe every paranormal claim you're told?

No, only gullible fools do that! And I’m nobody’s fool!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

No, only gullible fools do that! And I’m nobody’s fool!!

hmm interesting- so how do you work out what story 'could be true' & what stories/ claims are BS?

give me an example of what you feel is probably a legitimate story & one you feel is probably BS? & explain why

• Like 1

On 07/03/2019 at 6:28 PM, moonman said:

Pets teleporting? Nonsense that just started with this thread. Complete idiotic nonsense made up on the fly by the local BS artist.

hmmm, i don't know about that:

i've seen a cat teleport= a cat seemed to be trapped on a railway track.. i ran to save it but a train shot past & the cat was gone!

7 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

hmmm, i don't know about that:

i've seen a cat teleport= a cat seemed to be trapped on a railway track.. i ran to save it but a train shot past & the cat was gone!

It was probably stuck to the front of the train - maybe that's what you meant.

5 minutes ago, moonman said:

It was probably stuck to the front of the train - maybe that's what you meant.

hmmm thanks-  i didn't consider that as a possibility;)