Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Death1138

Michael Shermer

9 posts in this topic

danydandan
2 minutes ago, Death1138 said:

I'm interested in knowing what you think of Michael Shermer. Here is a recent Interview with him.

https://youtu.be/hhWnmTUafoo     

I love the dudes work. 

• Like 2

MERRY DMAS

I get my Shermer on. 

A0xqS9ACAAIUvId.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Scudbuster

He's spot on when it comes to the "God" issue, he makes some great points:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

onlookerofmayhem
2 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

He's spot on when it comes to the "God" issue, he makes some great points:

I couldn't agree more. 

There is the excuse that all the gods people talk about are really just the same god. As Mr. Shermer explains that even though there are similarities, most are inherently different. 

I feel they same way in regards to how everyone on Earth is atheistic to 99.999 percent of all gods, but somehow convinces themselves that they have picked the "right" one.

• Like 1

Mr Walker
9 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

I couldn't agree more. 

There is the excuse that all the gods people talk about are really just the same god. As Mr. Shermer explains that even though there are similarities, most are inherently different. 

I feel they same way in regards to how everyone on Earth is atheistic to 99.999 percent of all gods, but somehow convinces themselves that they have picked the "right" one.

Well what sort of idiot would pick a god they considered the "wrong" one ?  :) 

• Like 1

Scudbuster
4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Well what sort of idiot would pick a god they considered the "wrong" one ?  :) 

Thus, in other words, 100% of them are all figments of the imagination of man.  :D

Mr Walker
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

Thus, in other words, 100% of them are all figments of the imagination of man.  :D

Not necessarily  Dogs are real and come in many forms A person can love, hate,  or eat, a dog. They can like/prefer certain types of dogs over others, for their own reasons.

In other words, as well as being real, a dog exists as a mental construct in the human mind,  and it is this construct which determines our relationship with dogs, in general and particular 

Thus it can also be with a god.  It can exist in your mind (imagination) and in your physical life, just as a dog does  

The clever thing is to pick a god, as you would a dog, ie to suit your own needs. 

Edited by Mr Walker

Scudbuster
1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Not necessarily  Dogs are real and come in many forms A person can love, hate,  or eat, a dog. They can like/prefer certain types of dogs over others, for their own reasons.

In other words, as well as being real, a dog exists as a mental construct in the human mind,  and it is this construct which determines our relationship with dogs, in general and particular 

Thus it can also be with a god.  It can exist in your mind (imagination) and in your physical life, just as a dog does  

The clever thing is to pick a god, as you would a dog, ie to suit your own needs. 

But, the dog passed the first test - I can reach out and touch it, then make whatever mental constructs from there.

The supposed "god" can't pass that first test.........therefore, all the rest is just a make believe dream of sorts.